Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8781376/Real-Madrid-signs-Alipio,-

MADRID, Spain (AP) - Unable to lure Cristiano Ronaldo away from Manchester United, Real Madrid has reportedly signed Brazilian prodigy Alipio Duarte Brandao - the Portuguese forward's heir apparent.

Madrid confirmed to the Associated Press on Tuesday that the teenage striker will begin training with the club's youth team later this week.

News reports said that Madrid had beaten Chelsea to the €1.5 million ($1.9 million) signature of the 16-year-old Alipio, who will join the Spanish Champion on a four-year deal from Portuguese club Rio Ave. Madrid would not confirm any of the contract details.

"I'm living an enormous dream but I'm keeping my feet on the ground," Alipio was quoted as saying in Spanish daily Marca on Tuesday. "I'm fast, skillful and a scorer."

Rio Ave youth team coach Pedro Cunha said that Alipio reminded him more of Brazil striker Romario than Ronaldo.

"He has great potential. If they succeed in transforming his capabilities, he'll be a great player," Cunha said. "He's very fast in the area, crafty and he has an unusual talent. He's also dangerous in one-on-one situations."

Alipio and Ronaldo do share one definite feature - they have the same agent.

"I hope to reach his level. He's my idol," Alipio said of Ronaldo.

Portuguese champion FC Porto and Sporting Braga also reportedly looked at Alipio, who made one senior appearance at Rio Ave.

- Maybe now they'll leave us alone! :)

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
I hardly believe a 16 year old will be a substitute for Ronaldo. Guess thats another summer full of lies and frustration for us. Unless we tie Ronaldo to a new deal that is.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Goodness me. It appears as though every other week, you have rumours of some big club signing or being linked to the next big thing in Brazilian football. These tags of "New ronaldinho" et are thrown around way too much. I'll believe it when they actually live up to the hype.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts