Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill stick up the M.E.N ratings when they come up but Ill throw mine up in the mean time.

VDS- 7 Not really tested today.

Rafael- 8 Very impressive again. Great going forward.
Rio - 7 Solid.
Vidic - 7 Solid.
Evra - 9 MOTM-savage going forward and in defence. I love Pat!

Ronaldo - 5 Not his day.
Fletcher - 7.5 Did well in the middle.
Carrick - 8.5 Controlled the game. Great performance.
Park - 8 Bundles of energy. Was important when down to 10 men.

Berbatov - 7.5 Some sublime touches. Did well.
Rooney - 7 Scored the goal and nearly got a smashing 2nd at the end.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
M.E.N ratings just up, which are remarkably similar to mine :)

7 van der Sar: The Dutchman was surprisingly only a spectator in the first half with just a brave dive in on Robinho needed to keep him occupied. Handling sound when things got slightly busier

8 Rafael: Fergie’s faith in the 18-year-old, plunging him into an away derby as a direct opponent against Robinho was vindicated. The teenager was rarely in trouble against his fellow countryman

7 Ferdinand: The Blues never really had much in their locker to upset Mr Cool but he was almost caught a couple of times in second half but rallied when Reds down to ten men

8 Vidic: Took care of Benjani with his usual power. The big Serb was the dominant Red at the back and provided great late rearguard action

8 Evra: Took the game to City right back Richards and gave the England prospect a tough time with some penetrative attacking. Defensively was well on top also

6 Ronaldo: Had a good early chance when he rose above Richards and Dunne but despite City not going down the physical route he couldn’t take full advantage. Soft way to be sent-off

7 Fletcher: Put himself on a disciplinary tightrope with two tackles on Wright-Phillips that earned him a first half booking

8 Carrick: He was one calm customer in the heavily manned midfield area. Protected back four well but still never neglected his duty

7 Park: Played a part in Rooney’s goal by holding ball up well in a congested area and put in his usual hard working and disciplined shift

7 Rooney: Was back on top of his game. Sent in some dangerous set pieces, a mixture with his little flick offs but poached well for the opener

8 Berbatov: Cool as you like. Just what United have been missing recently. The Bulgarian had space where there wasn’t any and City had no answer when he dropped deep

Subs:

Giggs (sub Berbatov 83) No late impact 5

O’Shea (sub Park 90) Hardly saw ball

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
VDS 7 Didnt have much to do.

Rafael 8. Good going forward and did well defensively. Was very disciplined in the 2nd half when on a yellow card.

Rio 7. Good game. What he had to do he did it well.

Vidic 7. Same as Rio.

Evra 10. What a game Pat had . Excellent defensively. Excellent going forward. Absolutely Brilliant. MOTM

Ronaldo 5. Had a poor game and didnt provide much of an attacking threat.

Carrick 8. Great game. Made a few nice passes and was defensively solid.

Fletcher 7.5. Good game and was walking a tightrope in the 3nd half after his yellow.

Park 8. Great workrate. Did well to help Rafael stifle the threat of Robinho

Berbatov 8. Showed some nice touches. Exactly what we have been missing.

Ronney 8. Got his 100th goal and kept running all game long

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
VDS- 6 Did most things well, but flapped at a cross, which could have gone in goal if it had the slightest touch from a City player.
Rafael- 7 Impressive display from a fearless youngster.
Rio - 8 Was a brick wall except for a moment where he was dispossessed by Robinho.
Vidic - 8 A rock. An absolute rock, who tamed the beast that is Micah Richards.
Evra - 9 MOTM - A marvellous performance. Compare this performance to his debut performance and we are now witnessing the finest left-back in the world at the peak of his game.
Ronaldo - 5 Was somewhat subdued and selfish when he had three players waiting for him in the box. His petulance made his team suffer and I can only him grows up.....
Fletcher - 7 Good game, but his passing was bad once again.
Carrick - 8 Had a very good game. His completion rate wasn't to his usual standard, but when it came off the passes were inspiring.
Park - 8 Great energy and made some really dangerous runs into the box. With slightly longer legs or more pace could have scored a brace.
Berbatov - 7 Some sublime touches, but did not really influence the game.
Rooney - 8.5 Scored the winning goal and almost scored the goal of the season. Defended like a lion and didn't lose his cool when he got frustrated.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Van Der Sar - 7 - Nothing too much to do. Made a bit of a howler in the first half
and lucky to get away with it. Some good moments though, and 2 vital saves for
us too.

Rafael - 7 - Started like a train! Incredible display in the first half. Faded in the
second and was caught at times by Elano, but I don't think you'll see Robinho
marshalled so well by anyone else this season like he was done by Rafael. Star in
the making this chap.

Ferdinand - 8 - Rock Solid! Strong and never looked in any trouble. Super captain
and leads by example. Long may his form continue.

Vidic - 8 - Just like Rio, only difference is he's not the captain. The pair were
unbeatable in the back today.

Evra - 9 - Wow, wow, wow. He got forward so well today. He could out jump
a...ehh......he can jump really high! Lovely link-up with Rooney/Ronaldo and has a
sweet first touch. Best left back in the world at the moment, and I don't think I'm
over exaggerating by saying that.

Ronaldo - 5 - Oi, just when I thought I'd be coming on here in a good light about
him for not diving, not moaning, linking up well etc... he manages to get himself
sent off disgracefully. No excuses from him. Its another no show in a big game
I'm afraid.

Carrick - 9 - Brilliant! Such good feet, can pick a pass, intercept, run with it, and
play for the team too. I said Roo for my MOTM, but wish I went for Carrick now.
He's been our most impressive midfielder this season and he's in the form of his
life.

Fletcher - 8 - Very good. Has a knack of just turning out of the trouble and playing
the simple pass. Nothing flashy, just hard work and graft. Excellent display today,
making it hard for Anderson to get in now, and Scholsey will have a huge job
getting back into the team if Fletcher keeps it up

Park - 7 - Never stops working. Gets up and down well, good crosser and superb
tackler. Another good put in from the South Korean!

Rooney - 9 - That's why Rooney's world class IMO. What a performance. Ran and
ran and never gave it up. Could have scored just before his goal, but took his
goal well, managing to stay onside. Really controlled the United attacks, being
involved in 99% of our offensive moments. Also denied a wonder goal by a
fe***** keeper! I was jumping up and down thing it was on its way in! He also
made several important defensive clearances in the second half relieving the
pressure from the defence. Boy I love the way he celebrates goals!!!

Berbatov - 8 - We missed him when he was out. Offering so much more then
Tevez of late, and no different today. Touches are superb and passing was
superb. Very good display by him today, and hopefully he can get a few more
goals to his name now.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I don't usually do the ratings, but I'll start today ;);

VDS: 7 - Didn't have much to do. Still not totally convincing for me though.

Rafael: 8 - Great performance, and was wrong to receive a booking.
Rio: 7 - Did well, but not much pressure put on the defence through the game.
Vidic: 7 - Again, good performance, but not too much pressure on the backline.
Evra: 10 - Absolutely outstanding.

Ronaldo: 5 - Bad day tbh. The performance wasn't good and the red card should have been avoided.
Fletcher: 7.5 - Did well. Good performance, and the central pairing controlled the midfield for nearly all of the game.
Carrick: 8 - Very good all-round performance. Always works well in the centre with Fletcher, and they controlled the midfield today.
Park: 8.5 - Another great performance, and another great performance in a big game.

Berbatov: 7 - Decent performance but didn't have a massive influence on the game.
Rooney: 8.5 - Great performance. Two great performances in a row, so hopefully now he can get some consistency.

Subs;

Giggs (sub Berbatov 83): 3 - Didn't make any impact.

O'Shea (sub Park 90): N/A - Saw none of the ball. Time-wasting sub imo.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
How Berbatov can get a higher rating than Rooney is beyond me. Certainly not in the match I saw.

He scored a vital goal, was as menacing as anybody in a red jersey and defended like a lion. Berbatov had some nice touches and was an utlet for the midfielders, but didn't perform to Rooney's standard.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
RedForceRising said:
How Berbatov can get a higher rating than Rooney is beyond me. Certainly not in the match I saw.

He scored a vital goal, was as menacing as anybody in a red jersey and defended like a lion. Berbatov had some nice touches and was an utlet for the midfielders, but didn't perform to Rooney's standard.
Thats what I was thinking.

Berbatov was decent, but he didn't really do anything to warrant anything more than a 7 imo.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
VDS: Didn't really have much to do, but he very nearly cost us a goal in the first half, but the save at the end made up for it IMO. 7

Rafael: For me this is the game that has showed is he is ready for the first team on consistant basis. It was probably his weakest performance in terms of excitement, but he was very good defensively and when he attacked was a threat also.
I was really worried when I saw he was up against Robinho, but he eased my fears and looked very much a first team player 7

Rio:One of his best performances of the season, although that isn't really saying much. He did what he had to with minimal fuss. On a bad note he definately looks as if he has lost a yard of pace. 7

Vidic: Not for the first time this season he was an absolute beast. Tackled brilliantly and was his usual dominant self in the air. He's been our best player this season IMO. Could have used the ball a little better though. 8

Evra: Excellent. Got forward brilliantly and defended quite well aswell. Best LB in the world. 8

Ronaldo: meh. He has put on so much musclee now that his accelaration is shot. Played ok without ever really being much of a threat. His fosrt booing was a joke. 6

Carrick:Bossed the midfield. He has looked awesome since his return. 8

Fletcher: Another good performance from him. He has definately taken him game up a notch this season. His awareness of space is brilliant now and has really shut the people up who wanted him gone n the summer (myself included) 7

Park: Ran and ran and ran and ran - and also showed a lot of quality with the ball which he often fails to do. He's on form atm so he should stay in the side IMO. 7

Rooney: Best game for a while now. Got a goal and could have had another 2. Loved his celebration after he scored. His alround game was excellent aswell. 8

Berbatov: I thought he was quietly brilliant tbh. The way he passes wit the outside of his boot is awesome and his link up play with the rest of the team is getting better and better. I wish he would be a little more selfish sometimes though. 7

SUBS:

Giggs: Wrong player to bring on IMO. did ok, but nothing more or less. Gvae the ball away a couple of times though.

O'Shea: Came on, and erm..

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Van Der Sar ~ 7 Not Tested but was realable when he was called

Rafael ~ 8 Who said Rafael ain't great defensivly hes a rock both defence and offence

Ferdinand ~ 8 Rock as always

Vidic ~ 8.5 Rock but he never let us down at any moment and he smashed Richards this is why he got a better rating than Rio for me GOD :)

Evra ~ 9.5 Need is say more he burnt up the field
gave Hamman and Zabaleta a hard time and nearly killed SWP and Robinho MOTM

Ronaldo ~ 5 Didn't do much and he could have avoided the second yellow if he had head that ball instead of hitting it with his hand :rolleyes:

Fletcher ~ 7.5 Tried his best be he couldn't have his say

Carrick ~ 8 Great performance and great game distrebue

Park ~ 7.5 Useful indeed when we were 10 men :D

Rooney ~ 8 Great goal great performance and great 2nd goal he could have scored

Berbatov ~ 7.5
He was good and he could have scored but Hart was brilliant also he was showboating in the area

all Subs get N/A they had done nothing notable and Giggs should have shot instead of passing it to Rooney when Hart was running back

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
van der Sar - 7 Very little to do, but all round he did well when called upon, apart from one cross whcih he messed up.

Rafael - 8 This kid gets better and better every game, really happy he started ahead of O'Shea today and got his chance to shine :)
Rio - 7 Very little to do, but when needed coped with everything that came at him.
Vida - 8 Same as Rio although he had a little extra to him, seemed to have more of the ball and his passing seemed very accurate today.
Evra - 8 Very good game just missed out on MOTM for me.

Ronaldo - 6 First things first the red was harsh I don't think he deserved a yellow for his first challenge as he hadn't been called up for anything before that and I though he played the ball. But overall he was no way near his best. Needs to start hitting form sometime soon.
Fletcher - 7.5 Decent game, did what he had to well.
Carrick - 9 My MOTM he has been consistently immense all season, underrated player and I hope this preformance doesn't go unnoticed.
Park - 7 Great work rate, glad he started ahead of Nani.

Berbatov - 7.5 Some cracking touches fair play, few chances came his way though, thought he played to deep personally.
Rooney - 8 Good game for him, great he got a goal, fantastic game to get your 100th, thought he chased the ball down well and pressurised their defence alot, should of done better with his first chance though.

Z

·
0 Posts
Keano! said:
Ronaldo - 5 - Oi, just when I thought I'd be coming on here in a good light about
him for not diving, not moaning, linking up well etc... he manages to get himself
sent off disgracefully. No excuses from him. Its another no show in a big game
I'm afraid.
Yeah, if only he could score in the big games like the Carling Cup final, FA Cup final, Champions League final...oh wait, he did. He also scored against Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool last season. What more must he do to be classed as a big game player? Again your hatred of Ronaldo is forcing you to make ridiculous posts and I'm seriously considering deleting any future Ronaldo bashing posts you make keano. Last week you were getting boring, this week you're just annoying.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
WTF???

