Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go looks like ribery is going to barcelona , ereything agreed apart from the fee.
So all of you in the ronaldo out , ribery in camp will have to settle for second best in ronaldo.
I for one am very happy to stick with ronaldo , any of you in the anti ronaldo corner got any ideas who you want now hes going to barca

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Happily have Ronaldo.

Still doesn't take away the fact that we need another winger.

Park's shit, and Nani's stalling.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
how the hell can they fit in Ribery when they already have Messi, Eto'o, Henry, Iniesta and Xavi as starters every week? :eek:

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
We never were gonna get Ribery...
Anyway Ronaldo is a far better player..

Let's hope Nani and Tosic battle it out for that LW spot next season..

·
Registered
23 Posts
how the hell can they fit in Ribery when they already have Messi, Eto'o, Henry, Iniesta and Xavi as starters every week? :eek:
^^^Exactaly!

Plus they are all composed passing players, where as Ribery is a lighning quick on the break type winger. I just dont see it as a good move for him. He would fit in better at OT imo.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Yeah, that's a good point...!

My guess would be that Henry has had an unbelivable season this year, but next season he may not play as much.. Messi....Eto'o....Ribery:)

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the rumours are eto is available at the end of the season and the press have been linking him to the dippers

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Hold your horses folks.

The Ribery to Barcelona story was sparked by an interview his Bayern teammate, Van Bommel, gave in Spanish.

He was asked the question: 'Do you think Ribery is good enough to play for Barcelona?' Unfortunately, Van Bommel's Spanish is not that good and what he said was interpreted as 'Ribery wants to play for Barcelona next season' when he simply wanted to say that Ribery is a good enough player.

Van Bommel has now withdrawn these comments - as is being reported by Sky Sports and the German press. The only football website still carrying the 'Ribery to Barca' headline is Tribal Football. 'Nuff said.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hold your horses folks.

The Ribery to Barcelona story was sparked by an interview his Bayern teammate, Van Bommel, gave in Spanish.

He was asked the question: 'Do you think Ribery is good enough to play for Barcelona?' Unfortunately, Van Bommel's Spanish is not that good and what he said was interpreted as 'Ribery wants to play for Barcelona next season' when he simply wanted to say that Ribery is a good enough player.

Van Bommel has now withdrawn these comments - as is being reported by Sky Sports and the German press. The only football website still carrying the 'Ribery to Barca' headline is Tribal Football. 'Nuff said.
Its just been on setanta sports again just now :confused:

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Hold your horses folks.

:rofl: True

So Ribery's still going to sign for us then? yaaay :D

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
The same story will be getting reported over the coming months repeatedly. The only difference will be the team involved that are apparently set to sign him.

Madrid, Chelsea, City etc....

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
IF ribery goes to barcelona and i stil have my doubt, he will be fighting henry for his position in the team. Henry has finally won over many of his doubters in spain in the second half of this season but its still only half a season and nobody can question the talent of ribery even if he is not of cristiano ronaldos ability, he is still much better than the likes of ashley young and co. He would fit in imo'

pz :cool:

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
Seems Ribery DOESN'T want to goto Barca, otherwise why would you ask your agent to get the comment from MVB retracted?

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I don't want ribery in and ronaldo out. I want both at united lol. Ribery is awesome and would improve the team loads but if he's going to barca then he's going to barca. :(

·
Registered
76 Posts
Seems Ribery DOESN'T want to goto Barca, otherwise why would you ask your agent to get the comment from MVB retracted?
That's a good point
I think he wants to stay in Germany though, he's the centre of attention in a good league, that's just the feeling I get
I for one would love him here though

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
He put in a quality shift tonight in front of his home crowd to be fair against one of the best teams in the world../

Looks like he could fit any good team who play attacking football.

pz!:cool:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts