Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barcelona have reached an agreement with Bayern Munich to sign French star Franck Ribery, according to reports in Spain.

Ribery has been a long-term target for Barca and the Catalan giants are thought to have a struck a deal with Bayern to sign the 26-year-old winger this summer.

El Mundo Deportivo claims that representatives of the two clubs met with Ribery's agent Alain Migliaccio in Ibiza, agreeing a £30million cash-plus-player deal.

Bayern are believed to have accepted a fee of 25m Euros (£22.3m) plus the choice of either Aleksandr Hleb or Eidur Gudjohnsen, who are valued at 8m Euros (£7.1m).
Four-year deal

The France international has two years left on his Bayern contract and it is thought Barca have offered a four-year deal, although the club are yet to make an official announcement.

Manchester United and Real Madrid have also been linked with a big-money move for Ribery, who cost Bayern a club-record 25m Euros from Marseille in 2007.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_5263310,00.html

------------------------------------------------

Looks pretty set in stone, they agreed a similar deal when they signed Alves, whichy is a shame as i'd love to see him in the red of United...

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
25m Euros (£22.3m) plus the choice of either Aleksandr Hleb or Eidur Gudjohnsen, who are valued at 8m Euros (£7.1m).
Very, very good deal for Bayern. In fact I'd say Bayern are getting the better end by a long way.

25 million plus Hleb, they'll choose Hleb, is fantastic. I mean just break it down.

Hleb may be on the Barca bench but he is a simply superb technical player with plenty of Bundesliga experience.

Like for like replacement. In my opinion capable of filling Ribery's shoes at Barca. Plus 25 MILLION.

Take the cash & run for the hills.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
where the **** will he fit into there system though? this is the end of Henry at Barca so unless they move him to the center and sell Eto'o i think they should concentrate on there defence first rather then there somewhat"world class" and "best in the world" attackers

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Imagine Ronaldo and Ribery on both our wings. UNSTOPPABLE.

I hope this is ********.
it has the possiblity to be B.S as where does he fit into the Barca system without breaking up Henry Eto'o or Messi, but if he does goit could work in our favor as they might let Eto'o go and you never know Fergie might put in an offer and then we have the type of striker were after ;) we might miss out on a world class winger but at the end of the day if worst comes to worst we could still put Roo out there or else sign someone like Valencia whos good but not world class!

Z

·
0 Posts
Barcelona have reached an agreement with Bayern Munich to sign French star Franck Ribery, according to reports in Spain.

Ribery has been a long-term target for Barca and the Catalan giants are thought to have a struck a deal with Bayern to sign the 26-year-old winger this summer.

El Mundo Deportivo claims that representatives of the two clubs met with Ribery's agent Alain Migliaccio in Ibiza, agreeing a £30million cash-plus-player deal.

Bayern are believed to have accepted a fee of 25m Euros (£22.3m) plus the choice of either Aleksandr Hleb or Eidur Gudjohnsen, who are valued at 8m Euros (£7.1m).
Four-year deal

The France international has two years left on his Bayern contract and it is thought Barca have offered a four-year deal, although the club are yet to make an official announcement.

Manchester United and Real Madrid have also been linked with a big-money move for Ribery, who cost Bayern a club-record 25m Euros from Marseille in 2007.
Key words highlighted.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts

Four-year deal

Manchester United and Real Madrid have also been linked with a big-money move for Ribery, who cost Bayern a club-record 25m Euros from Marseille in 2007. And the English Giants still remain favourites to snatch the Frenchman's signature.

Key sentence highlighted. :eek:

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
it has the possiblity to be B.S as where does he fit into the Barca system without breaking up Henry Eto'o or Messi, but if he does goit could work in our favor as they might let Eto'o go and you never know Fergie might put in an offer and then we have the type of striker were after ;) we might miss out on a world class winger but at the end of the day if worst comes to worst we could still put Roo out there or else sign someone like Valencia whos good but not world class!
--------------Eto'o
Ribery---------------Messi

I would say he would fit in perfectly there Canto! And I think Guardiola would be willing to remove Henry from the first 11 to fit in Ribery. Every chance its not true though.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
--------------Eto'o
Ribery---------------Messi

I would say he would fit in perfectly there Canto! And I think Guardiola would be willing to remove Henry from the first 11 to fit in Ribery. Every chance its not true though.
Yeah i know he would fit into there system what i meant was that he wouldn't fit in without removing one of the big three up front and out of the big 3 none of them would be happy or willing to sit on the bench IMO! i won't believe this is true until i see it in the summer or its made official anyway i don;t think they should sign him as they are great attacking side already and should be concentrating on there defensive frailties first

·
HODOR!
7,033 Posts
where the **** will he fit into there system though? this is the end of Henry at Barca so unless they move him to the center and sell Eto'o i think they should concentrate on there defence first rather then there somewhat"world class" and "best in the world" attackers

--------Eto'o--

Ribery--Henry--Messi

---Iniesta---Xavi

Could work canto, but still not set in stone, can't see Ribery ending up there.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
--------Eto'o--

Ribery--Henry--Messi

---Iniesta---Xavi

Could work canto, but still not set in stone, can't see Ribery ending up there.
that would leave them abit exposed in Midfiled IMO as neither Xavi or Inestia are real ball winners or real players to break up the attack like Yaya Toure does for them i think if they do sign Ribery it will be the end of either Henry or Etoo

1 - 20 of 25 Posts