Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you had to choose to win the league or to win the champions league right now.. what would you choose?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Ill go with the bread and butter. Lets catch those Scousers.....
It would be more embarrasing to throw away the league now, than
to lose to Barca for example.
But ideally Id take both ;-)

·
Registered
854 Posts
i know most will disagree but the CL. The final is on my 21st birthday it would be the perfect present. Plus, I wanna get the same feeling from 99. Hope obviously both but if I had to choose 1, it would be the Champions League.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
premier league. it is huge to retain the trophy this season, and to avoid letting chelsea taking the trophy third time in 4 years. we got to make the premiership our own. then we can build on that in europe in coming years with this squad.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For me it's always win the league first it's more a true test of a team, as its based on 38 games as opposed to 13 games if you get to the final of the UCL, also it would be another title nearer the scousers.Saying that winning theUCL comes a very close second.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Right now it's the Premier League...but if we got to the final and met the Scousers it would be the Champions League.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
ronaldosrightfoot said:
For me it's always win the league first it's more a true test of a team, as its based on 38 games as opposed to 13 games if you get to the final of the UCL, also it would be another title nearer the scousers.Saying that winning theUCL comes a very close second.
^Ditto! You hve saved me an extra post as I share exactly the same sentiments with you over this matter. Cheers matey! ;)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
reddwarf said:
Right now it's the Premier League...but if we got to the final and met the Scousers it would be the Champions League.
Oh yeah, I never thought about that scenario......
Losing to the Scousers in the European Cup final would be the biggest disaster
imaginable.......Id gladly concede the Prem title for that scenario NOT to happen
EVER in my lifetime. Just the thought of those wrinkly, tattered Scouse heads
gloating for decades unend make me sick to the pit of my stomach.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
reddwarf said:
that is too true. i will give up anything just to beat liverpool in the final. i cant imagine losing a final to them.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
yangch0000 said:
that is too true. i will give up anything just to beat liverpool in the final. i cant imagine losing a final to them.
It was bad enough losing the Carling Cup Final to them in 2003! Losing the Champions League Final to them would probably be the worst night of my life.

Good thing it won't happen then ;)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
i say the premier league as it is more imprtant in my eyes....but severall people have raised the fact that if we reach the finals of UCL and meet liverpool then we cant lose at all!! :eek:
we have to beat liverpool.....
but id prefer both :eek: ;)

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
always aim to be champions of your own country first its the most important by far to home grown fans,whatever happens after that is a bonus.

·
Registered
57 Posts
yeah it would be embarassing to lose the prem now but in all honesty i NEED the Champions league. Ive had enough of losing out on that. I'll never forget the tears of joy in 99.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Ill go with the bread and butter. Lets catch those Scousers.....
It would be more embarrasing to throw away the league now, than
to lose to Barca for example.
But ideally Id take both ;-)
Exactly!! Jazz just read my mind lol :p

·
Registered
293 Posts
prem because the team work week in and week out for it, and then to just have it lost in the last 3 weeks would be a horrible feeling.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts