Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 13523 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
30 mins left. Pique is so much bigger than any of the other players, its funny!
Frazier Campbell is looking lively. Sam Hewson (1 for the future) and Darren Gibson are strong in the middle. Steady back 4. Still not sure about Dong though. For me his name says it all (harsh but sorta true)
Ill let you know if anything happens and the FT score.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Dong is cacat......:D

Darren Gibson is very, very good player I say....and Pique may be this huge man but very fast too you know - I want him in this first team soon.....

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Brandy on for Dong.
R.Eckersley on for Pique.
First time 2 brothers play together in the Manchester United reserves ever I think:
Richard and Adam Eckersley.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
I am watching this game now - just got the time before 'Fools and Horses'....

No income tax no VAT
No money back
No guarantee...
Black or white
Rich or poor
We cut prices at a stroke....

God bless hooky street
Long live hooky street
Viva hooky street
C'est magnifique hooky street
Magnifique hooky streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
surely the nevilles played reserves, thought saha mite get a run out i heard, pique too good to be playin reserves, weve got so many good central defenders its scarey,
rio, vida, brown, o'shea, evans, pique,

nice new pic at the bottom there carly, devils have wings, give them roots and they can fly

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
mulletsneverdie said:
surely the nevilles played reserves, thought saha mite get a run out i heard, pique too good to be playin reserves, weve got so many good central defenders its scarey,
rio, vida, brown, o'shea, evans, pique,

nice new pic at the bottom there carly, devils have wings, give them roots and they can fly
These 2 in my pic do fly already, lol....down both wings and scare defenders to death Grrrrrrrrrrrr !!!

Brandy score for reserves very good goal now.....4 goal in 12 game !!

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
30 mins left. Pique is so much bigger than any of the other players, its funny!
Frazier Campbell is looking lively. Sam Hewson (1 for the future) and Darren Gibson are strong in the middle. Steady back 4. Still not sure about Dong though. For me his name says it all (harsh but sorta true)
Ill let you know if anything happens and the FT score.
Agree, its been very, very good whenever iv seen him play......and my Dad knows someone who goes to quite alot of the reserves games and he says he has no doubt that Hewson will be a 1st team player when he's older.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Red Devil said:
Just watched Brandy's goal on mutv. Got one chance, and took it!
True and its great to see. He had only been on the pitch for a short time also. Good prospect I've heard but I've not seen much of him.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
I watched the reserves play against Liverpool last night on MUTV.

Initially I was hoping to see G Neville and Fletcher but neither were in the squad.

I particularly kept my eye on Hewson (I think he's a good prospect), Barnes (because he signed from Lancaster City my hometown club), Lee (last years reserve player of the year) and Dong (to see if he did anything remotely encouraging).

Liverpool had Leto and Itandje in their starting line up.

United started brightly but failed to take advantage and inevitably Liverpool went up the other end and scored after creating little. The goal changed the game and United were very poor afterwards with Liverpool creating lots of chances.

In the 2nd half we didn't have a single shot on goal until the 82nd minute when Kieran Lee saved the day - a driving run from left-back followed by a quick one-two and a headed goal as the pass was lofted back to him. United were stirred by the captains efforts and totally dominated the last few minutes - Dong completely missing the ball when he had a great chance to score one on one with the keeper albeit under a lot of pressure from a Liverpool defender. Although in the 93rd minute United were lucky when a Liverpool header came back off the post and was scrambled away by Lee.

Hewson showed good passing ability under pressure in the centre of the park throughout the game.

Barnes had a lot of the ball down the left and made some good runs but his final ball was very poor.

Lee gave a solid defensive performance looking very assured and, of course, scored the equaliser.

Dong made 2 very good slalom runs past defenders but always ended up losing the ball, the last defender always seemed to win the tackle and, like I said, he missed a glorious chance to score the winner. Still not impressed I'm afraid.

1 - 20 of 13523 Posts