Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
one thing happened to me on a national championship ( waterpolo) while i was very young and i couldn't understand it at that time

i trained every day , on some occasions twice a day and our entire team was as fit as you say " a buthcer's dogs"( we are proud for producing the finest talents in the world in that sport - lol we're like athletic bilbao - only every year we get to the CL final )

but as the championship begun i couldn't swimm like 100 meters without having "oxygen bottles on my back" - i was exhausted after 2 minutes of the play - hell i was exhausted after the warm up

and only years later i found out that i had overtrained and i created milk acid in my muscles

sometimes players think they can play but there is a little thing called acumulated fatigue - for example ronaldo wasn't taken off because he had no strenght to finish the city match - he was taken off in order to help him being fit and fresh for Wigan,Arsenal and Barca for example - it sometimes had to do with the prevention rather than the tiredness in that particular moment

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
Yeah, i understand what you are saying CROoney.

Would cutting his excercise by 30minutes, 3 days before the next game have helped us out that much?
look at it this way - imagine if he played 60 minutes against city AND for example 45 minutes against Wigan

- that's 105 minutes - and that's way more than playing 180 minutes before arsenal match...

3 days is not that much considering that the fatigue is the most accumulated in the 2nd day -

i'm sure that saf keeps tracks of minutes played for most of his players - and he thought ronaldo was unnecessary gamble as the match had already been finished -why risk anything

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
I don't think anyone is disputing that mate. I don't think any of us actually thought Ronaldo was tired at that moment. We realise that it was prevention rather than a cure.

Still though, these are professional athletes. They are looked after by the best physios in the world. They've been playing sport all their life. I'm sure the people around Manchester United and SAF recognises when a player needs to be rested.

However, I think it should be used sparingly given we all our games left are huge. Starting tonight. All are must win.
yeah - thats' why i don't doubt in his decision to take him off

:specool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.