Manchester United Talk banner

Relegated- Derby, Reading, Brum

975 views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Jay007 
#1 ·
Well its been a great day for us United fans :)
but at the other end of the table there is always heartbreak.

Derby had gone ages ago but after Fulham's heroics over the last month,
it put Reading and Brum down to the Championship.

Im sorry to see Reading go cos of the Irish boys and I liked Brum
for their Scottish manager and McFaddy.

Comments?

#2 ·
I'm so delighted Brum went down.

Alex McLeish betrayed his country, and he deserves nothing more. McFadden will have no problem finding a Prem or SPL club imo.

But Roy Hodgson and Steve Bruce have both done incredible jobs. They both looked doomed when both managers took over, and look at them now? Incredible!

But I didn't want Reading down simply because of Steve Coppell and the chairman. Their both fantastic guys and fantastic at their respective jobs, so hopefully they'll come back up at the first attempt.

In an ideal World, I would choose Bolton and Birmingham to go down, but it hasn't happened that way.

#3 ·
Fulham did amazing. Well, Hodgeson did. Fulham would be midtable if matches finished at half time. As it happens, it doesnt, its 90mins long, and they've finished where they've finished. Can't see them being in the same trouble next year.

Why did Reading decide to score so many today, when they haven't scored since mid March. The leagues 38games long. So they deserve what they got. Feel for Coppell though.

Brum get what they deserve. No investment by the owners, well they'll be sorry now, much less valueable an investment, a championship club, than a PL club.

#4 ·
Birmingham Relegated

i am united fan but even so i like Birmingham too much they are responsible for our EPL by getting arsenal double draws and loosing versus us twice
they played one of the best football this season but they got relegated while fulham and bolton stayed :( it is not fair
:(

#6 ·
is it just me but i thought that birmingham had won so many more games and had way more points and i was shockd to c them in the relegation battle a month ago, coz they have got some good results this season, draw @ anfield, emirates, win at WHL.... and they pushed us in both games

#9 ·
Jazz 16 said:
Well its been a great day for us United fans :)
but at the other end of the table there is always heartbreak.

Derby had gone ages ago but after Fulham's heroics over the last month,
it put Reading and Brum down to the Championship.

Im sorry to see Reading go cos of the Irish boys and I liked Brum
for their Scottish manager and McFaddy.

Comments?
I read somewhere Derby are now the team who got the least points in PL's 16 years history. The previous low was 14 points. A shimmer of glory over Derby after a catastrophical season. :D

#10 ·
spellbound said:
I read somewhere Derby are now the team who got the least points in PL's 16 years history. The previous low was 14 points. A shimmer of glory over Derby after a catastrophical season. :D
If I'm not mistaken, I think they have the least amount of points, goals, most goals conceded, won the least amount of games and the worst goal difference.

Their may be more even but I'm not sure.

Onto Reading, I hope Steve Coppell stays, but if he does resign, I hope he gets a good job somewhere.

But you gotta blame the board with Birmingham. They done the dirty on Steve Bruce, who, imo, would have kept them up, and they were more concerned with the takeover than the club itself. Their heart wasn't in it.

But fantastic for Fulham. I think that Roy Hodgson will improve them a lot next year, and the'll finish in the top half, maybe even push for Europe (but I don't they will so soon.)

#11 ·
I feel sorry for Birmingham to be honest. They were very close to staying up, its unfortunate they had a bad run towards the end.
I suppose Fulham deserve to stay up. They won their last few games and did what was asked of them. Although that is the 2nd time in 2 seasons they've been in the relagation battle. Next time they could go down.

#12 ·
NateR said:
I feel sorry for Birmingham to be honest. They were very close to staying up, its unfortunate they had a bad run towards the end.
I suppose Fulham deserve to stay up. They won their last few games and did what was asked of them. Although that is the 2nd time in 2 seasons they've been in the relagation battle. Next time they could go down.
I don't feel sorry for Birmingham.

Their managers a traitor, the 3 of the main coaching staff actually, and the board didn't care.

But I don't think Fulham will be in a relegation battle tbh. Roy Hodgson is a fabulous manager, and if he stays he'll bring them forward.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.