Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Young Red Ravel a net hit - Manchester United - Football - Sport - Manchester Evening News

FOOTBALLING wunderkind Ravel Morrison has only just turned 16 – but the Manchester United youth player has been hailed as the stuff of legend.

The fast-footed Urmston teenager is already proving an internet sensation, scoring thousands of fans logging on to see him at work – and some even think he’ll be the next Ronaldo.

St Antony’s Catholic College student Ravel was just nine when bosses at Old Trafford noted his talents.

And despite his tender age, he is already proving a rising star on the pitch with an impressive track record which has seen him speed past the likes of Liverpool and Everton to triumph for the under-18 team in recent months.

Already playing for the England under-16s, his ambition is to follow in the footsteps of the likes of Rooney and Ferdinand by becoming both Manchester United and England’s star player. But he is surprised about the praise heaped on him by United fans.

“I don’t know what the fuss is about,” said. “I find it funny.”

While Ravel plays his talents down, his efforts have not gone unnoticed among fans, 10,000 of whom have so far logged on to see what they think is Fergie’s best kept secret on video website YouTube.

After watching the clip of him in action against Chelsea, some of the fans go on to sing the midfielder’s praises, one stating he has the “skill of Ronaldo, the speed of Theo Walcott and the finishing of Ruud van Nistelrooy.”

Another YouTube user clearly thinks “he’s going to be a legend.”

While Ravel was left baffled by the comparisons to some of the club’s legendary players, he would like to follow in the footsteps of one particular star.

“I admire Rio Ferdinand,” he said. “He’s a really good player.”

She may not see much of her son at the moment, given that he splits seven days of the week between the pitch and the classroom, but mum Sharon Ryan is full of praise for Ravel.

The 39-year-old, who has two younger sons, seven-year-old Rio and five-year-old Zeon, said: “I am extremely proud of him.

“I watch him all the time on TV, though he’s never here because he goes away a lot, especially with England.

“I know he’s really good, otherwise they wouldn’t have signed him up for another three years.”

Teaching assistant Bernie White is Ravel’s mentor at St Antony’s, in charge of working with the club to make sure the teenager has time for his studies.

She said: “His talent is amazing. I go along to see him along with the other teachers and we can’t believe it.

“He is really modest about his abilities though and never shows off.

“We have a great relationship with Man United and our job is to work together to make sure he’s supported in the last academic year.”

-----------------

Lets try and keep this on topic this time.....

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Agreed!

BTW my bad for taking the last one off topic with the JOS joke.

If anyone here watches the reserves and academy regularly it would be great if they could give scout reports on here for players like Ravel.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
One for the future. Watch out for this kid.

Better than Welbeck was at his age.
good stuff man!!!

Ravel the offer of an Irish Passport is still on the table, I assume with the Irish surname and the Catholic school that you are as Irish as stout! you'll certainly be Irish enough by our standards! you need to call Giovanni Trapatonni... you can get his number from Stephen Ireland, I believe it is his speed-dial #1 however he has had no phone credit for a number of months ... obviously!

You could be Clinton Morrisson times 10!!!

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
good stuff man!!!

Ravel the offer of an Irish Passport is still on the table, I assume with the Irish surname and the Catholic school that you are as Irish as stout! you'll certainly be Irish enough by our standards! you need to call Giovanni Trapatonni... you can get his number from Stephen Ireland, I believe it is his speed-dial #1 however he has had no phone credit for a number of months ... obviously!

You could be Clinton Morrisson times 10!!!
And the award for the strangest compliment goes to.....

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
Just a note, on this kids facebook hes in a group called

"IF YOU HATE MAN UTD JOIN IMMEDIATELY"

And a lot of his mates seem to be of the blue persuasion...

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Just a note, on this kids facebook hes in a group called

"IF YOU HATE MAN UTD JOIN IMMEDIATELY"

And a lot of his mates seem to be of the blue persuasion...
Yeah, you tried searching for other Ravel Morrisons on facebook? See how many you can find.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Someone might of gone on his profile and done it for a laugh. I know its something my mates would do to me if I was playing for a big club. You never know.

My mate tried to add Ravel and I don't think he accepted.

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
Also, the kid looks like hes in with the wrong crowd, you'd think if he were to step-up to being a footballer as a profession that would need stamping out pronto...

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What? For joining some shit group on Facebook? I thought it was something bad. ******* hell.

·
23,699 Posts
St Antony’s Catholic College student Ravel was just nine when bosses at Old Trafford noted his talents.
Encouraged that he comes good since spotted when he was just nine, anybody heard anything about the Aussie wonderkid? What's his name again?

·
Registered
603 Posts
I think the worry has to be his attitude, if you are being told that you have the ability to be a real top player yet can't knuckle down then things must be done. It would be a real shame to waste a player with huge potential like Morrison because of his attitude and only playing well when he fancies it. Yes ok he is young and so you hope will grow up with time but he needs to be set straight and told to make the most of his talents. Lets hope he gets more chances in the Carling Cup because I would love to see more of him and if he has the potential then lets start seeing him sooner rather than later.

·
Hi
7,245 Posts
He needs to take a leaf out of Giggs. Ronaldo, messi etc. You listen to interviews and they always bang on about working hard and always trying to improve.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts