Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spurs boss Ramos: Man Utd's Campbell will play

Juande Ramos is pleased with Tottenham's summer market work.

Roman Pavlyuchenko has been bought from Spartak Moscow to take Berbatov's number nine jersey, and Ramos is also looking for his side's creativity to come from Luka Modric, who was signed from Dinamo Zagreb.

"I have little doubt that we have a squad of greater overall quality now than when I began at this club a year ago," Ramos said.

"And by the end of the season our results will have proved this to be the case.

"I know there is much debate about our striker options, but I look at the whole picture and not just a like-for-like exchange.

"I want creativity and attacking flair from many parts of the pitch."

Fraizer Campbell has been signed on loan as part of the Dimitar Berbatov deal, and Ramos wants to utilise the youngster's speed.

"Fraizer Campbell brings us pace, power and he's a very good goalscorer," Ramos told tottenhamhotspur.com.

"He has a good workrate and is a handful for defenders, not for the same reasons as Roman, but because of his lightning pace.

"On top of that, he's a natural goalscorer as we saw last season during his time on loan at Hull City. When you've got the ability, it gives you self-belief, and that's what he's got."​

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
there is no vacancy left at united. fergie insists that he will return but i highly doubt so. once you start to play regular football at highest level, you will not be contented, sitting at the bench, waiting for odd chances to come by. anyway, hope he does well at tottenham.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
great Campbell will play
he will gain great experience from playing for spurs
i see him fighting with Bent for his place

·
Registered
934 Posts
great news
the more experience he gets the better
especially in the epl
hope we can hold on to him
and next year he can play for us on a more regular basis

·
Registered
6 Posts
We should get him back.. i think it is a good move sending him there he will gain good experience.. SAF really rates him high thats why he didnt sell him only loaned.. He is a bright prospect!!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
But how much will he play?

I think he'll definitely be 3rd in the pecking order behind Bent and Pavlyuchenko. Plus, although Ramos was forced into playing 1 up top, he's been playing Bentley just behind the main striker. Dos Santos can also play there.

I just hope Campbell doesn't have a loan spell similar to Rossi's at Newcastle.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
good, let him have more experience on the premier league... after that when he returns, he'll get used to it and score some goals

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Hope he gets the Chance and Fight Bent for the Place.
But I hope He'll Reyturn next Year at United.
He has a great Potential to be Our No.2 in Forward.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Any experiance Fraizer gets at Spurs will do him good. Wether he will return to United and play a significant part will remain to be seen but there's no doubting he has talent.

I hope Ramos does give him a chance at Spurs. We don't want another situation like when Rossi went on loan to Newcastle and they hardly played him. But Ramos is not obliged to play Fraizer so it will be up to him to prove that he is worthy of a place in the Spurs side.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
i really hoe he does play...it will be good experience in the top flight....
he didnt impress me that much in the first game and wanted him to loaned to some premiership team to learn......
i hope he progresses well there....
and if he does return better then im sure he will give some of our strikers a run for their place!!!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
reddwarf said:
But how much will he play?

I think he'll definitely be 3rd in the pecking order behind Bent and Pavlyuchenko. Plus, although Ramos was forced into playing 1 up top, he's been playing Bentley just behind the main striker. Dos Santos can also play there.

I just hope Campbell doesn't have a loan spell similar to Rossi's at Newcastle.

I have to agree...i really have to agree...If i can remember correctly...almost all managers that we have our boys on loaned at say the same thing but in the end..its not like what they make it out to be.

Its a huge task for him..granted not as huge as playing for man utd but still this gonna be his chance to show what he is made of, the real test for him. Either now or never.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I would rather wait to see if Ramos delivers on his promise.

We should know better than anyone in recent times that promising a player that he'll play regularly is not always delivered upon.

I wouldn't be bothered if he didn't get many games in all honesty. Tottenham are in no position to HAVE to play him, and they shouldn't have to play him if they don't think its the right thing to do, just to please us.

I honesty don't think he'll be back to us to play regularly. It might not be Tottenham he goes to, but I don't think he'll be back in all honesty.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I expected Campbell would become the 4th striker as successful as Ole. As manutd004 said, it seems there will be quite low chance that he will be back and play regularly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Whenever he plays its good for us.. He will gain experience in the Premier League and we are gonna get him back.. He is a bright prospect.. Hope he does well there!!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I was watching the interview with Fergie on MUTV just after Berbatov had signed and when asked about Frazier going south as part of the deal he looked like he was not 100% happy to see him go . It seemed that was part of the deal which he was reluctant to agree to .
I reckon Fergie would have preferred to hang on to him and play him as and when he saw fit .
Whether or not he returns to United is purely down to United . Its only a loan deal lets not forget that . In a way it looks like Spurs have become somewhat of a feeder club for United .

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
dublin red said:
I was watching the interview with Fergie on MUTV just after Berbatov had signed and when asked about Frazier going south as part of the deal he looked like he was not 100% happy to see him go . It seemed that was part of the deal which he was reluctant to agree to .
I reckon Fergie would have preferred to hang on to him and play him as and when he saw fit .
Whether or not he returns to United is purely down to United . Its only a loan deal lets not forget that . In a way it looks like Spurs have become somewhat of a feeder club for United .
Fergie wouldnt have been to happy about it but Spurs had the right to make
these demands to be fair. Fergie had agreed with Bruce at half 6 that night
that Campbell would go to Wigan, but for obvious reasons the loan fell through.
I think its great that he has gone out on loan to a Prem club so we get to see
if he can cut it at the highest level. He should get a chance at Spurs as they dont
have many options up front, especially of Bent or Pavyl... get injured.
Im quite happy about this tbh. Funnily enough his chances may have been more
limited at Wigan.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts