Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
GeordieMancunian said:
Areeet :D
I caught most of the show with Stepney and Hayley this evening but I missed
that part for some reason. Ive actually heard you on there before Lee.
Fair play for getting on MUTV (we know you work for them :D )
but your talking about DOng as if he will be some major loss :confused:
Dude, sorry to break it to you, but Dong is onomatopoeic to the bone.
Basically he's ****.
But good luck to him anyway....

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Areeet :D
I caught most of the show with Stepney and Hayley this evening but I missed
that part for some reason. Ive actually heard you on there before Lee.
Fair play for getting on MUTV (we know you work for them :D )
but your talking about DOng as if he will be some major loss :confused:
Dude, sorry to break it to you, but Dong is onomatopoeic to the bone.
Basically he's ****.
But good luck to him anyway....
he might be the worst player at the club in the last 10 years, he makes even average player look world class with his shooting ability.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i had the chance to see him in a premierleague game in northwich victoria last season with the reserves team against sunderland and he was awful!!! he played for 45' and he did nothing but mistakes!!! he cant even play in Thrasivoulos (a greek team in Super League :D)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Umm i get the t-shirt sale thing but really how many people walk around with DONG written on their backs lol Like I guess it did put Chinese interest into United but like we also have Asia's finest in Park Ji Sung so its all good =)

Well I wish him the best of luck and I hope he has a good career

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Chinese online media sina.com said that Dong Fangzhuo is going to join Chinese
Super League club Dalian Haichang, the former eight times crowned giant club
Dalian Shide, on a permanent move with a undisclosed fee and he will be handed
the shirt No.9 which was wore by famous Chinese stricker Hao Haidong.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
GeordieMancunian said:
I hate this, when a player who wants to join United because of the love of the club, then is spat out and sold and forgotten about. Yet another striker we've sold, just because they're "not good enough", just like Chris Eagles and Alan Smith.
This is bloody marvellous, we are in desperate need of a striker and we sell one, oh the irony!

That's a big harsh...I think. Imagine if you were Dong, I think he'd be deflated and disappointed, he'll probably return to his country and feel like a failure.

I can't tell whether you're joking or not... seriously? without doubt these are the stupidest comments I've ever read on this forum - including posts from the likes of abo! now thats saying something.

if you're serious you should be in a circus, not working for mutv.

"Yet another striker we've sold, just because they're "not good enough""

lol so you think we should keep him and play him and become a mid table club just to spare a few peoples feelings (not like it's that bad anyway, not many people achieve a feat such as playing for manchester united. im sure he'll be just fine and won't require counselling)? get real, this is professional sport, where if you're not good enough, tough ****.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
piazza said:
Bottom line is, we're a football club that wants to win trophies, and thus can't be wasting time placating terrible footballers like Dong, and Smudge. Why would we keep guys who can't cut it? To spare their feelings? How old are you honestly?
here we go again calling Alan Smith a "carppy" player
for god sake how do you compare Dong with Smith

Smith was leeds best player at his days
yes with us and with newcastle he was crap
but can you forget the injury versus liverpool which probably is the reason why he flopped

Smudge did score more ucl goals than you lovely champion Berbatov

when he was playing in the central role of the attack he was a king
but later hen he have been played on various positions he became a squad player

·
Registered
113 Posts
abojodeh said:
here we go again calling Alan Smith a "carppy" player
for god sake how do you compare Dong with Smith

Smith was leeds best player at his days
yes with us and with newcastle he was crap
but can you forget the injury versus liverpool which probably is the reason why he flopped

Smudge did score more ucl goals than you lovely champion Berbatov

when he was playing in the central role of the attack he was a king
but later hen he have been played on various positions he became a squad player
Alan Smith has got something in his locker than Berbatov does not posess it's called desire. As for Dong he was only a commerical signing to make more money from china.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sack Sir Alex right now. Does this man even know what hes doing?!?!?

He was the answer to all our problems, and now look at us! :mad:

:p

But, seriously, the shirt sales story doesn't wash with me. How many people, even in China, are going to buy Dong shirts? Very few indeed, no doubts. But I can't answer the question of why we bought him.

But leave Alan Smith alone. He was a great player. But the bad injury he suffered has really ended that. Its nothing to do with a lack of ability. If he didn't get that injury, I have no doubts that he would still be here. Playing him in midfield didn't help, but at the time he was the best of a bad bunch. He was a fantastic striker.

I mean, remember this goal? ;

He was a good player for us, and definitely gave his all at all times. His desire isn't in question. Its amazing what some supporters forget.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.