Someone else said that it was another poor big game performance...*goes to try and find it*

If every ******* post I make about him is deemed as bashing, then sod this.....

RedForceRising said:
Ronaldo - 5 Was somewhat subdued and selfish when he had three players waiting for him in the box. His petulance made his team suffer and I can only him grows up.....
Nemanjaa said:
Ronaldo - 6 First things first the red was harsh I don't think he deserved a yellow for his first challenge as he hadn't been called up for anything before that and I though he played the ball. But overall he was no way near his best. Needs to start hitting form sometime soon.
I presume this is bashing Ronaldo too then...

·
Registered
850 Posts
Vds-7- he made 1 great save ..
Rafa-8-he getting better ...very good performance
Rio-8-stoped some very dangerous passes
Vida-7
Evra-8-Very good performance - MOTM
Ronaldo-5-not his day
Carrick-8-
Fletch-7
Park-8
Rooney-8
Berba-8-Some great touches..that what we missed last 2 games ..he isn't in fit still i think ..he get tired in 2nd half..i hope he will be in better performance for the next game!

Z

·
0 Posts
Keano! said:
WTF???

Someone else said that it was another poor big game performance...*goes to try and find it*

If every ******* post I make about him is deemed as bashing, then sod this.....

I presume this is bashing Ronaldo too then...
RFR doesn't have a history of making silly posts. You clearly do.

RFR can refer to my previous post with regards to his big game pedigree.

And Nemanjaa can have a look at who's top of our goalscoring and assists charts despite missing half the season.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Blade said:
RFR doesn't have a history of making silly posts. You clearly do.
Ah right...so its an impression, history, ready made opinion on me...

Fair enough

RFR can refer to my previous post with regards to his big game pedigree.

And Nemanjaa can have a look at who's top of our goalscoring and assists charts despite missing half the season.

Blade said:
Yeah, if only he could score in the big games like the Carling Cup final, FA Cup final, Champions League final...oh wait, he did. He also scored against Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool last season. What more must he do to be classed as a big game player? Again your hatred of Ronaldo is forcing you to make ridiculous posts and I'm seriously considering deleting any future Ronaldo bashing posts you make keano. Last week you were getting boring, this week you're just annoying.
Carling Cup - Wigan...hardly a BIG game now is it. C'mon...
FA Cup - Milwall...big game?
Champions League - Fair enough.

How many he's scored against the other "Big 3"

Arsenal 4 goals...all in the prem
Liverpool 1 goal...in the prem
Chelsea 1 goal...Champions League final

Actually, the same as Rooney, for United...but I think I'm entitled to my opinion,
every f***ing week I get bashed for making a comment on Ronaldo. Too many
people here are on a bandwagon and blinded by a smokescreen of 42 goals last
season, and a Worlds Best player award in waiting...sure great feats and all that,
but forget that now, theres a new season on now...remember the great things in
Summer or when his playing days are over. He still has a job to do.

This will probably go down as more Ronaldo bashing, which is a stupid idea, but
hey...if you think its bashing, then its bashing ;)

He was poor today, and just because I say it, I get the bashing...

Bloody joke

·
Banned
82 Posts
THIS IS MY LAST TIME ON THIS FORUM BECAUSE AFTER READING THIS THREAD I REALISE, THE MAJORITY OF YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL.

As i scrolled down and read the ratings, i had to go back to the top and check i was on the right game.

Berbatov gave posession away more times than he kept it. He went over too easily and lost the ball repeatedly.

He was too deep, was not a goal scoring threat and did not put in enough effort and made no attempt to run forward on the break.

I was at the game and had a chat afterwards with a friend of mine who is Man Citys under 18 manager, he said he could not believe how Berbatov had remained on the pitch so long and that it was his worst performance by far in a United shirt that he had witnessed.

After the game i had flashbacks of the tottenham fans wildly celebrating on transfer deadline night when we payed £30.75m for him. I was in a bar in Majorca at the time.

Some of you on this forum are idiots and have not got a clue.

P.s. I thought the team played great (even carrick), we just lacked a cutting edge up front because effectively we were playing with one striker, ROONEY.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Its full of bits,grannys and united ,oh manchester is relativly nice on some seasonal occasions during which im mainly not there as ticket prices on the train are a bit high for me

1 - 20 of 60 Posts