Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rafael van der Vaart has admitted to being unhappy at out-of-sorts Spanish giants Real Madrid.

The Dutchman only joined the capital club over the summer, becoming Bernd Schuster's only pre-season acquisition in the process.

A positive start to life at the Santiago Bernabeu brought four goals in his first three games, with Real seemingly well on course to defend their Primera Liga crown.

However, a serious slump has seen them lose momentum in the title race and cost Schuster his job.

Van der Vaart now finds himself out of favour, resigned to filling back-up duties on the bench.

The 25-year-old is growing increasingly agitated at this lack of action, unable to comprehend why he is consistently overlooked by an under-performing side.

"I'm not very happy and I am in a difficult situation," he said.

"I played very well during my first month in the team and scored four goals. But all the blame shouldn't rest on the player, it's a combination of things.

"I do admit that my performance level has dropped."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_4660951,00.html

Should we make a move for him ?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Ha that happened on my FM season he became out of favour and pretty crap anf moved for a real cut price. I don't think we should move for him, he's a good player but really is no point.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
He plays how Scholes used to. Carrick and Van Der Vaart could be the next Keane and Scholes, though VDV is much silkier on the ball, and Carrick isn't nearly the physical force Keane was.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Nemanjaaa said:
Ha that happened on my FM season he became out of favour and pretty crap anf moved for a real cut price. I don't think we should move for him, he's a good player but really is no point.
agreed, good player but wouldnt be needed at united. just isnt worth the fees wages and effort. think if he were to come to england, arsenal could benefit from his services the most or the scouse. but united na we dont need him

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Yeah I agree I wouldn't be surprised if he joined Arsenal maybe. Chelsea don't need an more CM's although if Lampard left VDV would be a great replacement for them, although VDV isn't as flukey as Lamps and wouldn't score as many deflected goals :p

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
lol you couldnt replace fat frank for chelsea, even tho his scum and his fat his a great talent, way above vaart. but i think if arsenal could get rosicky fit and sign vaart that would improve them drastically. he can play all over the midfield. so rosicky vaart fabregas and walcott sounds sick. but its never gonna happen because arsene wont sign anyone over 15mil no more. god 12mil was to expensive for ronaldo so god knows whats to expensive for vaart in his eyes

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Clarky101 said:
lol you couldnt replace fat frank for chelsea, even tho his scum and his fat his a great talent, way above vaart. but i think if arsenal could get rosicky fit and sign vaart that would improve them drastically. he can play all over the midfield. so rosicky vaart fabregas and walcott sounds sick. but its never gonna happen because arsene wont sign anyone over 15mil no more. god 12mil was to expensive for ronaldo so god knows whats to expensive for vaart in his eyes
Van der Vaart is also old enough to buy alcohol, which really disinterests Wenger.

·
Registered
736 Posts
marty davidson said:
Rafael van der Vaart has admitted to being unhappy at out-of-sorts Spanish giants Real Madrid.

The Dutchman only joined the capital club over the summer, becoming Bernd Schuster's only pre-season acquisition in the process.

A positive start to life at the Santiago Bernabeu brought four goals in his first three games, with Real seemingly well on course to defend their Primera Liga crown.

However, a serious slump has seen them lose momentum in the title race and cost Schuster his job.

Van der Vaart now finds himself out of favour, resigned to filling back-up duties on the bench.

The 25-year-old is growing increasingly agitated at this lack of action, unable to comprehend why he is consistently overlooked by an under-performing side.

"I'm not very happy and I am in a difficult situation," he said.

"I played very well during my first month in the team and scored four goals. But all the blame shouldn't rest on the player, it's a combination of things.

"I do admit that my performance level has dropped."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_4660951,00.html

Should we make a move for him ?

I think Ronaldo will get something like this after a season with Real Madrid.......

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
If Ronny does move in the summer, i would hope we would at least get him as part of the deal, otherwise its a missed opportunity...

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
NoxiousD said:
If Ronny does move in the summer, i would hope we would at least get him as part of the deal, otherwise its a missed opportunity...

Small amount of money plus Sneijder and VDV

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
piazza said:
Van der Vaart is also old enough to buy alcohol, which really disinterests Wenger.
LOL a friend of mine said something similar.

One guy says "I wanna play for Arsenal" and my friend says
"Nah, you won't - you already have facial hair."

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
Good player, but its pretty pointless in him coming here, if he is a reserve at injury stricken madrid, theres no chance of him getting a game at our already overcrowded centre midfield.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
piazza said:
are you implying the prof likes young boys ?

in the right side van der vaart would be superb ----- he is however dutch and therefore capable of starting a fight in an empty room

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
haggler said:
are you implying the prof likes young boys ?

in the right side van der vaart would be superb ----- he is however dutch and therefore capable of starting a fight in an empty room
Yes. Yes I am.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts