Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 480-pound Martin County woman has died after emergency workers tried to remove her from the couch where she had remained for about six years.

Gayle Laverne Grinds, 40, died Wednesday, after a failed six-hour effort to dislodge her from the couch in her home. Workers say the home was filthy, and Grinds was too large to get up from the couch to even use the bathroom.

Everyone going inside the home had to wear protective gear. The stench was so powerful they had to blast in fresh air.

Emergency workers had to remove some sliding glass doors and lift the couch, with Grinds still on it, to a trailer behind a pickup truck.

Removing her from the couch would be too painful, since her body was grafted to the fabric. After years of staying put, her skin had literally become one with the sofa and had to be surgically removed.

She died at Martin Memorial Hospital South, still attached to the couch.

http://www.wftv.com/news/3643877/detail.html

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
It's true. To go even further (not reading the article because I've heard it before, kind of an old story), the news asked the husband why he let her do it and he said something to the jist of "That's what she wanted to do and I wanted her to be happy"

Only in America...

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
This reminds me of a film with Johnny Depp and Leanardo Di Caprio. There mother is morbidly obese (beached whale!!!). She can't leave the house!!!!

Also, in the programme Nip/Tuck, a woman's roof had to be taken off of her house so she could be lifted out by helicopter as she was so big....:eek:

From what zane said her husband said, it is probably the way she would have wanted to go!! :p.....:D

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
there is a film out called feed which covered this sort of thing . the fellas got of on making the women hugely fat by tube feeding fats etc . her husband spent a fortune on homepride over the years !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts