Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just writing a short one here as i'm knackered and don't want to be sat on the pc for that long really. I thought i'd knock up some of the reason i think we've been doing badly and wondered if anyone agreed or disagreed with us.

- The decline in performance and standard of the older players in the squad. Scholes, Giggs, Neville and VDS performances have dropped but they haven't been dropped from the team.

- Ronaldo being injured.

- Carlos leaving.

- Rooney being played out of position - i'd put him in the hole and frankly build the team around him.

- Ferguson perhaps unsure who to pick. Nani or Park, Anderson or Scholes, Fletcher or Giggs. Whatever the situatoin I feel Ferguson has been making poor selections because we have too many players of similar standard.

- Waiting until the 11th hour to make our signing (Berbatov).

That's all i've got at the moment. I don't think the start has been awful, losing away at Anfield is hardly a crime and four points from two games is not that bad if you exclude the loss to Liverpool.
But considering our poor end to last season and the poor start to this season it's been a few months since we played really well. For me I haven't seen a good performance for a long time now. We've been playing at an average level since when we played Blackburn last season which if you cast your mind back was quite some time ago.

I am starting to feel worried and with Chelsea ahead, we really need a performance soon. I've got a feeling we might get thumped at the bridge, we'll see.

Maybe i'm being pessimistic? I'm sure some of you feel the same as me though.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
RichardsReds said:
- Carlos leaving.

Not to surea bout all of those but that on ethere is a very good point. Things will
have changed, Mikey will have a new heir about him so things will run differently.
Plus, Carlos had the experience and such to assist Fergie. Mike will settle in
though IMO, but it will take time for me.

Good point though Richard

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Of course if Ronaldo was fully fit from the kick-off, and if Carlos was still here we might be in a better position at the moment. However, I honestly think it's just a start of the season lack of fitness and concentration. Maybe even some of the players are dropping off slightly, after last season's European success. I'm slightly worried, but only because of Chelsea and Liverpool's starts to the campaign. This time last season, after three games, we only had two points. So with that said, I'm sure we'll pick it up within the coming weeks, go on a nice run and be chasing Chelsea and Liverpool.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I agree with those points.

Sucks that Foster is out for 2 months because I want him ahead of VDS. At least there's still Kuszczak. VDS has been a problem this season. In fact so has Giggs, Nani and Neville. How can a few months make such a difference to them?

Ronaldo should have played from the start but I can understand why he didn't.

Rooney was the biggest problem. Hopelessly out of position. Poor team selection.

We've actually started better this season than we did last season, but unless Chelsea have major injury problems or a drop in form then United better play damn well from now on.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Great points... I agree with the Carlos one mostly though. I can see us gettin battered on Sunday but after that the season will pick up. I think we will sit around 4th position for most of the season and then near the end get a couple of good results that will put us right in contention. Like Chelsea did but we wont bottle it at the last hurdle like they did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts