Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see this in another thread and made me think. when i think back to when richardson was with us i didnt really think about him. but now when i look back he had a bit of potential to be a good player. I dont think he was gonna be the new giggs of united or nothing but compared to Nani at this point in time i think i would prefere richardson on that left flank. He shows a lot of courage and bottle in his performances for sunderland and had a good spell at west brom

Nani shows to me that he wants to play well and wants to improve and fit the united shirt but he isnt putting in the performances week in week out. I think Nani has talent but im not to confident in him turning it into consistancy. My point is was we wrong to flog richardson and buy Nani when he had equally just as good a player who was born and bread united? who was also english :D

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Good point...Richardson is now a very important part of Roy's set-up up north and
we gave it to him.

He's certinaly a more unselfish player then Nani and will play for the team, where
as Nani is selfish and plays for himself shooting when he can...no matter the
distance/angle

Basically, if Richardson was still a United player at this moment in time he'd be in
the left wing position for me ahead of Nani...

Presuming we had Nani and Richardson and all our current squad, these are my
players to start the left wing position...

Park
Ronaldo
Richardson*
Giggs
Cleverly
Evra
Fletcher
Nani

* If we still had him....I'm sure everyone on here knows my feelings towards Nani
and his worth at United, so I won't waste my and everyone elses time by going
on a huge rant about him here....;):D

However, Fergie persists in playing him!!!

I'll stop tere before I go on...:p

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Richardson never really took that step up in quality required to stay at United. Fergie had a look at him and Eriksson (as England boss) took a look at him but now he's playing for Sunderland (a team in the relegation zone) and hasn't had a look in for England.

Nani on the otherhand is a regular starter at United and has cemented his place in the Portugal squad. His quality is there for all to see. His problem is that he is frustratingly inconsistent.

The reason I mentioned Richardson in the ego's thread is because the general consensus when he was at United was that he was a flash git with his cars, jewellery etc even though he was barely a squad player at United.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
was a big advocate of richardson but like many other he didn't have that ability to progress further and that class to be even a regular united squad player. nani on the other hand does have the brilliance, yes his selfishness and weaknesses e.g. poor corners can be worked on and improved and united and SAf and his coaches are past masters at it. remember ronaldo when he first came had the same flashes of brilliance but some of the same weaknesses as nani has now- we managed it once with him sure we can do it again.

out of the two guys nani all the way for me, he potentially is in a different class-one that richardson can only dream about. that's that sorted then :)

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
oh my GOOOOD !

i can't believe we've come all the way here !!!

richardson or nani ?!

what a terrible player richardson was for us....he's ok with keane now but he was disastreous for us

i can't even remember how many times he was robbed in midfield to let the opponenets score

sure nani is in some sort of crisis right now but overall - just look at nani's stats for portugal - one of the more important players for them -and richardson is only capable of playing for sunderland

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thing is i started this thread because i found it an interesting comparrison. i didnt start it to slate nani or say he was a worser player than richardson. I mean i dont think richardson is a terrible player but i also dont think his united quality. just wanted to see other peoples views because as i said nani has more potential but his consistantcy is low. I personnally would take Nani over richardson but just thought it would be interesting because we could spent more or nani than what we sold richardson for is their that much of an impacting differance?

I dont want nani to go i like him as a player i just wish someone would develop his final product and soon. i didnt want this thread to have a negative vibe towards Nani just wanted to see peoples comparrisons of the two players

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Clarky101 said:
Thing is i started this thread because i found it an interesting comparrison. i didnt start it to slate nani or say he was a worser player than richardson. I mean i dont think richardson is a terrible player but i also dont think his united quality. just wanted to see other peoples views because as i said nani has more potential but his consistantcy is low. I personnally would take Nani over richardson but just thought it would be interesting because we could spent more or nani than what we sold richardson for is their that much of an impacting differance?

I dont want nani to go i like him as a player i just wish someone would develop his final product and soon. i didnt want this thread to have a negative vibe towards Nani just wanted to see peoples comparrisons of the two players

lol - that's ok mate...

fair play to you

·
23,699 Posts
Clarky101 said:

Don't worry about it mate. It is not your fault that Richardson was brought to mind after constant frustration at the talented Nani's rather flat learning curve....

A double whammy unwittingly delivered nonetheless.... Ouch!!

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Ban that Keano lad from threads like this, his views on Nani should be in the jokes section:)--- joking Keano mate

And my answer to Nani or Richardson is a simple NO!!
Richardson has fulfilled his potential
Nani hasn't even started yet

And thats the reason why Nani regularly plays for Manchester Unt an Portugal while Richardson plays for Sunderland and will never make the England set up!

Look a wise man would at least give Nani until the end of this season until they started slated him. I'm giving him a chance... if he doesn't perform well after this season i will then start to question him!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
LMAO I can't believe people are being serious about this personally I think Richardson is crap, makes me feel everyone is against Nani + to compare him with someone like Richardson is embarassing. He was our top assister last season give the lad a chance as soon as he hits some form, you wait ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts