Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Euuh...Manchester United's right back position is kind of weak..Gary Neville is injured and is not that good in my mind...Wes Brown is more of a Center Back..I like Gerrard Pique and would like to see more of him...but some may disagree with me..should we get another right back?Or test him ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
Neville is quality and our captain. Some people have very short memories. Just because Gaz hasnt played in ages doesnt mean he still cant come back and do the job he has ALWAYS done. Anyway Wes has filled in superbly. We have O'Shea who can fill in. We have Simpson and Pique who are excellent prospects. Evans can play there also.
Would be be letting Bardsley go out on loan if we were short of options at RB?
I dont think so!
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,664 Posts
I disagree that Gary Neville is 'not that good'. He's been one of United and England's most reliable defenders for over a decade. I can count on one hand the number of mistakes I remember him making for club and country.

Other than that I do agree that we look a little weak at right-back. Brown, O'Shea, Hargreaves, Pique and Simpson can all fill in there but only Simpson could be regarded as a natural in that position and he is very inexperienced.

I thought Bardsley had a future at United but I hear today that he has gone on loan to Sheffield United for 3 months so he won't be getting his chance in the 1st team.

Micah Richards is the ideal replacement but he would be very expensive and difficult to buy. Can you recommend any other right-backs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jazz 16 said:
Neville is quality and our captain. Some people have very short memories. Just because Gaz hasnt played in ages doesnt mean he still cant come back and do the job he has ALWAYS done. Anyway Wes has filled in superbly. We have O'Shea who can fill in. We have Simpson and Pique who are excellent prospects. Evans can play there also.
Would be be letting Bardsley go out on loan if we were short of options at RB?
I dont think so!
Wouldn't you like to see Gerrard Pique play more often...?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Neville is quality and our captain. Some people have very short memories. Just because Gaz hasnt played in ages doesnt mean he still cant come back and do the job he has ALWAYS done. Anyway Wes has filled in superbly. We have O'Shea who can fill in. We have Simpson and Pique who are excellent prospects. Evans can play there also.
Would be be letting Bardsley go out on loan if we were short of options at RB?
I dont think so!
Coudn't of said it better:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
reddwarf said:
I disagree that Gary Neville is 'not that good'. He's been one of United and England's most reliable defenders for over a decade. I can count on one hand the number of mistakes I remember him making for club and country.

Other than that I do agree that we look a little weak at right-back. Brown, O'Shea, Hargreaves, Pique and Simpson can all fill in there but only Simpson could be regarded as a natural in that position and he is very inexperienced.

I thought Bardsley had a future at United but I hear today that he has gone on loan to Sheffield United for 3 months so he won't be getting his chance in the 1st team.

Micah Richards is the ideal replacement but he would be very expensive and difficult to buy. Can you recommend any other right-backs?
Micah Richards would be perfect...
But i don' think we can or will get him..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
reddwarf said:
I disagree that Gary Neville is 'not that good'. He's been one of United and England's most reliable defenders for over a decade. I can count on one hand the number of mistakes I remember him making for club and country.

Other than that I do agree that we look a little weak at right-back. Brown, O'Shea, Hargreaves, Pique and Simpson can all fill in there but only Simpson could be regarded as a natural in that position and he is very inexperienced.

I thought Bardsley had a future at United but I hear today that he has gone on loan to Sheffield United for 3 months so he won't be getting his chance in the 1st team.

Micah Richards is the ideal replacement but he would be very expensive and difficult to buy. Can you recommend any other right-backs?
Gary Neville is still our captain, to me anyway even if no one else he is an important United player. He has always played an important part with Beckham and Ronaldo and he is very vocal - which is not always such a bad thing!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
Ceapnk said:
Wouldn't you like to see Gerrard Pique play more often...?
I mentioned Pique being an excellent prospect.
It wouldnt bother me if he came in because I know he would do a job. He is down the pecking order but his chance will come.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
I think if United in the latter part of the season are comfortable at the top (assuming United will be there) Pique with Brown will get more of an opportunity and Fergie may rest Vidic and/or Ferdinand for bigger Cl games come the latter stages of that!
Pique is a bright prospect, I just hope another defensive signing won't ruin the chance of him getting a chance at United!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anderson's God said:
I think if United in the latter part of the season are comfortable at the top (assuming United will be there) Pique with Brown will get more of an opportunity and Fergie may rest Vidic and/or Ferdinand for bigger Cl games come the latter stages of that!
Pique is a bright prospect, I just hope another defensive signing won't ruin the chance of him getting a chance at United!
I agree..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
its a new age a comin and a new right back is inevitable, whoever it is, is gonna be inexperienced compared to neville, simpson in my opinion is the right choice if he was to toughen up a little, gives a good balance for evra. o'shea, brown and pique are all worthy of the position but none of them are right backs if you catch me drift. whoever plays, im supportin them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,930 Posts
i would like Ricahrds...but we have neville(he's old yes...but he's neville)....brown and the young simpson..but as i said i would love Richards at Man Utd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wazza1989 said:
i would like Ricahrds...but we have neville(he's old yes...but he's neville)....brown and the young simpson..but as i said i would love Richards at Man Utd
Richards is one of my favorites player...what a talent!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,139 Posts
What about danny simpson he played well the other day, he's gonna be good in a few years too and brown is good enough to take over until then. Would love to have richards but i think the club won't want to spend more money any time soon! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,423 Posts
not only his neville the best right back in the prem he one of the best right backs in europe (if not the best) he is also a model pro who has looked after his body and he could easily play for a good few years yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
rooneyNo10 said:
What about danny simpson he played well the other day, he's gonna be good in a few years too and brown is good enough to take over until then. Would love to have richards but i think the club won't want to spend more money any time soon! :)
Simpson is a great talent.

andycole9 said:
not only his neville the best right back in the prem he one of the best right backs in europe (if not the best) he is also a model pro who has looked after his body and he could easily play for a good few years yet.
Can't agree with you..Emmanuel Eboue is better...Micah Richards is better...Alves is better...the list goes on....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,423 Posts
Ceapnk said:
Simpson is a great talent.


Can't agree with you..Emmanuel Eboue is better...Micah Richards is better...Alves is better...the list goes on....
eboue can't even get in the gooners team and when he does he plays right mid

as for richards he won't play right back at all in a few years he's a central defender and as been playing there all season for his club
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
andycole9 said:
eboue can't even get in the gooners team and when he does he plays right mid

as for richards he won't play right back at all in a few years he's a central defender and as been playing there all season for his club
Eboue is better than Neville...he is a lot faster..makes better challenges...and richards is too...
I am not saying that Neville is a bad defender..but he isn't that good..he's decent...could have better..
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top