Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People !!!

I,ve been going to united for longer then I can remember !!! But one thing that really stuck in my mind from Sunday was the atmosphere when the piper played RED FLAG, WHEN THE PLAYERS CAME OUT OF THE TUNNEL !!!

Apart from the ROMA 7-1 last year & when burst Arsnal bubble of 49 games I have never heard the crowd like that !!!Granted the occasion helped..

But dare I say ANFIELD is special at the beginning of the games !! UNITED ROAD goes down like a led ballon because only about 15% of the ground know the words & it's embarising when they turn the loadspeaker down !!!,
RED FLAG must be considered ahead of ROCKY !!!!

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK !!!!!!

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
Ye, id much rather hear United songs bellowed out rather than other ones. When I was there las, (Jan 1st) two Michael Jackson Songs were played!!

I've got 29 Songs to do with United on my i-Pod, so its not like there's none out there. As for the fans not knowing words, well its sad to see but a lot of day trippers go.......I'd even call myseelf one as I get to 5 sometimes 6 games a season, yet I know all the words so..........its a strange one but fans just don't kno all the die hard songs and anthems now-a-days. I'd bet not many know the words to, "We Will Stand Together"

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
i think 60 per cent of the crowd do not know the songs as its there first visit to old trafford . just look at them with the cameras . they probably really love the team and feel the same way we all do with a loss . i went through 85-89 never missing a game and soon worked out 3000 away fans made more noise than 42000 home fans

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
haggler said:
i think 60 per cent of the crowd do not know the songs as its there first visit to old trafford . just look at them with the cameras . they probably really love the team and feel the same way we all do with a loss . i went through 85-89 never missing a game and soon worked out 3000 away fans made more noise than 42000 home fans
EXACTLY.

Old Trafford is a joke tbh. Get all the true reds in there, and you'll have trouble filling up one stand.

Look how many scarfs went on ebay. No real United fan would do taht.

S

·
0 Posts
Agree 100% with Stephen, Haggler and keano, 3,000 bitters on sunday sounded like 30,000 and 60,000+ United sounded like a sunday choir for most of the game.

SHERLZ6899 said:
People !!!

I,ve been going to united for longer then I can remember !!! But one thing that really stuck in my mind from Sunday was the atmosphere when the piper played RED FLAG, WHEN THE PLAYERS CAME OUT OF THE TUNNEL !!!

Apart from the ROMA 7-1 last year & when burst Arsnal bubble of 49 games I have never heard the crowd like that !!!Granted the occasion helped..

But dare I say ANFIELD is special at the beginning of the games !! UNITED ROAD goes down like a led ballon because only about 15% of the ground know the words & it's embarising when they turn the loadspeaker down !!!,
RED FLAG must be considered ahead of ROCKY !!!!

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK !!!!!!

Could not agree more, RED FLAG would be much better than anything, it's been a long time since i heard so many voices with so much heart put so much passion into that or any other song. The atmosphere was amazing and made the hairs stand up on my neck and gave me goosebumps.

I hate that piper.......was doing alright till he came out the tunnel playing the RED FLAG...then the lump in the throat got bigger and bigger and i joined the thousands of others and let the tears go.

The words ARE United, United ARE the words.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
I always sing along to United Road when I'm at OT but have noticed that many people don't.

I have to say that Red Flag makes my hairs stand on end when it's sung at OT so I agree that should be played before each game. I'm sure it'd get the crowd going.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Stephen said:
EXACTLY.

Old Trafford is a joke tbh. Get all the true reds in there, and you'll have trouble filling up one stand.

Look how many scarfs went on ebay. No real United fan would do taht.
How could anyone top that? How bout someone selling the actual DVD they were given for attending the memorial service.

All attendees were handed a DVD copy of the service as a memento and one Man Utd "FAN" has decided to flog his on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Munich-Remembered-DVD-From-MAN-UTD-Memorial-Service_W0QQitemZ120219979774QQihZ002QQcategoryZ2288QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I am slowly losing faith in our fans as the majority just seem to be glory-hunters and not genuine true supporters of the club

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
ya it was QUALITY when we all sung red flag!!! it really creates an atmosphere! tbh even tho we lost throughout the whole match i thought it was the best atmosphere ive seen at old trafford!

i think they should hook microphones up to the stretford end and belt it out all around the stadium!!! when the stret started singin 'my old man said be a city fan... the whole stadium started singin it, really great!!

united's away fans are better than any!!

·
23,699 Posts
I am saddened by the downward spiral from the look of things...

That gave me an idea. Is it possible for those in the know to share the songs and chants here in the forum? It would be good for the younger fans and those not born and bred in UK, like myself and many others, who may never ever get to know, let alone sing it.

Perhaps make it sticky so that everybody and anybody can have access to it.

Take it as a small part we can play here in this forum for our beloved Club?

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
versa said:
I am saddened by the downward spiral from the look of things...

That gave me an idea. Is it possible for those in the know to share the songs and chants here in the forum? It would be good for the younger fans and those not born and bred in UK, like myself and many others, who may never ever get to know, let alone sing it.

Perhaps make it sticky so that everybody and anybody can have access to it.

Take it as a small part we can play here in this forum for our beloved Club?
I'm not sure some of the chants would be good for the younger fans! :D

Although I agree it would be a good idea to have a song/chants thread. I've had a couple of people ask me the words to chants in the shoutbox and I wanted to double-check the words for 'Cheer up Alan Shearer/Kevin Keegan' after the Newcastle game.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
Red Devil said:
A lot of the words to songs sung at OT cannot be portrayed in here!!! So be aware of that.
I have to clean some of them up for my mum when she asks about some chants. She can't stand people swearing!

It's easily done and since most of the chants are supposed to rhyme I think people will be able to work out what actually gets sung at OT.

Quick example...

He plays on the left,
he plays on the riiiiiiiiiight,
that boy Ronaldo,
makes England look rubbish! (ahem ;) )

·
23,699 Posts
Red Devil said:
A lot of the words to songs sung at OT cannot be portrayed in here!!! So be aware of that.
I don't know how 'bad' they are or sound, but they are just songs and chants that fans ACTUALLY sing in the stadium. And they are all part of traditions which may well be lost after another 1, 2 generations....

Ok, the cleaner ones perhaps.

·
23,699 Posts
reddwarf said:
I have to clean some of them up for my mum when she asks about some chants. She can't stand people swearing!

It's easily done and since most of the chants are supposed to rhyme I think people will be able to work out what actually gets sung at OT.

Quick example...

He plays on the left,
he plays on the riiiiiiiiiight,
that boy Ronaldo,
makes England look rubbish! (ahem ;) )
Is it supposed to be sh*t* as in somebody's signature before? If so, is that unsuitable here?! I am truly surprised. I mean, I am from Far East, you know, supposedly more conservative. Lol.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
versa said:
Is it supposed to be sh*t* as in somebody's signature before? If so, is that unsuitable here?! I am truly surprised. I mean, I am from Far East, you know, supposedly more conservative. Lol.
Well RD just said a big no to using swear words and that's a swear word so I guess so!

I'll pm him to clarify what's ok.

·
23,699 Posts
reddwarf said:
Well RD just said a big no to using swear words and that's a swear word so I guess so!

I'll pm him to clarify what's ok.
Thanks anyway. Just wondering if heavily *-ed would do? The whole idea is to educate on what are the ACTUAL songs being sung out of TRADITIONS. Knowing the EXISTENCE of these swear words in the traditional songs here just for educational purposes is probably different from using them here frivolously in interactions, I hope. Or are they treated equal here?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
i only go 2 united between 2-6 times a season n i love chanting when i go.

BUT there are some that i don't know and because the ones i don't know arent as popular i can't hear what the words are.

I think a thread with a list of the chants would be a nice idea, because ive been to ot with friends who want to sing and chant and they have real passion for united but they don't know the words or don't know all of them!!!

·
23,699 Posts
burnzy1987 said:
i only go 2 united between 2-6 times a season n i love chanting when i go.

BUT there are some that i don't know and because the ones i don't know arent as popular i can't hear what the words are.

I think a thread with a list of the chants would be a nice idea, because ive been to ot with friends who want to sing and chant and they have real passion for united but they don't know the words or don't know all of them!!!

Lucky you! Pity us watching live on TV. What can we hear??:eek: Some noises in the background but mainly the commentators'....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts