Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Van der Sar: Never given much of a hope by his defence in the first half and then had little to do 6

Rafael: Attacked with purpose but was absent for Tottenham goals 5

Ferdinand: Not at his most dominant when Spurs were on top 5

Vidic: Unusually he failed to command aerially at vital moments in first half 5

Evra: Taken apart by Lennon in the first half and respite only came when Reds took command 5

Ronaldo: No impact in the first half but helped get United going as they came back with force 7

Fletcher: Never got on top of the Modric and Palacios axis that opened Reds up so easily in opening 45 minutes 5

Carrick: Never really looked comfortable until Scholes' introduction 5

Nani: Ineffective in all areas. Never provided a threat up front and unable to provide ample cover for suffering Evra 3

Rooney: Irrepresible in the second period after a lacklustre first half 8

Berbatov: Won back fans. Started well, went quite but then had a major say in United's revival 7

Subs:

Tevez (sub Nani 45) Added much needed bite 7

Scholes (sub Fletcher 61) Booking after three minutes set the tone

O'Shea (sub Rafael 70) Sound cameo 5

United 5 Spurs 2: Player ratings - Manchester United - Football - Sport - Manchester Evening News

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
At the bottom of the page it says:

"Referee: Howard Webb - Got the penalty decision right 7"

:rofl: There's nothing like a bit of bias from a newspaper.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Van der Sar: Never given much of a hope by his defence in the first half and then had little to do 6

Rafael: Attacked with purpose but was absent for Tottenham goals 5

Ferdinand: Not at his most dominant when Spurs were on top 5

Vidic: Unusually he failed to command aerially at vital moments in first half 5

Evra: Taken apart by Lennon in the first half and respite only came when Reds took command 5

Ronaldo: No impact in the first half but helped get United going as they came back with force 7

Fletcher: Never got on top of the Modric and Palacios axis that opened Reds up so easily in opening 45 minutes 5

Carrick: Never really looked comfortable until Scholes' introduction 5

Nani: Ineffective in all areas. Never provided a threat up front and unable to provide ample cover for suffering Evra 3

Rooney: Irrepresible in the second period after a lacklustre first half 8

Berbatov: Won back fans. Started well, went quite but then had a major say in United's revival 7

Subs:

Tevez (sub Nani 45) Added much needed bite 7

Scholes (sub Fletcher 61) Booking after three minutes set the tone

O'Shea (sub Rafael 70) Sound cameo 5

United 5 Spurs 2: Player ratings - Manchester United - Football - Sport - Manchester Evening News

That is some harsh ratings!!

Did you forget we came back from 2 - 0 down to win by 3 goals or sumtin!?!???

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is some harsh ratings!!

Did you forget we came back from 2 - 0 down to win by 3 goals or sumtin!?!???
There's a link at the bottom of the post. The ratings are from the Manchester Evening News website. You're welcome to email them and complain about the ratings, but don't ask me about them cos I didn't write them :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
ROONEY ROONEY ROONEY HE GOES BY THE NAME OF WAYNE ROONEY... should of got atleast a 9

top game from him and will tear into the arsenal's defence.. what a match

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
Goal.com Ratings

Van der Sar: 6.5 - Had little chance with either goal but dealt with everything else that came his way.

Rafael Da Silva: 6.0 - Went AWOL for Tottenham’s second goal and found Modric a tough opponent. However, going forwards he did OK and had a decent effort on goal in the first half.

Ferdinand: 6.0 – Darren Bent caused him a few problems and he ought to have cleared the cross which led to the first goal.

Vidic: 6.0 – Like Ferdinand a nervy first half but improved after the break.

Evra: 5.0 - Appeared terrified of Lennon and gave him far too much space all afternoon, but particularly for the second goal.

Ronaldo: 8.5 - A super effort forced Gomes into an excellent save in the first-half. After the break he scored the penalty to give United hope before adding the third with a diving header.

Carrick: 7.0 - Good run to win the penalty, although a fortunate decision, and looked strong in the second half.

Fletcher: 6.5 - Looked to get forwards at all times and industrious as ever but sacrificed for Paul Scholes as United went in search of the equaliser.

Nani: 6.0 – Another ineffective performance and little surprise to see him replaced at the break for Carlos Tevez.

Berbatov: 7.5 - Linked really well with Tevez and Rooney and bundled home the fifth to silence the boo boys.

Rooney: 9.0 – A brilliant display by the striker who netted twice and had a hand in the other three. A great ball sent Carrick racing through for the penalty and two super crosses set up Ronaldo and Berbatov.

Substitutes

Tevez: 7.5 - Made a huge impact, helped United up the tempo and his substitution proved key.

Scholes: 7.5 - Another important substitution as the veteran arrived and promptly took charge of the midfield.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Van Der Sar - 7. Helpless for both goals, made a good save from Keane

Rafael-6.5. Decent going foward, poor defensively
Rio- 6.5- No real impact
Vidic-6. Poor game imo.
Evra-4. Probably one of his worst performances ever in a United shirt, Lennon always seems to give him the run around.

Ronaldo- 8.5- Dragged us back into the game with a calmly slotted penalty and a great header
Carrick- 7.5- Lively and won us a penalty.
Fletcher- 6.5- Not really involved as much as I would have liked, fairly anonymous tbh.
Nani- 5. No comment.

Berbatov-7. Decent game and a goal.
Rooney- 9.5. One of the best individual performances I have ever seen.

Scholes-6
Tevez-7
JOS- 6

·
Registered
57 Posts
def not a 3 for nani. I think Goal.com got it right. He's not playing well at all and probably needs to go (ok give him one more season). Rooney man of the match most definitely. Good to see that Berbatov had a great game

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been in the pub with my mates watching the match, was extactic at half time. But ur 2nd half performance was unbelievable. much respects from toxeth! i have to come on here and comment on ur gaffer. he earned my respect tonight, after the game his comments reminded me of the great man himself. Thats the feelingd from alot of us over on lfc.tv. may the best team win god bless/

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
VDS - Played well. Didn't have much to do, despite conceding 2 goals. 7

Rafael - Was at fault for Spurs' 2nd goal. Apart from that he was good. His crossing is sweeeeet. 7

Rio - Composure personified. However he was a bit shaky in the first half, and let Keane go by him in the 2nd. 6

Vidic - Decent game. Did well but this wasn't really his type of game. He's at his best when challenging in the air. 6

Evra - Yet again he can't get close to Lennon. 2nd Half he was much better. 6

Ronaldo - Very good. Always a threat. More like the Ronaldo of 06/07. 8

Carrick - Not his best game. Miss placed a lot of passes and resorted to 'hoofing' the ball a lot. 7

Fletcher - Worked hard, however it didn't really work for him today. 6

Nani - Created one chance but messed up countless others. 5

Rooney - Excellent. When on form, he's the best player in the league. No doubt. 9

Berbatov - Very good after a lot of critisism lately. (Some of it deserved, some harsh). Passed the ball brilliant. Thats the Berbatov we want. 8

SUBS:

Tevez - Excellent. Injected energy into the team and changed the game around. 7.5

Scholes - Tackling was 1/10, the rest of his game 7/10. 7.

O'Shea - Typical O'Shea. Solid, reliable, but lacking in genuine quality. Helped the defence though. 7

1 - 17 of 17 Posts