Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who will get relegated?
Its so tight at the bottom with a win sending a team right up the table.
Its very hard to say who will go down.
Who do you think will go down?

I reckon West Brom, Stoke and ......I would have said Blackburn but with Big Sam in
charge they should have enough to stay up.
I think the 3rd team will be one of Hull, West Ham or Pompey :eek:

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
I also backed Blackburn to go down the other week but I also think big Sam will sort the mess out .

Its going crazy down there you couldnt predict it at this stage . My view changes every week this week im going to go for .

Sunderland
West ham
West brom

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Stoke & West Brom. These 2 are a certainty.

3rd one is a tough one, because even last season...with only a few games to go, 4 or so teams had the possiblity of going down. So for that reason, I'm not going to say anything about a 3rd team.
I don't see Sunderland going down. I think they've got enough to stay up.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
It's tight down there and extremely difficult to call.

I think West Brom and Stoke will definitely go down. West Brom are aren't a great team, and aren't good enough to play the type of football they're trying to and stay up. Stoke started well, but I think their lack of genuine quality will see them go down.

As for the 3rd team, I have completely no idea. There are arguments for and against every team involved in the relegation battle, and I just genuinely can't call it.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Relegation Battle

I'm pretty sure we haven't got a thread about this years relegation battle if so, just delete this thread.

But the question is who does everyone think will go down ?

Personally I think West Brom and Stoke will definitely go, both have put in some decent preformances this year, especially Stoke (getting results against Liverpool, Arsenal and almost Chelsea) but I just think the teams around them are much better.

As for the last spot it could to a range of clubs. Although I think teams around the relegation zone at the moment for example, City and Spurs should be pretty safe as they have good managers and a decent squad, and City also have infinite money supplies :p

So for the final spot I'd say it would be between Hull, Portsmouth, Middleborough and Bolton. The inevitable is happening at Pompey they are losing big names like Diarra, Defoe now that Harry has left. Sunderland may also be involved but I've been impressed by Sbragia and think he should keep them up. Bolton will probably be in the mix, they started well, but they cannot score for anything and Mgeson isn't that good a manager. But the team I would tip to go down is Borough, over their last 10 or so games they've picked up hardly any points, they have some great playersd like Alves, Downing, but players who were fantastic for them last season haven't been as good this season like Wheater, Huth, and I would predict them to go down.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Citys going down with a billion in the bank !!!!!

Followed by Stoke and West brom !!

I change my mind every week its so unpredictable!!

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
West Brom, Stoke and Portsmouth .

I would have added Hull as since Browns on pitch rant they have been in free fall - but the new signings should help them turn it round .

Can anyone imagine a Tony Adams team talk ? Mogadon for the masses !

Mono tone Adams the man makes Steve interesting Davis seem exciting .

See kiddies what the ale does to you -

They should play twenty minutes of him speaking to every school -- if they did, Britains binge drink problem would vanish within a few short years .

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
haggler said:
West Brom, Stoke and Portsmouth .

I would have added Hull as since Browns on pitch rant they have been in free fall - but the new signings should help them turn it round .

Can anyone imagine a Tony Adams team talk ? Mogadon for the masses !

Mono tone Adams the man makes Steve interesting Davis seem exciting .

See kiddies what the ale does to you -

They should play twenty minutes of him speaking to every school -- if they did, Britains binge drink problem would vanish within a few short years .

Yeah have to agree Adams seems to dull to be taken serious .

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
portsmouth the only certainties i'd say........i thought tony adams had a pair of ***** , what the hell has happened to theu guy that played for arsenal....saw him in an interview the other day it was like watching a naughty schoolboy squirming or rabbit caught in headlights.boro seem to be in some kind of freefall at the moment aswell.

hope stoke and west brom make a good fight of it, love to see battling teams get a chance and if they could stay up 1st year back they'd have the cash to invest.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
It is difficult to say which teams will get relegated this season. Between Westham (8th pos) and the last team which is West Brom, there is only a 8 point gap which means nothing considering the fact how inconsistent the teams are.

If you ask me which teams i would like to see in the Championship, and ask for a realistic answer then i will tell you Citeh to be one of the 2.
I hope Tottenham won`t be the other one.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts