Manchester United Talk banner

61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Big Daddy
34,250 Posts
LOL. Comedy gold.
The point is a good one, if you think about it ALL insults are derived from negative connotations. Otherwise they wouldn't be insults. It is however "case sensitive" for example if I knew someone on here (or they knew someone) was a Mongoloid - I would refrain from using the term "mong". In the same way people throw about "retard" - (which of course refers to someone with a limited mental capacity) that could be hurtful.

Going on the premise that we are all football fans (and as such the "banter" and level of insult we all are party to is higher than other aspects of society) I think certain terms are accepted somewhat easier.

·
Banned
3,354 Posts
Is this thread about the term "mong" or that forum Redcafe? o_O

If its the former then only thing I can think of is Mongolia when I hear the term "mong.

If its redcafe, then i can give it mostly a bad rap.

con
1. Leeds fan as mod.
2. Intolerant mods
3. The les that is said about most user on there then better I would say.
4. Newbie selection that you don't know about until you join, if you have been lurking on there.
5. Newbie promotion is random, it depends on the mods, if they like you or not, but not the effor t you put in your posts.
5. There is no difference in quality of the disussion threads in the newbies and in the mains forum, which makes the idea behind newbie selection rather pointless.
6. You don't recognize one poster from another since avatars are banned, you will probably recognize rival fan though since their view contradicts everything else said on there.
7. To say that number of rival fans on there is overdose is an understatement.
6. Since avatars are banned that makes that forum rather life less and dull for your eyes. unlike the eye candy that is MUT
9. Manchester United fan forums equel to RAWK or Bluemoon, cannot speak about red issue since I have never been able to join there.
pros.
1. I'm no longer on there.
2. few hilarious meltdown threads that doesn't make for otherwise dull place.

·
Veritas vos liberabit
10,006 Posts
The Caf's a dump, full of jumped-up muppets who use post count as a measure of knowledge...

Only joined to sort tickets, leaving the discussions well alone.
there's some excellent posters on redcafe to be fair

Brwned
Pogue
Mockney
Plechazunga

to name a few.. Their biggest problem is power hungry moderators and a complete disregard for their community. They'll ban long term member 15k + posts for something trivial.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
I enjoy reading Red Cafe, it has some very good posters and there is that guy who makes gifs, that guy made me me wet both my eyes and pants out of laughter countless guys.

Though, I couldn't enjoy being a member there, the Newbie section is full of cancer, and people need to chill. Someone disagrees with you? Prepare to have your mother, sister and whole family fucked by him.

Back in the days I used to give fuck about United and football forums, RedIssue was the best damn thing. The registration was closed most of the time, and I assume it's still is.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I don't have many positive things to say about that forum. The mods are arrogant and too many members are obsessed with becoming a mains poster, as if it elevates them to God like status. There are so many posts that even when you write a long thoughtful one it get ignored half the time. People are afraid to say anything controversial, so in the end getting promoted becomes more about playing it safe, posting regularly and sucking up to the moderators. Also as others have noticed the amount of love for the Glazers on there is mindboggling. The values of that forum are all wrong and not representative of the spirit of our club at all.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
I don't have many positive things to say about that forum. The mods are arrogant and too many members are obsessed with becoming a mains poster, as if it elevates them to God like status. There are so many posts that even when you write a long thoughtful one it get ignored half the time. People are afraid to say anything controversial, so in the end getting promoted becomes more about playing it safe, posting regularly and sucking up to the moderators. Also as others have noticed the amount of love for the Glazers on there is mindboggling. The values of that forum are all wrong and not representative of the spirit of our club at all.
Were you banned from there?

·
Veritas vos liberabit
10,006 Posts
fairly accurate summary of the negatives, left out a lot more though

S

·
0 Posts
Truth (y)
No. I left voluntarily in the end. The full reasons i can't be bothered going into, because i want nothing more to do with that site and want to make a fresh start.
You sound like a smart chap (y) Beginning to think I like you already :D (y)

·
Big Daddy
34,250 Posts
No. I left voluntarily in the end. The full reasons i can't be bothered going into, because i want nothing more to do with that site and want to make a fresh start.
Welcome, you'll like us. Well most of us, well some of us... maybe...

61 - 80 of 117 Posts