Manchester United Talk banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Guys,

this year the football channel in my country has been showing Bundesliga matches and weekly highlights.

FRANCK RIBERY IS NOT OVERRATED!!!!

He plays as a left midfielder, but floats around too and cuts in a lot.

Some matches e plays predominantly behind Toni and Klose, but will still drift wide at times to stretch play.

His acceleration and ability to dribble at pace would be a fantastic asset to ANY team.

He is one of a few players in the world who could actually improve a team like man Utd or Barcelona.

His usage of the ball is extremely intelligent and his decisions are great.

He knows when to play a through balll, when to cross, when to cross first time, when to cut it back, when to go it alone.

A class plyer.

Not worth 62 mil, of course. Who is?

Bayern are going to get Diego and I don't see how they will hold on to Ribery too.

Well worth a punt.
Err... No. Juve already have an agreement with Bremen/Diego.

Sky Sports | Football | Bundesliga | News | Diego deal almost done

Besides, why would he go to a shit club like FC Vacuum?

Though I agree with the rest of your post, Ribery is not overrated.

· Registered
11,456 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Giggs isn't a winger anymore.

Nani and Park aren't good enough. No-one knows how good Tosic is. Lee Martin is just like Chris Eagles.

We need another winger.
Quite how you come to the conclusion that Park isnt good enough to play for United I don't know... He may not be full of tricks but he runs his heart out for the team every game and has never let us down. Fergie rates him highly as do the players around him ....He will be playing in the CL final for sure. He may not be the glamourous name that you are looking for but successful football teams and squads are not made up of star names alone there has to be a complimentary blend of players and attributes in order to win matches.

A team made up of a goalkeeper and 10 Ronaldos while blessed with world class skills and pace would win nothing because one would look for all the glory and the other 9 would sulk at not being given the ball and would refuse to track back and do all the ugly, often unoticed things that allow us to keep possession and build attacks. For every Ronaldo there needs to be an O'Sea and for every Rooney there needs to be a Fletcher.

· Registered
228 Posts
Woke up this morning to the report that Patrice Evra has been talking Ribery into joining United.

- Evra told The Sun: "Many say Cristiano will leave but only he knows the answer.

"It's clear a guy like Franck would be the ideal solution for United if Cristiano left. Of course I talk to Franck about it, I tell him 'you had better come here'." -

61 - 67 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.