Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
haggler said:
tradition has it that utd kick into action in october and looking at the fixtures this year should be no exception .

bolton,blackburn,everton,aalberg,west ham etc etc .

we should end the month within shouting distance of the top .
You were right Hags. It was a red October. Won all the games in Oct so far.

Jazz 16 said:
I agree.
We have got some of the tough games out of the way and the players are getting
match fit. October WILL be a great month, Im sure of it.
All starting with a nice home game against Bolton.
Once we get the confidence going and the goals flowing it will be
business as normal for the reigning Premiership and European Champions.:cool:
ooh looks like I was right too :p not that it was a difficult prediction to make lol.

I can see us mincing Everton and the Hammers in our last games this month.

Well, we are now nearing the end of the month and it looks like tradition has held sway. We have had a pretty good month in both the CL and the Premier. Lets hope we can now maintain this through the remainder of the season.

Jazz 16 said:
damn it. I had a feeling this thread would bite me and Hags in the arse.:rolleyes:
Why is it you said in this thread that you could see us mincing Everton then claim in the matchday thread that "A point at Goodison is NOT a bad result."?

Its either one or the other, and if you saw us mincing Everton than a draw was a bad result.

manutd004 said:
Why is it you said in this thread that you could see us mincing Everton then claim in the matchday thread that "A point at Goodison is NOT a bad result."?

Its either one or the other, and if you saw us mincing Everton than a draw was a bad result.
I read your posts in the matchday thread and I am with you on this.

How can we, champions of Europe and EPL, ever call drawing with Everton who have the worst defensive record currently as NOT a bad result?! Especially when we all know it is getting harder and harder to win the league. It really baffles me and I am begining to wonder what is actually being positive all about. Or... is there some misconceptions?!

I always believe being positive is not just about feeling hunkie dorie about the future perpetually no matter what happened but that it also means taking a good, hard look at ourselves, identifying the flaws and mistakes, and rectifying it. Only after having done that can we be truly optimistic about the future and ourselves. Of course, some may think that would be a 'negative' process by itself.

Reasons, circumstances etc are beside the point. It WAS a bad result. Digest it, reflect it and move on.

manutd004 said:

The form we were in going into the Everton game made me think we would mince them,
especially as they had been playing so badly.
But as the game was played and they were on top of us 2nd half then the
point was NOT a bad result. Its still Goodison park to be fair, a tough place.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.