Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos has admitted that he is flattered by Manchester United's reported interest.

On Thursday, it was claimed that United were monitoring the Spain international's situation at the Bernabeu as manager Sir Alex Ferguson lines up a long-term replacement for Gary Neville.

Ramos' brother, Rene, moved to play down the speculation, and the 22-year-old right-back has reiterated those comments, insisting he is happy with his current deal at Real.

"It is a good sign that such big teams are interested in me, but not I have no ideas about that (a transfer)," Ramos told Marca.

I have a good contract with Madrid and I am focussed on the Spanish team. When the European Championships finish we can see what happens."

Ramos' agent, Pedro Bravo, did admit that reports of him having recently travelled to England were true, but did not reveal whether he had met with United officials.

"One thing I would ask is what clubs are not interested in a player like Sergio Ramos?" Bravo said.

"It is true that on Monday I was in England. I have a good relationship with Manchester United."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3685014,00.html

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
There is only one player in the world who I would approve off f we had to let Ronaldo go. Fortunately Sergio Ramos is this player. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
i would welcome a move for ramos because 1 thing that is brilliant about this guy is he runs and helps the forwards. he is a goal scorer.

17 goals in 3 seasons for Madrid

·
Registered
47 Posts
It would be great if Utd bought Ramos, he's such a talented right back and would cover centre really well too.

I wouldnt normally say this but i think we should try to unsettle him with a big money offer.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
roneilc said:
i would welcome a move for ramos because 1 thing that is brilliant about this guy is he runs and helps the forwards. he is a goal scorer.

17 goals in 3 seasons for Madrid
but his job should be defending.....
He had a nightmare in Spain's last game positionally and gave the ball away a lot.
Still a great player, but we have Gary and Wes so....

·
Registered
736 Posts

RAMOS WELCOMES UNITED INTEREST

Spain defender Sergio Ramos is flattered by reported interest from Manchester United and admitted he would "see what happens" following Euro 2008.

The Real Madrid defender was one of the cornerstones of the club's Primera Liga title defence last season and is a first-choice for national team coach Luis Aragones.

Although he stressed he was not angling for a move while his focus was on events in Austria and Switzerland, he was vague about his future following the summer showpiece.

When asked about United's interest on radio station Canal Sur, he said: "It is a good sign that big clubs are interested in me, but at the moment I am not considering anything.

"I have a good contract with Madrid and I am concentrating on the national team. When Euro 2008 finishes we will see what happens."

Ramos' agent Sergio Bravo did little to quell the speculation by claiming he has a good working relationship with the Old Trafford club.

He said: "It is true that on Monday I was in England.

"I have a good relationship with Manchester United. I sorted the transfer of (goalkeeper) Ricardo to the English club."

A deal could be delicate to broker, however, as United recently reported Madrid to FIFA over claims the Spanish giants have carried out a deliberate campaign to unsettle Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo.-SportingLife

·
Registered
550 Posts
YES!! Ramos ftw!

Offer Ronaldo to Real for £70mil plus Sergio Ramos. They'll say 'no' and then we'll say 'take it or leave it' and then they'll convince Ramos to go and it will happen.

Next stop, Benzema and Kaka!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Pity about his skin..

If I was world famous and getting a large portion of skin tattooed I'd get a single flowing graphic not weird little blotches spaced sporadically around my body.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
He is a great player, but this won't happen.

If we try to sign ANY Madrid player, theres only one thing Madrid are gonna ask for :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Ramos is my fave defender.He can play cb and rb on the same level.Great player and i'd like to see him playing for us.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Ha I wish, I think he may become one of the great defenders, our defence would be SO hard to break down then, it is now, but imagine with Ramos!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts