Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
reddwarf said:
I disagree that Gary Neville is 'not that good'. He's been one of United and England's most reliable defenders for over a decade. I can count on one hand the number of mistakes I remember him making for club and country.

Other than that I do agree that we look a little weak at right-back. Brown, O'Shea, Hargreaves, Pique and Simpson can all fill in there but only Simpson could be regarded as a natural in that position and he is very inexperienced.

I thought Bardsley had a future at United but I hear today that he has gone on loan to Sheffield United for 3 months so he won't be getting his chance in the 1st team.

Micah Richards is the ideal replacement but he would be very expensive and difficult to buy. Can you recommend any other right-backs?
Gary Neville is still our captain, to me anyway even if no one else he is an important United player. He has always played an important part with Beckham and Ronaldo and he is very vocal - which is not always such a bad thing!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I think if United in the latter part of the season are comfortable at the top (assuming United will be there) Pique with Brown will get more of an opportunity and Fergie may rest Vidic and/or Ferdinand for bigger Cl games come the latter stages of that!
Pique is a bright prospect, I just hope another defensive signing won't ruin the chance of him getting a chance at United!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.