Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to a report in the British tabloid The Sun, Manchester United have verbally agreed to extend Park Ji-Sung's stay at Old Trafford.

Apparently, the 77-time capped South Korea international midfielder will put pen to paper on a new £50,000-a-week four-year deal.

The 28-year-old's current contract is due to expire at the end of next season, but he is expected to sign his new deal in June.

"I have no reason to move. I play at the best club in the world," Park is quoted as saying.

Since joining the Red Devils for £4 million from Dutch giants PSV in 2005, Park Ji-Sung has scored ten goals in 117 appearances for the reigning Premier League champions.

goal.com

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Park Ji-sung has agreed a new deal with Manchester United.

The South Korean star had just 18-months left on his current deal - but it was never in doubt that Sir Alex Ferguson would not negotiate fresh terms with him.

Park, a £4million signing from PSV Eindhoven four years ago, is a firm fans' favourite at Old Trafford and they will be delighted he is staying.

The midfielder admits he does not see any reason to leave a club he thinks is the 'biggest' in the world.

"I have no reason to move," he told The Sun.

"I play at the best club in the world."

Park, who has agreed his deal verbally, will pen his new four-year contract later this month.

Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Park agrees United deal

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
People hating Park now? Not too long ago we were all praising his workrate and reliability...

Fickle fans, show some backbone...

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
To be fair he didn't really play well today, wasn't really in the game for large periods. Good finish, but it doesn't suddenly make him a great player.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I've been giving him a hard time lately but it was a decent performance today, nothing outstanding but wasn't giving away easy passes. Nice goal too.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Every good team needs a hard working player (liverpool - kuyt Chelsea - essien man u - rooney,park)
Its one of the reasons arsena struggle at times because sometimes players just give up. Players like park are needed to keep going until the final wistle to constantly create chances and pressure the opostition.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Yeah but I'd prefer our hard worker to be Fletcher in the middle (Hargreaves) than Park which is one of the key areas of our attacking game.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Extremely happy for him and the club.

Park Ji Sung might not be the most technical player, but he has improved steadily over the years and brings a lot to the team.

He was billed as a marketing gimmick when he first came and has had to work very hard to prove himself. I feel he has done exactly that and I would rather lose Fletcher before we lose Park Ji Sung.

His crossing and finishing are notoriously poor, but a lot of good play and goals result from Park's directness, running with the ball and hustling.

He's also scored some very handy goals.

I thought a poignant moment came at Chlsea.

In the summer, Chelsea chairman Peter Kenyon was in Asia to promote Chelsea and their website. In an interview, he was asked if he would sign an Asian player. He responded that Chelsea are interested in signing the best players and if an Asian player fell into that category he would.

He added that he wouldn't sign an Asian player for the sake of it to increase marketing potential and he felt some clubs in the EPL do that.

I mean.... that was a direct jibe at Park Ji Sung and Manchester United. And then on my birthday, the 17th of September, Park Ji Sung scores at Stamford Bridge.

Take that, you bald, slimy piece of dog excriment!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts