Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
16,798 Posts
I think all players need a break at some point during the season. At United, we have so many big important games we need a massive squad and rotation is a must. No squad of 11-15 players could hack the pace all year long.

However, at this time of the year, we shouldn't be concerned about resting players anymore. We should be going into every game like it's a cup final. A must win. The summer is on the horizon. Players can rest then.

I think we really should go full strength tonight. Wrap up the points and then win the title at the weekend. They we can rest people for the CL final in the game against Hull.

·
Banned
16,798 Posts
sometimes players think they can play but there is a little thing called acumulated fatigue - for example ronaldo wasn't taken off because he had no strenght to finish the city match - he was taken off in order to help him being fit and fresh for Wigan,Arsenal and Barca for example - it sometimes had to do with the prevention rather than the tiredness in that particular moment
I don't think anyone is disputing that mate. I don't think any of us actually thought Ronaldo was tired at that moment. We realise that it was prevention rather than a cure.

Still though, these are professional athletes. They are looked after by the best physios in the world. They've been playing sport all their life. I'm sure the people around Manchester United and SAF recognises when a player needs to be rested.

However, I think it should be used sparingly given we all our games left are huge. Starting tonight. All are must win.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.