Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
United 2 City 0: Player ratings - Manchester United - Football - Sport - Manchester Evening News

Van der Sar: The inflatable goalkeeper in the half time entertainment slot had more to do than the Dutchman 6

Rafael: Didn’t quite have Robinho in his pocket like at Eastlands but nonetheless he did a sterling job 7

Evans: No problems keeping City attack quiet for the Irishman 7

Vidic: The Serbian got his head and boot on anything that came anywhere near being a threat 8

Evra: The Frenchman was effectively in control of any danger City were able to produce down left 7

Ronaldo: Glroious free-kick strike but he didn’t have same success rate with his flicks 6

Fletcher: No Rome final ban hangover from the Scotsman. He put in a dominant shift 8

Giggs: The veteran was a calm influence on a midfield battle well won by the Reds 7

Park: The Korean harassed and pressed City and never gave them a minute’s peace 7

Tevez: Brilliant goal, telling goal gesture and an all round crowd pleaser again 8

Berbatov: The Bulgarian’s control was class and gave the Reds a sense of derby day calm 7

Subs:

Rooney (sub Park 59) Buzzed about 6

Scholes (sub Ronaldo 59) Took up midfield dominance 6

O’Shea (sub Evans 69) Comfortable run out 6

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I agree with both, neither Giggs or Rafael impressed me all that much today.

It wasn't a great Derby game at all, no real bite to the play and it was realtively comfortable for us throughout the game.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
VDS - 7 - quiet but great save from Petrov.

Evra - 7 - Looked great going forward.
Evans - 7 - Solid. Fergie said he was playing while injured AND ill.
Vidic - 8 - Tackle of the season on Ireland. Solid as usual.
Rafael - 6 - Some good moments but too eager to dive in early. Made some mistakes.

Ronaldo - 6 - Apart from the goal he was poor, giving the ball away. Still scored though.:D
Fletcher - 8 - Savage in the middle again. used the ball well and made lots of tackles.
Giggs - 6 - Not one of his better games but it didn't matter today.
Park - 7 - Great start. Hussled and harried. Good stuff from Park.

Berbatov - 8 - Some masterful touches. Used the ball well and showed good strength. MOTM.
Tevez - 8 - Amazing goal and was unlucky when he hit the post. He had a point to prove today.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
VDS - 7. Did one wonder save.

Rafael - 7 was skinned a few times but won the battle with Robinho. I loved his run towards the end.

Vidic - 8 Monster.

Evra - 7 Did very well, though he gave the ball away a few times.

Park - 7 Worked really hard as per, showed quality aswell which is something he doesn't always do.

Fletcher 9 - Brilliant. Box to box.

Giggs - 6 Quite poor IMO. Gave away a lot of balls and his crossing wasn't at its best.

Ronaldo - 7 Aside from the goal he was quite poor IMO. Gave the ball away a lot due to needless flicks.

Berbatov - 9 Best performance of the season for me. A couple of outrages skills, held the ball up brilliantly and linked up with Tevez well.

Tevez - 8 Very good performance. Took player on with ease, scored a great goal and could have scored an even better one just before it.

--------

O'Shea - Never troubled.
Rooney - did ok. A couple of great passes.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
VDS - 7. Did one wonder save.

Rafael - 7 was skinned a few times but won the battle with Robinho. I loved his run towards the end.

Vidic - 8 Monster.

Evra - 7 Did very well, though he gave the ball away a few times.

Park - 7 Worked really hard as per, showed quality aswell which is something he doesn't always do.

Fletcher 9 - Brilliant. Box to box.

Giggs - 6 Quite poor IMO. Gave away a lot of balls and his crossing wasn't at its best.

Ronaldo - 7 Aside from the goal he was quite poor IMO. Gave the ball away a lot due to needless flicks.

Berbatov - 9 Best performance of the season for me. A couple of outrages skills, held the ball up brilliantly and linked up with Tevez well.

Tevez - 8 Very good performance. Took player on with ease, scored a great goal and could have scored an even better one just before it.

--------

O'Shea - Never troubled.
Rooney - did ok. A couple of great passes.

I agree with these ratings except I would give Rafael an 8.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Van der Sar: 6

Rafael: 5 - He's got good ball control and some of the balls he launched towards the forwards were great, but he still doesn't know when and how tight to close down an opposing player. On another day his lack of experience would have been punished.

Evans: 7 - another solid performance from a lad who is better than most prem defenders.

Vidic: 8.5 - a human wall. made countless blocks and clearances. MOTM

Evra: 7 solid

Ronaldo: 7 His early goal paved the way for a professional victory. Looked a bit tired though.

Fletcher: 7 good performance and I have to admit it - great pass to release Berba for the second goal.

Giggs: 5 one of his poorer performances. lots of incomplete passes and poor decisions.

Park: 7 solid

Tevez: 8 should have had a hat-trick. Reminded us all how good he CAN be.

Berbatov 8: good performance, which he wasn't able to cap off with a goal. But some of his touches, ball control andpassing were simply sublime.

·
Registered
74 Posts
VDS- 7: Had nothing to do apart from a brilliant save off Petrov.

Erva 7: Good going forward. Gave the ball away a few times.

Vidic 8.5: Brilliant performance , as expected didn't let anything pass beyond him.

Evan 7.5: Did well , no flaws. Tidy performance.

Rafael 6.5: Quite a few mistakes , went in too early but was overall quite good.

Fletcher 8: Monster in the middle , tidying things up. Used the ball well.

Giggs 6.5: Was patchy , gave the ball away sometimes. Love it when he out ran Richards.

Park 7: Energetic as usual , linked up well with Rafael and Tevez on the right.

Ronaldo 6.5: Started off quite well , scored a good freekick & got us that all important break through. but was not at his usual best for me after that.

Tevez 8: His best league performance of the season , scored a cracker. was a constant threat for citeh.

Berbatov 8 Very good performance. Linked up well with Tevez and Ronaldo , his ball control is phenomenal. He told Citeh to f*ck off :rofl:

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
Van der Sar- 7- Made one very good save, but otherwise untroubled.

Rafael- 6- thought he was good going forward, made some very nice runs, and contained robinho although was a bit positionally naive at times.

Vidic-9- sublime, as we've come to expect. nothing was going past him today, a couple of wonderful tackles.

evans- 7- solid, comfortable, and an able deputy to rio. hopefully isn't injured.

evra- 7- looks to be finding some form again. wasn't anything special, but did his job as expected

ronaldo- 7- good goal, and not much else. can't complain though can we!

fletcher- 8- thought he was very good today, really got the sending off at the emirates out of his system and displayed a great performance. passing was good and broke up whatever city tried to start.

giggs-6- not one of his better days, but wasn't particularly bad. couple of stray balls.

park-6.5- good running?? not much else to say. didn't stand out much for me, neither in a good way nor a bad one

tevez- 8 - thought he was really good today, obviously out to try and prove a point. full of running as usual, scored a cracker and could have had another, a constant pain.

berbatov -8- very impressive, some amazing touches, including the control for tevez' goal. dropped off and held the ball up well, some crazy footwork!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.