Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This news has just broken so i'm a little unclear on the reasons why, vote rigging i suspect.?!

I'll add more info as i get it.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
balls dint want him to go because now whoever is up for election will promise that they will sign ronaldo to get into power and that will jus lead to even more speculation than there is now :mad:

·
Banned
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cantos red army said:
balls dint want him to go because now whoever is up for election will promise that they will sign ronaldo to get into power and that will jus lead to even more speculation than there is now :mad:

Yeah, i think you could be right. The next President be probably be more extreme than Calderon but he never did get Ronaldo did he.!!??

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Dont_go_Carlo said:
Yeah, i think you could be right. The next President be probably be more extreme than Calderon but he never did get Ronaldo did he.!!??
i know that but in this day and age he could go behind the backs of people tap ronny up and than next season ronny can buy out the reminder of his contract wich would be what 20 million? we need to get him to sign a new deal

·
Banned
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Loads of breaking sports news on SKY right now. Ancelotti's press conference on Kaka', Tom Hicks' press conference regarding Benitez & the Calderon story.!!

(I need to get a job).

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Dont_go_Carlo said:
Loads of breaking sports news on SKY right now. Ancelotti's press conference on Kaka', Tom Hicks' press conference regarding Benitez & the Calderon story.!!

(I need to get a job).
i need to get sky sports news :(

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

The unfortunate hing is that the incumbant will surely be a bigger ***** than Calderon.

Calderon set to quit
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_4799110,00.html

Real chief to step down

Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon is set to resign from his post with the Spanish giants.

According to reports in Spain, Calderon will tender his resignation on Friday after allegations were made about the club's accounts.

It is claimed that Calderon stacked a general assembly with fake delegates in December, in order to get the club's annual accounts approved.

Calderon said on Wednesday that he had fired two of his close aides and that he would not quit.

However, it appears members of the Real board have forced Calderon to step down.

Vice-president Vicente Bolunda is now on stand-by to take over the reins, once Calderon's departure is confirmed.

57-year-old Calderon, was elected to power in 2006 succeeding Florentino Perez, and he had already stated he was unlikely to stand again once his mandate was over in 2010.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Well one possible reason is the vote rigging which Calderon vehemently denies. Much like he denied he was quitting earlier today. :p

A former secretary was pressuring him to leave. She claimed she had seen things behind the scenes.

Things that were potentially very embarrassing for Calderon. No, not a sex scandal you perverts! :D

Her claims were based on his handling of club affairs, extremely bad transfer decisions to be specific.

It's all pretty murky at this stage. He'll do a press conference later. Don't expect that to clear things up though.

Think they'll give up on Ronaldo now? :D

"In Interviú magazine, she stated that Madrid went ahead with the presentation of Van Nistelrooy in July 2006 despite the fact that he was not actually their player."

"Pedja wants to change the amount of commission of the representative because it seems that it is not €1.2 million but, in fact, €1.5 million; you have made a mistake,"

Madrid's corporate director general, Carlos Martínez Albornoz, then left the stadium with a colleague; neither of them having signed the contract, which would have made it legal.

That did not stop the press conference going ahead. Van Nistelrooy posed with Ramón Calderón, who is said to have personally authorised the agent receiving more money, and Alfredo di Stefáno as if the deal had been signed.

Then there is the matter of Higauin. In another incident, Bermúdez revealed, the club were sent an official fax offering them Higuaín for €6m in August 2006 but they turned down the opportunity.

In December of that year the Spanish club then registered a bid having watched the player and had to hand over more than double the amount that they would have paid in the summer.

Link: http://www.goal.com/en/news/1705/real-madrid/2009/01/12/1056687/real-madrid-embarrassed-by-secretary-scandal

·
Registered
601 Posts
glad hes gone, created so much storm in the summer. Its good news though because all the rumours will now stop. I think he didnt just cuase havack to ronaldo and saf but he created differences with him and real madrid as well

·
Banned
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
trikam patel said:
glad hes gone, created so much storm in the summer. Its good news though because all the rumours will now stop. I think he didnt just cuase havack to ronaldo and saf but he created differences with him and real madrid as well

Do you think Sir Alex might have had something to do with his resignation.??

·
Registered
113 Posts
Glad this **** has gone, hopefully to be never seen in football again. He failed, could not deliver what he promised. good redence to that piece of ****.

·
Banned
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
stubie123 said:
Glad this **** has gone, hopefully to be never seen in football again. He failed, could not deliver what he promised. good redence to that piece of ****.

I take it you don't like him then.??

1 - 20 of 31 Posts