Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RAFA'S £70m SPREE

RAFA BENITEZ expects as much as £70million to rebuild his Liverpool squad this summer.

The Spanish boss will get around £20m from his American owners and hopes to raise £50m more in player sales.

Benitez wants £16m for Xabi Alonso, £15m for Peter Crouch, £6m for goalkeeper Scott Carson, £5m each for John Arne Riise and Jermaine Pennant, and £2m for Steve Finnan.

Andriy Voronin can also leave for around £1m after a woeful debut season at Anfield.

Realistically, Liverpool are more likely to raise around £40m if they can offload all those players.

Despite the ongoing feud behind the scenes at the club, there is no indication the levels of spending will be much different from recent years.

Benitez has already spent £18m to make Javier Mascherano's loan deal permanent.

And he has accounted for a chunk of his possible finances with the pursuit of £8m left-back Andrea Dossena from Udinese and Gareth Barry, who could cost £16m from Aston Villa.

Middlesbrough winger Stewart Downing is a possible recruit for around £12m. Espanyol's Albert Riera is an alternative.

That will leave Benitez to rely on whatever other funds he can raise for a striker to replace Crouch.

Ideal

In the meantime he sees Steven Gerrard as Fernando Torres' ideal strike partner.

The pursuit of Barry as a central midfielder to replace Alonso reveals Benitez's priority, though the deal remains on ice.

Alonso wants to stay at Anfield, but Juventus are expected to make a formal bid this week.

Gerrard's preference for a more central role is well known, and there are those at the club who believe the captain should be shifted back into his favoured position and a more orthodox striker, such as Dimitar Berbatov, signed with the bulk of the budget.

The Anfield skipper has found himself used in numerous positions throughout his career, sacrificed for the good of the team, but still without the ultimate reward of a sustained title challenge.

His discontent with Liverpool's shabby off-field affairs is unlikely to change if sacrificing his positional preference at the start of next season doesn't lead to an improvement in league form.

Link

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
He wants 15 for Crouch!? He doesn't even play Crouch and he wants that much? Rafa is delusional. He'll be lucky to get 8 for Crouch I think.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
how desperate are liverpool to get the funds. 16m on alonso and 15m on crouch, rafa is going crazy. are u sure it is 6m for carson? for what i heard, liverpool demands 10m, if barry is not included in the deal.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
15m for Crouch? Even in Euros or Dollars thats a little too much imo..Well to be fair to the article in question, it did say that "Rafa wants"...well I want loads of things but most prob it won't happen lol Like how Rafa wanted Heinze!

·
New signing
224 Posts
Benitez wants £16m for Xabi Alonso = Should get quite abit for Alonso. Excellent player. Won't get in our team though ;)

£15m for Peter Crouch = What?

£6m for goalkeeper Scott Carson = Hmmm, depends if Villa want to buy.

£5m each for John Arne Riise = Possibly. Can still do a job.
and Jermaine Pennant = 5m for Pennant. Possibly. Should get near that.
and £2m for Steve Finnan. = easy money.

Andriy Voronin can also leave for around £1m = Yes he's crap. Should get about a mill.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
i realy don't care...what benitez is doing at shiverpool...so..you should do better and post something about United..the Champions of Europe:D

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
True, very true Wazza ...

To be honest I dont worry for one simple reason ...

Rafa Beneathus will always go off to buy second
rate Spaniards, he has a habit of doing this - and
as long as he does that he can have £300 million
for all I care ... he is ineffective and second rate
as a manager !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wazza1989 said:
i realy don't care...what benitez is doing at shiverpool...so..you should do better and post something about United..the Champions of Europe:D
Neither do i mate, But your a bit two faced who also has created threads outside united (Inter 1-2 Juve) Keep out of the topic if you feel like that, Football banter discuss outside united

·
Banned
298 Posts
Wazza1989 said:
YEAH THAT RITE DUDE LOL WE R THE CHAMPION!! KING OF EUROPEAN

·
Registered
675 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:

beneathus ! hahahah :D y didnt i think of that. ur a star carly :p

·
Banned
31 Posts
Dynamite lets not be bitter ay iam liverpool fan as you can probaly see and i can admit ronaldo was the best player in the world this season but i cant see how you can be say that about torres hes broke ruud record plus never took a pen and is statically the top scorer in all of europe in open play

Z

·
0 Posts
I think you've misunderstood Dynamite.
He's saying Torres is a world class striker,
not second class. :rolleyes:

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:

hehee :D
he dont buy 2nd spaniards torres is 1st class reina and alonso are 1st class :cool:
:eek:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts