Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a community of online fans, do you ever meet up at games or converse on another platform rather than solely on this one forum?
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,664 Posts
I think I've spotted one or two people on other forums but I've never met up with anybody I've met online.

Do you want to meet up Marie? :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,926 Posts
No, I haven't..........yet.

I can just imagine being at OT, and someone behind me goes, "Go now and see what they have to say on ManUtd Talk..." and I turn around and say......"Hey, you on that forum? I'm Keano! on it..." and the reply will be, "Oh its' you! I'm (Whoever), how are ya,?"

an the conversation continues! lol, unlikely but possible!
 

·
He wipes front to back
Joined
·
27,654 Posts
some you would love a pint with others you would slap . forums exist as a way of venting your spleen . some tell me they are men when actually women some say they are 50 when 13 or 16 when 40 . truth is you cant often tell . i have been asked for dates sex etc on forums and when i am i run a mile . you can tell when they are getting serious as they start to pm you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,607 Posts
Not as yet from this forum, but another United one I still, on occasion, frequent, I have met up with the members on several occasions. If I am able to attend a game, rare these days, I would announce it in here and arrange a "meet" outside Macari's or something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,236 Posts
haggler said:
some you would love a pint with others you would slap . forums exist as a way of venting your spleen . some tell me they are men when actually women some say they are 50 when 13 or 16 when 40 . truth is you cant often tell . i have been asked for dates sex etc on forums and when i am i run a mile . you can tell when they are getting serious as they start to pm you
Sure.......you're not fooling nobody mate ;) :p

I agree with Keano...lol....that's also how I envisage it would happen.

FAO haggler: names of these forums you've been on please. via pm preferably ;)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,511 Posts
Yes.

None off here but quite a few on other United boards. Sometimes exchanging tickets, have a pre-match coke :)D) or other stuff.

Got a Stretford End Flags v Red News football match coming up soon :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
Stephen said:
Yes.

None off here but quite a few on other United boards. Sometimes exchanging tickets, have a pre-match coke :)D) or other stuff.

Got a Stretford End Flags v Red News football match coming up soon :D
You even organise footie matches?? thats quality.
Somedays I wish I lived in Manchester.
I wonder what the manutdtalk team would be. Id be centre back and captain :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,926 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
You even organise footie matches?? thats quality.
Somedays I wish I lived in Manchester.
I wonder what the manutdtalk team would be. Id be centre back and captain :D
waterboy for me with a chance of making the bench......for a friendly!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,607 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
You even organise footie matches?? thats quality.
Somedays I wish I lived in Manchester.
I wonder what the manutdtalk team would be. Id be centre back and captain :D
I'd be left back, in the dressing room!
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,664 Posts
reddwarf said:
I've never met up with anybody I've met online.
All that is going to change this Saturday!

I'm a member of MyFC - the website that bought Ebbsfleet United - and I'll be meeting up with people I've met online to go to the game against Northwich this weekend.

We're all catching the same train from Manchester Picadilly and then going to the pub before the game.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top