Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No sooner has Juande Ramos been installed as new Real Madrid manager than he has begun looking for new faces from some of Europe's top clubs - and Tottenham too.

The Daily Star reports that - with Robinho sold to Manchester City and Arjen Robben plagued by injury - Ramos is planning to poach wing duo Aaron Lennon and David Bentley and bring them to the Bernabeu.

The offer could be tempting for the pair. After all, they had such fun working under the Spaniard, with Bentley remarking on Spurs' early season form: "It has been shocking. It has been a bit s**t. We have not been together, we have not known where we are running or what we are doing."

Bayern Munich's Bastien Schweinsteiger and Napoli's Marek Hamsik are also linked with moves to Real, but bear in mind this all comes from a paper that today features the headline: "Muslim nut: Xmas is evil. So why does he have a beard like Santa?". Oh dear.

Something that might worry Spurs fans a little more is the news that Hull City are preparing a fresh bid for young striker Fraizer Campbell .

On loan at the KC Stadium last year, Campbell's 15 goals helped the Tigers gain promotion to the top flight for the first time in their history, but the club's £7 million bid to make the move permanent was turned down by Manchester United.

Now, with the 21-year-old doing well at Spurs, Hull are preparing an increased offer of at least £8 million in a bid to snatch him away from Spurs in January.

That same amount of money is what the Daily Mail believe Chelsea will bid for Middlesbrough forward Tuncay when the transfer window opens next month. The Turkish forward is precocious, prone to bouts of sulking but is exceptionally talented - the ideal replacement for Didier Drogba.

Liverpool's owners have finally seen enough to convince them that manager Rafael Benitez deserves a new contract, after infamously holding meetings with Juergen Klinsmann last year.

Most of the dailies are reporting that a new deal has been agreed to keep the Spanish boss at Anfield until 2013, with an increase on his current £3.5 million salary. All it took was for him to have them top of the league in December.

Wigan boss Steve Bruce - a man second only to God in the eyes of striker Amr Zaki - is considering bringing in Newcastle midfielder Nicky Butt, in the eyes of Pele a player second to no one at the 2002 World Cup.

Bruce had Butt on loan for a season during his time as Birmingham manager, but that hasn't put him off trying to bring Butt back to the North West in January.

Meanwhile at Wigan, Kevin 'Zinedine' Kilbane is worried about his future at the JJB. His current deal runs out at the end of the season, and as yet there has been no offer of a new one forthcoming.

Kilbane said: "I don't know what my long-term plans are and there has been no contract offer or anything. I'm happy here and I'd like to stay."

Inter striker Davis Suazo is on the radar of English trio Newcastle, Everton and Aston Villa, but they face plenty of competition for the Honduras international, currently on loan at Benfica.

Suazo's agent - who, predictably these days, is his father - said: "David is only interested in Benfica at the moment. It would be difficult for him to return to Inter after being treated so well in Portugal.

"However, it will be a difficult fight for Benfica against the English and Italian teams, but David is a professional and it will be his decision."

The Mirror claims that West Ham are willing to let striker Craig Bellamy go in January in order to fund new additions to the squad as they brace themselves for a potential relegation fight.

Bellamy has scored just three goals in 16 league starts in his injury-plagued time at the club, and the Hammers hierarchy hope that the £6 million sale of the Welshman will stop them from losing star defender Matthew Upson and goalkeeper Robert Green.

Which is exactly what the Daily Mail reckons will happen. The mouthpiece for all decent god-fearing folk of middle England has marked out Tottenham as the team to swipe both men in a £16 million double swoop.

Elsewhere, Fulham look likely to finally get their hands on Crystal Palace midfielder Ben Watson, with £500,000 enough to beat QPR to their long-term target, although the £6 million Cardiff City want for Joe Ledley is too steep for the Cottagers, and Bolton are hoping to pinch Wolves winger Michael Kightly.

fROM yahoo eurosport

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I would laugh so much bentley is good at crossing but slow. Lennon is quick at running and his crosses leave alot to be desired!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I really don't believe there's any truth in this story.

Ramos hardly used Bentley and Lennon while he was at Spurs and I think the papers are just putting 2 + 2 together and coming up with 5. Just because he used to manage Spurs does not mean he'll try to raid them for players!

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
article is nonsense imo
I dont think real are desperate enough to buy both bentley and lennon
anyway they have a lot of midfielders who should become fit by january

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Lennon never started under Ramos so why would he buy him !

bet he dont but gareth bayle !!!

the biggest bad luck charm in europe

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I don't believe it to be honest. English players really don't go abroad anymore. Lampard was rumored to, but he had a "special" ;) relationship with Mourinho, I highly doubt anyone got on with Ramos, since he couldn't even be arsed to learn English.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts