Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am of the opinion, that older players like Scholes, Giggs etc, need resting, as they are getting on. Training a couple of times a week plus a couple of games must get tiresome.

But, what do you feel about the younger players being rested? Lets say one or two big names are put on the bench tonight and not used, with the weekend in mind. Is that really necessary?

Look at Ronaldo for example, fit as a butchers dog, in peak physical condition. Probably hits the gym every day. Does a player like Ronaldo really benefit from not spending 90minutes on the pitch, or is it the risk of injury the boss is looking to cut out?

This has always played on my mind and i hate it when, what i believe are risks taken, in resting talented players, just to see us through to another game.

I'm just as worried about Wigan tonight as i am about Arsenal at the weekend. On that note, any team news on tonight?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good points mate.

The motivation and the drive should be there now and we should be going all out. Only a few games left now and if we had a game a day for the next week i'd like to think the boys would be up for every single one. These games are so important now.

Really looking forward to this tonight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.