Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems United's turnover is set to reach record proportions.

Forecasters predict they will make profits of AT LEAST 60 Million on record
turnover revenues of 200 Million when they announce the year end results as at
June 30th.

David Gill predicted that this year United would achieve "dramatic growth" and it
seems he is not wrong either :eek: .

Most of this cash comes from 'match-day' revenues and commercial revenue.

They made an aim to reach profits of 109.9 Million by year 2011 which at the time
seemed a bit optimistic to me - but now ?

Well it seems within their grasp to do it.

The trip to Saudi (which I think is an unwelcome distraction myself) will promote
them more in the Arab States.

Regular trips to the Far East along with the added 'bonus :eek: ' of having Dong will
ensure huge growth in China, Korea etc etc.

I can see a massive drive to win revenues from the USA too in not too distant
future.

All this does mean they can finance the buying of players in the January transfer
window no problem at all - and next summer - they can go shopping again !

..........oh and at the same time we can laugh at The Scousers because Gillet and
Hicks have closed to till - no money for new players for them

·
Registered
78 Posts
All well and good but the Glazers have been struggling with the finances of this because of the problems in America have hit them hard and it will have a huge effect everywhere else over the next few months.
Since last year's debt refinancing (“a bit of housekeeping†according to a Glazer spokesman) United and the Glazers have been faced with a series of interest rate rises which have increased the annual debt service bill from a then-confirmed £62 million a year on the total acknowledged debt of £660m.
The interest bill is currently an annualised £100 million+, of which £77m is payable this year and the other £23m is payable in the future – a ticking debt time-bomb.
So this £60m is just about keeping us above water.

S

·
0 Posts
£60m Does not even pay this years interest on the debt, so al this talk of having millions to spend on new players is total rubbish.

And this bit says a lot more that some might realise....

Most of this cash comes from 'match-day' revenues and commercial revenue.

They made an aim to reach profits of 109.9 Million by year 2011 which at the time
seemed a bit optimistic to me - but now ?

Wonder how much season tickets are going up by for next season and by 2011 god knows what the price will be but i'll bet not one person on here will be able to afford one.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
60 Million PAC...

Profit After Costs...

So the debt is already taken into account when calculating these fugues and
accruals for next year should be matched no problem.

Decreasing interest rates in the US recently will actually make next years figures
better than those accrued for.

Be nice if Glazer gave Fergie the full 60 Million and said "Go forth Alex and fill your
boots" :)

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
This is a list of the richest football clubs in the world, as ranked by Forbes magazine on their worth in United States dollars($m).

1 Manchester United England 1,453
2 Real Madrid Spain 1,036
3 Arsenal England 915
4 Bayern Munich Germany 838
5 AC Milan Italy 824
6 Juventus Italy 567
7 Internazionale Italy 555
8 Chelsea England 537
9 FC Barcelona Spain 535
10 Schalke 04 Germany 471
11 Liverpool England 454
12 Olympique Lyonnais France 343
13 Newcastle United England 260
14 Tottenham Hotspur England 243
15 AS Roma Italy 224
16 Hamburger SV Germany 221
17 Manchester City England 208
18 Borussia Dortmund Germany 199
19 Ajax Amsterdam Netherlands 196
20 Celtic Scotland 185
21 Everton England 165
22 Olympique Marseille France 157
23 West Ham United England 156
24 Rangers Scotland 147
25 Aston Villa England 140

S

·
0 Posts
Cannot argue with you there mate. 100% correct...however if you take into account the amount of debt each club has ( cannot find a list like yours ), the real picture is totally different.

For example..( in UK £ )

Manchester United ....£750m (£650m - £850m depending where you look ).
Liverpool..................£370m
Arsenal......................£350m
Man City....................£71m

And i may be wrong but Chelsea seem to have zero debt because no money was loaned from banks against Chelsea Football Club itself.

My figures may not be 100% correct ( just from what i've found on a quick search), but you'll see what i mean.

If someone had the time and could find a list of the debts on all the clubs on the Forbes List of Richest Clubs, I'd be very interested to see it. :)

And sorry Carly ..60 Million PAC...

Profit After Costs...

is NOT after the interest payments have been paid. I think you will find that Interest repayments on debt payable to banks against bank loans are not counted as costs.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
Cannot argue with you there mate. 100% correct...however if you take into account the amount of debt each club has ( cannot find a list like yours ), the real picture is totally different.

For example..( in UK £ )

Manchester United ....£750m (£650m - £850m depending where you look ).
Liverpool..................£370m
Arsenal......................£350m
Man City....................£71m

And i may be wrong but Chelsea seem to have zero debt because no money was loaned from banks against Chelsea Football Club itself.

My figures may not be 100% correct ( just from what i've found on a quick search), but you'll see what i mean.

If someone had the time and could find a list of the debts on all the clubs on the Forbes List of Richest Clubs, I'd be very interested to see it. :)

And sorry Carly ..60 Million PAC...

Profit After Costs...

is NOT after the interest payments have been paid. I think you will find that Interest repayments on debt payable to banks against bank loans are not counted as costs.

Gotcha! Below is the list of the 25 clubs above on how much money they owe:

1 Manchester United England 84
2 Real Madrid Spain 10
3 Arsenal England 53
4 Bayern Munich Germany 0
5 AC Milan Italy 0
6 Juventus Italy 17
7 Internazionale Italy n/a
8 Chelsea England 28
9 FC Barcelona Spain 12
10 Schalke 04 Germany 53
11 Liverpool England 18
12 Olympique Lyonnais France n/a
13 Newcastle United England 46
14 Tottenham Hotspur England 0
15 AS Roma Italy 0
16 Hamburger SV Germany n/a
17 Manchester City England 83
18 Borussia Dortmund Germany 126
19 Ajax Amsterdam Netherlands 0
20 Celtic Scotland 14
21 Everton England 32
22 Olympique Marseille France n/a
23 West Ham United England 27
24 Rangers Scotland 7
25 Aston Villa England 16

The most is Borussia Dortmund on US$126million,next is Manchester United on 84,then Manchester City on 83. Bayern Munich,Tottenham Hotspur,AS Roma,AC Milan & Ajax Amsterdam does not hve any debt to pay. And some other clubs debts are undisclosed.:)

S

·
0 Posts
Good job i looked at your age before i replied. ;)

Maybe you missed off a 0 or two here and there ;)

But still big thanks for trying and keep posting mate, there's some great people on here. :)

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SALFORD RED said:
Good job i looked at your age before i replied. ;)

Maybe you missed off a 0 or two here and there ;)

But still big thanks for trying and keep posting mate, there's some great people on here.

Be nice Sal he's only youngster.....

I see he made plenty of posts in the night too.....

Very good job young man.....

Well done and thanks ;)

S

·
0 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:

Be nice Sal he's only youngster.....

I see he made plenty of posts in the night too.....

Very good job young man.....

Well done and thanks
Which is why i said...good job i looked at his age before replying, lol.

I was actually laughing my belly to pain and replied to try to get him to keep posting without shooting him down in flames or beind sarcastic and scaring him off, i'll leave that to K4t.

Sent him a couple of PMs before posting anyway. ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
The lists seem to be a little out of date seeing as City are now debt free due to frank sinatra buyin them, that was the debt that had pre frank.
Dortmund are struggling to survive.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
60 Million PAC...

Profit After Costs...

So the debt is already taken into account when calculating these fugues and
accruals for next year should be matched no problem.

Decreasing interest rates in the US recently will actually make next years figures
better than those accrued for.

Be nice if Glazer gave Fergie the full 60 Million and said "Go forth Alex and fill your
boots" :)
I'm always confused when these figures are published because different publications have different figures!!!

An article in MEN says United are about to announce profits of £75m!

MANCHESTER United is set to announce record profits of around £75m as `Gold Trafford' hits the jackpot.

A club best-ever annual turnover in excess of £200m has boosted profits in the year to June 30, figures to be released next month will reveal.

The previous record turnover for the Reds was in the 2002-03 season, with £174m in total. The previous record profit was in 2003-04, when the club netted £58m.

It is a significant increase on last January's figures, when the club announced a turnover of £167.75m and profits of £46.25m.

The hike in turnover will help the Reds close the gap on Real Madrid, the world's richest club by revenue. In this year's Deloitte Money League, the Spanish club's turnover was 292.2m euros - £208m.

United's success on the field last season and the raising of the Old Trafford capacity has banked the Reds the increased fortune. Last term saw United open their East and North quadrants at Old Trafford, adding 8,000 more seats at the stadium, including 2,500 corporate seats.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
This is Man Utd...the best at everything..to be a succesfull club..and the best in the world...you have to be the best at every category

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man Utd set to announce record £75M profits

Manchester United are set to announce record profits of around £75 million.

The club will report record annual turnover in excess of £200 million for the year
to June 30, figures to be released next month will reveal, according to UK press
reports.

The figures are a significant increase on last January's figures, when the club
announced a turnover of £167.75 million and profit of £46.25 million.

The clubs previous record turnover was £174 million.
www.tribalfootball.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts