Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cant say I like Madrid but I have always respected their captain Raul.
He is like what Giggs is to us, and Del Piero is to Juventus. Club Legend.

Tonight he has equalled the great Alfredo di Stefano as Madrid's most prolific goalscorer of all time.
Raul has now scored 307 goals. Bobby Chalrton once described DiStefano as the
greatest player he had ever seen play when Madrid came to Manchester in 57 I think.

Just thought Raul's achievement needed to be acknowledged.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Cant say I like Madrid but I have always respected their captain Raul.
He is like what Giggs is to us, and Del Piero is to Juventus. Club Legend.
yeah he is like Giggs for us and Piero for juvents but the main difference that the two names you mentioned are great players while raul is absolutely shit :eek:

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
I like Raul but like Gerrard he has far to much of a influnce at his club . What a record though he is so consistant and he will be always score goals .

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
abojodeh said:
yeah he is like Giggs for us and Piero for juvents but the main difference that the two names you mentioned are great players while raul is absolutely shit :eek:
doesnt matter how sh1t you may think Raul is. 307 goals clearly says otherwise.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
doesnt matter how sh1t you may think Raul is. 307 goals clearly says otherwise.
yeah 307 goals i a remark

and raul reaching it gives a hope to all non-league players taht one day they can make it in a higher league (i think everytime raul scores he gives a hope as if raul can score anything can happen) :p

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
abojodeh said:

Thats one of the wildest statements Ive ever read on this forum !!!

Raul has been brilliant all through his career !!.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I might not like Real Madrid at the moment for the whole Ronaldo saga, but I've always respected Rau. Congratulations to him. Another Legend of Real Madrid and Spanish Football. Its just too bad he didn't play in the Euro's so he could add an International winner's medal to his haul./

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
he's back to his great form that made him what he is. Congrats for Raul but i still dislike Real and i'll always do, but we have to respect Raul cause' he's one of the living legends of world football.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Wazza1989 said:
he's back to his great form that made him what he is. Congrats for Raul but i still dislike Real and i'll always do, but we have to respect Raul cause' he's one of the living legends of world football.
Totally off-topic but..those Utd Shirts in your sig...are they yours or pictures you found online?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
NateR said:
Totally off-topic but..those Utd Shirts in your sig...are they yours or pictures you found online?
what did i say that was so off topic? and yes i found those shirts on another forum.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Wazza1989 said:
what did i say that was so off topic? and yes i found those shirts on another forum.
I was refering to my own post being off topic. I guess missing a word off before saying it..can change its meaning. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
NateR said:
I was refering to my own post being off topic. I guess missing a word off before saying it..can change its meaning. Sorry.
sorry nater...:eek: ...i missunderstood....thought after...and i understood...my bad

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, whatever you think of a player or a club becoming top scorer in the history of a club, especially with 307 goals, is a great acheivement.

Congratulations to Raul.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
in his youth he was awesome and while he may not have the pace now and has played with players better than him often he always has been the king of madrid still.

Still scoring goals too.

seems a classy sorta guy lol

pz

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He has now officially beaten the record. He scored twice at the weekend,
which means he has 309 goals for Madrid. He had been joint on 307......
Just thought Id let ya know. Damn thats some ridiculous amount of goals :eek:
were they all scruffy tap ins as well? :D

1 - 20 of 52 Posts