Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
United are Real are in a race together one more time after the young 22year old River plate. River turned down an offer from Milan a while ago for around 12million pounds, and have also been chased by Villa and Fluminense.

Anyone know who he is?

link: http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/internationell/article2811591.ab

is on swedish tho, but if you search it i bet you can find it somewhere else.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Madrid, Man United Chase Falcao
According to reports from the Spanish press River Plate's highly-rated Colombian international Radamel Falcao Garcia is being chased by both Real Madrid and Manchester United...

* »Comments (64)
* Print This Story
* Send To A Friend
* Contact Us

Madrid, Man United Chase Falcao
galleria zoom

Radamel Falcao Garcia is without doubt one of the most talented players to have emerged from South American football in recent years, and it is just a matter of time before the prolific striker joins one of Europe's big guns.

The Colombian international has attracted interest from Real Madrid and Manchester United in recent days, something that his agent Nestor Sivori has confirmed: "He is being followed by both clubs."

Reports from Argentina also indicate that a move to one of these clubs could be on the cards, and the player himself admitted that he may have already played his final match for River Plate.

However, Sivori affirmed that "nothing is concrete" but "when the right moment comes we will analyze all our possibilities."

A few months back Falcao's club, River Plate, rejected an offer of €15 million for the player from AC Milan, as well as big money moves to Aston Villa and Fluminense of Brazil.

The striker, who was born on the 10th of February 1986 in Santa Marta, was one of River's key players in their Clausura Championship title triumph last season, scoring 6 goals in 16 matches.

"I'm happy for this interest, because it will surely allow River to continue growing," said Falcao. "I haven't received any offers and for now I will stay at River Plate."

Falcao has made 58 appearances for River Plate and has scored 21 goals. At an international level he has played 15 encounters with 9 goals to his name.

·
Registered
550 Posts
He isn't that young. 22 years old and he's a striker. He only made the Colombian national team last year. If he was a sensational winger maybe United could try get him but I'd much rather have Berbatov or Benzema.

·
23,699 Posts
10 Things you need to know about Man United target Falcao

mirror

Chances are you won't have heard much about Manchester United target Falcao, but he's certainly big news in his native South America. Here's your essential need to know…

1) Radamel Falcao García Zárate was born 10 February 1986 in Santa Marta, Magdalena, Columbia.

2) He plays for legendary Argentinian club side River Plate as a centre forward and helped them to the Argentinian League title in 2008.

3) He has earned himself the nickname El Tigre, but is usually know by his middle name, Falcao.

4) He started football at Fair Play, a footballing school in Columbia. He then joined the youth team at Club Deportivo Los Millonarios. He was discovered by River Plate at 15, when playing for the Colombian Under-17 side.

5) Before signing a professional contract with River Plate, Falcao had embarked on a journalism degree at Buenos Aires university. Could come in handy should he have to face the British press.

6) Falcao is nothing if not prolific. He scored two goals on his debut for River Plate's first team, racked up seven in his first seven starts, and to date has scored an awesome 38 goals in just 58 appearances.

7) He missed most of the 2005 season due to a serious knee injury and struggled to regain fitness in 2006 and 2007. Last year, he hit form with a vengeance, becoming River Plate's top scorer with 19 goals from 35 starts in all competitions. And here he is scoring one, and then celebrating with what looks suspiciously like a piece of bread in his mouth (see link below).

8) He is named after ex-Brazilian and Roma midfielder, Falcão, widely regarded as one of the best players in Roma's history.

9) His father Radamel García played for Columbia, a feat which Falcao has since repeated, with seven starts and two goals.

10) He is a religious man, and leads the church groups 'Locos Por Jesus' and 'Atletas de Cristo'. Christ knows what he'll make of England, then…

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/07/02/10-things-you-need-to-know-about-man-united-target-falcao-89520-20628017/

·
Banned
292 Posts
I would love it if we signed this guy, he is a tremendous player. Of course it is not certain that he will be a success, we signed Diego Forlan from the argentinian league which did not work out. But I think Falcao has more to his game than Forlan. I would not take the link to Real Madrid too seriously, they are linked with literally every single decent player. They were linked with Elmander a few months ago who ended up at Bolton.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
in South America he is one of their biggest stars, along with Rodrigo Palacio of Boca juniors. Carlos Tevez was able to step up to the plate brilliantly and you would think he wouldnt mind sitting on the bench from time to time either as Manchester United is a huge step up, his goal record is exaclty what we need and there might just be some truth in this you know ... he'd come atleast 15m cheaper than Berbatov and Benzema so this could be a good deal, who knows

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
he is very good but there is a problems about him
it may be hard for him to settle in the EPL as its his first season
*south american players need long time to settle in their first european season*

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Majority won't know him but, I do, my friend bought him for 81 million on FM :p once and his name has appeared alot on certain BBC column's like the Tim Vickery one.

Seems like a decent prospect but bit risky for 15 mil !?

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
i like the look of this guy, he would fit into our system easily. 15m might seem expensive but in the modern game that is the going for a talented young forward,i mean if a team like bolton pay 12m for johann elmander why not pay 15m for a hot prospect like falcao and im sure if fergie is really interested he will have done his homework on the player. for me he is a player i would like to see at O.T

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Be interesting to see if this transfer link progresses deeper.If Real and United are after him,he must be something special.But the english league is far superior to the clausura,but if he is anything like tevez with a bit more kick,he could well be worth the cash.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
probably just speculation to be honest, i cant see anyone realisticly comming at the moment, Benzema would be the only forward i could see joining but scenes as he doesnt want to, and would cost in the excess of £40m it's safe to say he wont be leaving Lyon for some time. I cant see Sir Alex parting with £30m for Berbatov, you never know though about Falcao, Fergie does like the rather un-known strikers, he would have signed Tevez in 2005 but for the obstacle of him being part owned and he left it to West Ham to test the premier leagues resolve, if we sign somebody i cant see it being a world superstar comming in, they will be young and hungry with a lot to prove :)

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Ive seen this Guy Falaco on Youtube Videos and he looks pretty good, but he's prob playin against **** defences every week, I think he would be a bit like Diego Forlan playin 4 United, He's prob best suited to the Spanish League..!
Still if Real r goin 4 him, it wud be nice 2 get one over on them ****ers..!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts