Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Spanish champions Real Madrid are prepared to pay up to 70 million euros (102.59 million dollars) for Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo.This is the front-page claim made on Saturday by sports daily AS.

The Portuguese star is under contract at Old Trafford until 2012, but AS claims that Cristiano Ronaldo could buy up his contract for 70 million euros, a sum that Real president Ramon Calderon is prepared to pay to lure him to Madrid.
AS claims that Cristiano Ronaldo has insisted on this ‘buy-out clause’ in his contract because his is ‘so enthusiastic’ about playing for Real one day, and quotes the 23 year-old winger as saying that ‘I would love to play in Spain.’

The report claims that Calderon is keen to liven up Bernd Schuster’s hard-working team - which is seven points clear at the top of La Liga - with a ‘media star’, and is now resigned to the fact that AC Milan will not sell Kaka, the player he promised to the fans in the 2006 presidential elections at Real.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Where are they going to get the money? They are skint cash wise.

Actually IF figures like this are true, I can actually see United selling him.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
so is this around £50 million?

I personally wouldnt want to accept the bid but if United were to (if this is true ofcourse) id understand :(

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Fine,let them hve him if they want him. Provided that they want to trade Sergio Ramos,Wesley Sneijder,Robinho,Ruud van Nistelrooy,Iker Casillas......then no problem! They can hve him!

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
No way, i'd never sell him. He himself has stated many times he is happy at Manchester, and will stay as long as they want him. He wants to win more with us.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
no chance we are not a selling club we are better than real and we will prove it by winning the champions league , moscow here we come

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
i agree were not a selling club, but in some instances its good to sell on our players.

Look at Beckham for example, we got millions for him and because he went we were able to sign Ronaldo!

But still i want Ronaldo to be at this club for the rest of his career!

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's not like it's the first time the rumors of Ronaldo playing for Madrid have come up and it's not like he's made it a secret that there's a big part of him that wants to play in Spain. (especially after he took such a beating with the World Cup)
I personally hope it never happens. He's amazin to watch.

Justice said:
American Paper?
Why is it in Dollars?

So I wouldn't have to google dollar to lb conversion charts? :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Express says Ronaldo will take the £50 million. We don't get the express so I'll just hope they're often wrong? That's not the best way to start the year.

N

·
0 Posts
He would want to leave if united fails to win the Champions league in the next 2 years or so

the only reason that stopped him from getting the world best player award was becuz united didn't win the champions league but milan did.

For Ronaldo to get the world player of the year award, he needs the trophy to proof himself as the best player in the world

·
Registered
44 Posts
the deal will not materialise.... ruud van is at real.... when he was at united ronnie and ruud could not get along... leading to ruud's exit... no way that both of them will be reunited...

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo is confident he will be better in 2008 than he was last year.

Ronaldo was in sparkling form as United won the Premier League and reached the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League.

He is happy with the way he played but believes he could inspire United to even greater success over the coming months.

"For me, 2007 will always be an extraordinary year. I was champion of England, reached the semis of the European Cup and fought out the final of the FA Cup," Ronaldo told The Sun.
"I think I did a really good job of work. And I hope to do better in 2008.

"As usual the priority at United is the Premiership and the Champions League.

"Last year we had no luck against Milan in the semi-finals. I hope this year the wheel of fortune will turn in our favour. We have the means to do it."

Everything has changed

Ronaldo admits he was not always convincing when he first came to United in 2003, but he is now rated as one of the best players in the world and he puts his progress down to his surroundings.

"I am at the ideal club to grow and to reach the summit," he explained.

"When I came to England I was only 18. In four years, everything has changed.

"I am no longer the same player. Thanks to mixing with some of the best players in the world, I have made progress on every front.

"I feel great. I get the feeling I am improving with every game."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_3018711,00.html

I know he has a wish to play in Spain one day but I don't think that is any time soon.

Ronaldo is playing in the most popular and the best league in the world with the best players consistently.

He is playing against the like of Arsenal and Fabregas and Hleb, Chelsea and Essien and Cech and Drogba and Liverpool, Gerard and Torres......

And not to mention Scholes and Rooney and Anderson and co who he trains with everyday.

I think Ronaldo's place is firmly at OT for at least another 4 years or so, barring a fall out 8God Forbid* with Fergie, which I don't think will ever happen.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
nabcake said:
He would want to leave if united fails to win the Champions league in the next 2 years or so

the only reason that stopped him from getting the world best player award was becuz united didn't win the champions league but milan did.

For Ronaldo to get the world player of the year award, he needs the trophy to proof himself as the best player in the world
I actually agree to what you say,nabcake. Though I would hate to admit it,but I'm pretty sure that if Manchester United fail to win the Uefa Champions League,the elusive trophy that Ronnie has nvr won before, by the next 2-3 years,then he will leave. :( Wait,I'm not finished yet. He WILL leave,but not for Real Madrid. It will be for FC Barcelona. That's b'coz RVN's there.......(provided he nvr retires)So come on' United! Pull up ur socks & try our very best to win the Uefa Champions League for our boy,CR7! Everone of us knows that if one nvr win the Uefa Champions League,he will nvr win the Fifa World Player of the Year 'gong' either! I believe we can do it from him, GGMU!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts