Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Corriere dello Sport has linked the Old Lady with the usual suspects, such as Frank Lampard and Mathieu Flamini, along with Manchester United duo Patrice Evra and Gerard Pique.

The Italian giants are of course looking to re-establish their credentials as one of Europe's elite following their demotion to Serie B as punishment after the Calciopoli scandal.

They have made the best of starts, winning Serie B last year and sealing Champions League qualification this term, but know that much of their domestic success came due to the relatively clear fixture calendar as they did not participate in European competition.

Now, the squad will need strengthening and more quality players will be required, as many Juventini were left disillusioned with outgoing transfer director Alessio Secco's summer signings last year.

They will have to fight for Flamini with rivals Milan, but may hold the edge as they will be playing Champions League football - something the Rossoneri are not yet guaranteed.

Patrice Evra is a prize asset at Old Trafford, but Pique plays deputy to the nigh-on unbreakable partnership or Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand, and as such he may wish to move away from Old Trafford to further his development in these crucial years of his career.

It is thought that Raffaele Palladino - often relegated to the substitutes' bench or played on the wing as opposed to up front by his club - may be involved in a part-exchange deal, as Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is an admirer of the youngster.

The dream signing for Ranieri though, would be Chelsea's Lampard, who the Tinkerman of course coached during his time at Chelsea.

There have been persistent rumours of the 29-year-old leaving Stamford Bridge, though as his mother has recently passed away, it remains to be seen how that affects his decision-making regarding his future at the club, whether it will encourage him to stay to be with his family or to leave to start over is a point of curiosity.

His wage demands in the region of £5.5 million per year may prove something of a stumbling block, but Ranieri may be able to raise money offloading unsuccessful acquisitions such as Tiago Mendes or Sergio Almiron, who will soon return from his six-month loan spell at Monaco.

Goal.com

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
realy don't care...he dreams of getting pique or evra...i think he's crazy should start and look elsewhere...Man Utd is a family...and we don't sell our family

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
And Evra would leave because...?

Pique has more chance of leaving than Evra, as he may want first team football.

But I hope Pique stays. I really admire him as a player, as I've said many times and feel we'll miss someone like him.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
why would evra want to leave us to go to a team which is not as good as us and is not the same team after they were sent to the second division!!!!
he would do best to stay with us...
cant say the same about pique though..im sure he will leave if he isnt gonna get any first team fotball next season and with rio and vidic here i dont think he will get much football next year......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts