Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's rid this site of negative fans what we want who believe like myself we will beat anyone . Who also believe that manchester united is not only a football club but a life commitmant me and my family from my grandad to my uncle's to my dad we are red through and through. From rotterdam to barcelona to milan to munich we have followed our club and never never did we believe we couldnt win . So if I see a fan posting on this forum barcelona are a tough call im gonna reply you aint a real fan . We have to believe we are the best because we are so give me your opinions why are we the best and what can we do to improve ?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
lol Faz, you love starting a thread:p
We all support our team and think we are the best, thats a given....
but to think the game against Barca will be a breeze is just naive.
We have 8 more games (cup finals) that will determine the destiny
of our season. Its in the hands of the team, will we win the Cl and Prem?
Who knows. We believe that we can , we know we can but there is a fine line
between winning and losing, a bit of luck here, a peno given there.....
You cant get rid of negative fans. There will ALWAYS be negative fans,
whether we are winning or losing. At the end of the day, everyone has the
right to their opinion......
Personally I think we will win the Prem and become champions of Europe
on the 50th anniversary of Busby's Babes.
United!

·
Registered
854 Posts
it's great to be optimistic sure. however, to be a little bit cautious about a game doesn't make you any less of a fan. barcelona will be a tough game of course it will it's the semi-final of the champions league. however, i believe we can win the big games and I have every confidence in each and every player in our squad.
United!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Constructive criticism is a good thing mate ;)

Also, there's a few names for getting rid of people you don't like or who oppose your ideas and voice their opinions, e.g. Dictatorship, totalitarian states, communism etc. :rolleyes:

This is a forum, a public meeting place where fans discuss mainly Man Utd and other topics.

Wouldn't life be so boring if we all just said the same thing and agreed with one another!!!!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
There is no harm in being realistic and cautious but I do understand where fazman is comming from. I just had a bad feeling when we played Man City twice this season (No Rooney in both!!) and I tipped for a United loss but that doesn't mean I am a bad fan am I? I was just being realistic to be honest..because I know without Rooney it will be tough and City always play harder when they vs United. Another time I thought we wouldn't win is the Boro draw because it was a trip all the way from Rome (Jet lag) and we did not have Vidic and I saw how Boro killed Chelsea and they did beat Arsenal at the riverside too and drew vs Pool. Ofcorse I always wish and want united to win each and every single game but some times I feel as if it is not going to happen like the Man City games. I am one of those fans who have real belief in our team and think we can even go undefeated and win all 4 competitions and I will never leave Man United for another club and I have no 2nd favourite club team after United and I make sure everything I buy is original so all my cash does go to the club but me thinking Man City was going to draw or win doesn't make me a bad fan does it? I personally believe that Man United will be in the Champions League final and we can knock out Barca! Our success in the CL is due and lets do it for the BUSBY BABES!!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
^^^^^so you predicted that we would lose twice to City? :rolleyes:
Umm I predicted a loss of points - draw or loss - only because city derbys are different. All City do is wait all year round when will the United clash be. Just like Everton vs Pool - I always tip Everton and in the first league game they deserved to win or atleast draw with 9 men! City derbies imo are different to normal games and that is why I thought like that. If you also look at our first game against city we had the worst start ever in the EPL and we were out of form and we had no Rooney or Ronaldo for that game and it was away hence I thought a draw or loss would happen and I was correct even though we dominated it and deserved to win. The second clash against city we did not have Rooney and every EPL game Rooeny did not play in we lost so yeah..and plus there was no Evra so hence I predicted a drop of points and it happend lol

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
fazman said:
So if I see a fan posting on this forum barcelona are a tough call im gonna reply you aint a real fan.
So anyone who has an opinion maybe saying that Barcelona is a tough game -
which it obviously is by the way - you are going to tell them they are not a real
fan, LMAO - we're on the outskirts of Looneyland here - fast approaching city
centre !!!

Barcelona is a tough game - what do you want me to write ?

What about ...

Barcelona are really crap and we will thrash them easy !!

There we go - now everyone else can copy/paste this - and voila - you're happy.

No opinions that vary, no points to discuss, and you're happy - who needs a
forum then :confused:

Fans can post what they like on here - no one will ever tell them what they can
and cannot post as long as it is within the rules - I wont tell them so you
certainly wont be either.

Let's just be nice and if someone says something you don't like - then enlighten
us all with your reasoned argument against their opinions - it works for me
Fazzy ... ;)

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
sparkic said:
because it was a trip all the way from Rome (Jet lag)
What in the name of all that is holy are you going on about ... :confused:

Jet lag on a flight from Rome to Manchester, LMAO ... :eek:

It takes 80 minutes and it is in the same time zone !!

80 minutes on a plane will not tire anyone out - trust me ... :rolleyes:

S

·
0 Posts
ROFLMAO Carly. You can make people laugh while
speaking the truth. Quality.:D

Barcelona definatly is a tough call.

Oooops ! I'm not a true fan and i'm off to get rid of myself !

Bring on the dippers or the rent boys in Moscow !!;)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
there is a huge different between negative and realistic.
i believe we have a 55% chance of getting to the champions league final, and 70% chance of retaining the title. am i realistic or negative?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
What in the name of all that is holy are you going on about ... :confused:

Jet lag on a flight from Rome to Manchester, LMAO ... :eek:

It takes 80 minutes and it is in the same time zone !!

80 minutes on a plane will not tire anyone out - trust me ... :rolleyes:
lol okay maybe not jet lag BUT it was a mid-week game and playing 3 games in one week is tough and yeah I still end up sore 2 days after my 90 minute games lol

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
yangch0000 said:
there is a huge different between negative and realistic.
i believe we have a 55% chance of getting to the champions league final, and 70% chance of retaining the title. am i realistic or negative?
I'd say your %ages are about right !

Slight favourites against Barca ... and almost home and dried in the Prem League !!

Not too bad so far is it ... ?

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
carlyluvsunited said:
So anyone who has an opinion maybe saying that Barcelona is a tough game -
which it obviously is by the way - you are going to tell them they are not a real
fan, LMAO - we're on the outskirts of Looneyland here - fast approaching city
centre !!!

Barcelona is a tough game - what do you want me to write ?

What about ...

Barcelona are really crap and we will thrash them easy !!

There we go - now everyone else can copy/paste this - and voila - you're happy.

No opinions that vary, no points to discuss, and you're happy - who needs a
forum then :confused:

Fans can post what they like on here - no one will ever tell them what they can
and cannot post as long as it is within the rules - I wont tell them so you
certainly wont be either.

Let's just be nice and if someone says something you don't like - then enlighten
us all with your reasoned argument against their opinions - it works for me
Fazzy ... ;)

I have every confidence in my team to beat barcelona thats my opinion to be negative is a weakness in my eyes and to say you believe were in for a hard game is negative .

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
fazman said:
I have every confidence in my team to beat barcelona thats my opinion to be negative is a weakness in my eyes and to say you believe were in for a hard game is negative .
To believe we're not in for a hard game is stupidity !!

This is the semi-final of the Champions League we are talking about here !

The very best Europe has to offer has turned up for this competition - all 32 of
them - the cream of the crop !!

28 have fallen by the wayside beaten and not good enough.

We're left with possibly the best 4 in Europe now ...

So anyone who refuses to acknowledge this is going to be one hell of a battle ...
maybe even a war - really needs a reality check ... ;)

No offence to you and your views - I just hope Fergie and the team don't just
dismiss this and feel so confident that they do another Milan job !!

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
carlyluvsunited said:
To believe we're not in for a hard game is stupidity !!

This is the semi-final of the Champions League we are talking about here !

The very best Europe has to offer has turned up for this competition - all 32 of
them - the cream of the crop !!

28 have fallen by the wayside beaten and not good enough.

We're left with possibly the best 4 in Europe now ...

So anyone who refuses to acknowledge this is going to be one hell of a battle ...
maybe even a war - really needs a reality check ... ;)

No offence to you and your views - I just hope Fergie and the team don't just
dismiss this and feel so confident that they do another Milan job !!

Im not offended your entitled to your opionon but mine is never to look at the negatives always look for positives

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
maybe there is also something called being over-optimistic blindly, and ignoring the abilities of everyone else all together
no offence to anyone:D :D

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yangch0000 said:
maybe there is also something called being over-optimistic blindly, and ignoring the abilities of everyone else all together
no offence to anyone:D :D
well ive taken offence lol!!! i aint really i never believe we can be beat thats why it hurts so much when we do get beat i believe we are the best that is why i think this way

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
Constructive criticism is a good thing mate ;)

Also, there's a few names for getting rid of people you don't like or who oppose your ideas and voice their opinions, e.g. Dictatorship, totalitarian states, communism etc. :rolleyes:

This is a forum, a public meeting place where fans discuss mainly Man Utd and other topics.

Wouldn't life be so boring if we all just said the same thing and agreed with one another!!!!
Well said sir, did you copy this off a previous post of mine by any chance?

On the subject of negativity; there have been quite a few threads of late, all negative, who do you hate etc. BE MORE POSITIVE people!!!! Never mind who you personally hate, or not.

The most negative people are normally those who, like K4 says, are dictators. Dictators do not like a counterpoint.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
fazman said:
well ive taken offence lol!!! i aint really i never believe we can be beat thats why it hurts so much when we do get beat i believe we are the best that is why i think this way
i would love to have a mentality similar to you, but as long as we are not facing bolton in the semi final, it is still a two-legged tie and nothing is done and dusted.
it would hurt me as much as u do if we dont get to the final this year

1 - 20 of 23 Posts