Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Achieving Your Childhood Dreams

"Carnegie Mellon Professor Randy Pausch (Oct. 23, 1960 - July 25, 2008) gave his last lecture at the university Sept. 18, 2007, before a packed McConomy Auditorium. In his moving presentation, "Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams," Pausch talked about his lessons learned and gave advice to students on how to achieve their own career and personal goals."

I watched this video about three months ago and was inspired with this professor's last lecture. I've just watched it again after learning of his death two days ago. It is well worth watching the whole thing. Please discuss.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
I watched it on Friday as well after all the news about his passing. Was a very good presentation, and was great to see his outlook given the circumstance. Wish I would have been smart enough to be in any of his classes, or even sart enough to make a coherent post. ;)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I really enjoy this too. You can see the physical pain that he is going through but you can tell in his voice that he overcomes that pain. His passion for life is unbelievable. R.I.P.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a special on him this tuesday at 8:00 or 10:00 pm eastern usa team on abc or nbc... If anyone is interested.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I didn't know that he had just died. I was literally just about to go and get his book, The Last Lecture. :(

I'll definitely have to go and get it now. I hope he found somewhere peaceful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts