Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
spellbound said:
None of them! I have no team I follow there but one of the clubs that even interest me a little is Athletic de Bilbao. I have a love/hate relation to Bilbao. The fans decided to not sign other then Basque players. Political a hate thing but when it comes to whats going on at the green field its interesting. Still in La Liga with 'local boys' and 'local boys' only.
Do you think it would be the same teams playing May 21st with the same policy in English teams?:p
I have to admit the basque issue at bilbao is intresting ive often wondered if any club in england did this would they be seen as being racist

G

·
red devil jeff said:
Real all the way. Just look at the number of Champions League crowns they have, amazing! Correct me if i'm wrong aren't they the only club with the UEFA's 'Badge of Honour' for their achievements in Europe? They've won the champions league four concecutive years 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960 unREAL!
AC Milan, Ajax, Bayern Munich and of course Liverpool have the 'Badge of Honour' aswell.

Real are my Spanish team, always have been. Play in all white like my home county of Kildare.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Well it seems as though Madrid won 'El Classico' :rolleyes:

Real Madrid 4-1 Barcelona
More like Barcelona gave up on El Classico.:p They just got steamrolled not just because they were awful but because Madrid were dominant. Truthfully you couldn't see that happening with an EPL top four clash, could you? Before you mention the FA Cup drubbing of Arsenal by us, that was a cup match where everybody plays differently and Arsenal's two full backs were injured. I'm talking a bout a bona fide EPL top four clash that had meaning.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I think any football fan who reads the histories of the clubs will tend to support Barcelona.

While Real Madrid are the club supported by fascists leaders, Barcelona are the paople's club.

There are several hundred thousand fans who own equal "shares" of the club and they get to vote the president. Important club matters are voted upon AND they do not have a shirt sponsor and display the UNICEF logo for free.

They also one of the best youth systems in the world producing some extraordinary talent. If I'm not mistaken, even Raul, Madrid hero, is product of the Catalan club's academy. Something to admire, is how much opportunity Barcelona give to their youngsters. Messi, Bojan and Dos Santos being good examples.

By the way, if you haven't noticed, the red cross against white background, which symbolises England is incorporated in both the AC Milan AND Barcelona crest, because the clubs were co-founded by Englishmen!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fc_barcelona

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
fazman said:
I have to admit the basque issue at bilbao is intresting ive often wondered if any club in england did this would they be seen as being racist
Do you think so?
I think most people would love to see it in one way, but still they want a Ronaldo and a Vidic and all the other stars from abroad.:)

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Oh dear. They really got a hammering by Real Madrid. I suppose they could count themselves lucky, they were not playing at the Nou Camp, otherwise their fans would really let them have it.

What a disgraceful performance. In the 15 mins that i watched, only Messi(surprise,surprise) & someone else i forget who, performed well.

What a shame. They've really hit rock-bottom, since their success in 2006.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
jamsieboy86 said:
AC Milan, Ajax, Bayern Munich and of course Liverpool have the 'Badge of Honour' aswell.

Real are my Spanish team, always have been. Play in all white like my home county of Kildare.

Thanks for the correction;) . Won't be long before united gets one too.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
RedForceRising said:
AND they do not have a shirt sponsor and display the UNICEF logo for free.
Actually they pay out to have Unicef on their jerseys. Its the first 'sponsor'
they have ever had. That act alone tells you all you need to know about the
great club.

Nice post by the way.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
lol...barca got thrashed.....they have been awful this compared to their usual standards............hope they get their ct together and atleats gve real a challenge in the la liga next season!!!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
A couple of dodgy refereeing decisions settled the game for me. Raul's goal should not have stood and I thought the Madrid player dived to win the free-kick that lead to the 2nd goal. It was all over at 2-0 tbf.

Real Madrid were the better side but I thought 4-1 was a bit flattering. They are talking about Barca having a clear out of up to 10 players during the summer. Not sure if anything that dramatic will happen but it'll be interesting to see who goes and comes in.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
barca i prefer for the style of football and even thought he aint manager no more, rijkaard is a truely classy manager unlike the likes of jose moourinho.

Real on there day play amazing football and have some amazing players but i just prefer barcelona!

Watching the "galacticos" was something else though when they were all ticking together before they were past it.

great clubs with huge history

21 - 36 of 36 Posts