Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...

Not many questions left to ask now, thanks for all your help so far...

Do you as a sports fan see or feel any difference in the way people communicate / interact on this forum rather than in static off line face-to-face communication/ interaction?

Thanks
Marie
 
Z

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Marie said:
Hey guys...

Not many questions left to ask now, thanks for all your help so far...

Do you as a sports fan see or feel any difference in the way people communicate / interact on this forum rather than in static off line face-to-face communication/ interaction?

Thanks
Marie
Hi Marie. I would say with face to face discussion it is more spontaneous and you say what is on your mind straight away. One of the benefits of a forum is that it allows you to collect your thoughts and find out for yourself what your opinion is on a particular subject before you post it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,236 Posts
Yes, I'd agree with zuco's point but also......

Sometimes people are afraid or embarrassed to say what they really want in real life and on here they can express there true feelings on topics.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,926 Posts
Ye, I think people are more open to their opinion here, more to do with the fact that the majority don't actually know the other members to see or talk to in everyday life. If your 10 closest friends joined, you'd conceal things a bit more because you see them every day, etc..... But who cares! This forum is great! Great members and I feel like I actually have met some of them before! lol!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
-zuco- said:
Hi Marie. I would say with face to face discussion it is more spontaneous and you say what is on your mind straight away. One of the benefits of a forum is that it allows you to collect your thoughts and find out for yourself what your opinion is on a particular subject before you post it.
Sorry for being lazy but I agree with this more or less.
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,664 Posts
I agree with zuco.

One of the main reasons for this with me is that when I'm discussing sports face-to-face it's usually down the pub with a few mates after a few pints but because I only log on here during the day I'm stone cold sober so tend to think before I type.

I'm sure other people have started to type a reply then read through it and ended up deleting it without ever posting it, I know I have - you can't really do that in a conversation!!!
 

·
He wipes front to back
Joined
·
27,654 Posts
i have a problem with censorship which doesnt stop with this forum . i am unable it seems to stop a stream of conciousness to the point of getting banned everywhere . i see it i say it i offend i get banned . nobody really likes to hear the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth as truth will always offend many . hence my forum name . when i get going the boundaries of whats pc on a forum go out the window and rightly i get hoyed off . thats why i am lobbying for a place on here to do this thats not seen by anyone who does not subscribe . i hope it happens before i am dumb enough to get banned but if not and it does come in it will ensure the forum keeps its regular contributers without scaring off the rest . waffle over
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,605 Posts
-zuco- said:
Hi Marie. I would say with face to face discussion it is more spontaneous and you say what is on your mind straight away. One of the benefits of a forum is that it allows you to collect your thoughts and find out for yourself what your opinion is on a particular subject before you post it.
Face to face can sometimes be awkward as words spoken cannot be retracted. I would agree with Zuco. If I say something wrong in here, I can change it later or before posted.

Forums are an excellent medium to expand friendship, yes - make enemies too. But we all have one common denominator here - United. I am a member of a multi national, multi club forum too; there is much more "bitching" going on there due to the intense rivalries involved.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
haggler said:
thats why i am lobbying for a place on here to do this thats not seen by anyone who does not subscribe .
I see where you are coming from and that might happen over the coming months (a place to say what you want without the public viewing it).
your point has been noted o hagglie one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,605 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
I see where you are coming from and that might happen over the coming months (a place to say what you want without the public viewing it).
your point has been noted o hagglie one.
As Jazz says, we are planning to have a private, passworded, section that Joe Public cannot see. Password and entry will be available upon request; that request is in itself a denial of liability against the owner for content displayed within.

The rules I would imagine would be something along the lines of:

1. The Administration reserves the right to remove any content deemed unsatisfactory at any time without warning.

2. Pornographic material is not allowed, if members want that they know where to go.

3. Personal insults are not allowed.

Apart from that, anything goes. The automatic site censorship would still be in effect, that a forumwide thing but members will not be censored for such.
 

·
He wipes front to back
Joined
·
27,654 Posts
see marie a well run forum is always looking at ways to improve so as to attract more members and keep the ones they have coming back . this is a well run forum .

mods are needed for the times when lagered up members come on for a blather so they can moderate the blather
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,236 Posts
Red Devil said:
As Jazz says, we are planning to have a private, passworded, section that Joe Public cannot see. Password and entry will be available upon request; that request is in itself a denial of liability against the owner for content displayed within.

The rules I would imagine would be something along the lines of:

1. The Administration reserves the right to remove any content deemed unsatisfactory at any time without warning.

2. Pornographic material is not allowed, if members want that they know where to go.
3. Personal insults are not allowed.

Apart from that, anything goes. The automatic site censorship would still be in effect, that a forumwide thing but members will not be censored for such.
No?? Any suggestions mate? :p ;)........:D
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top