Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Certain sections of the media appear to be relishing United's woes at the moment.

Wayne Rooney was heavily criticised by the former Liverpool defenders who serve as pundits on Match of the Day, for example, and he's still being given a hard time in the newspapers today.

Personally, I thought Wayne's red card was very harsh. Hugely frustrated that United couldn't take a quick free kick, he launched the ball back in the direction where the kick should have been taken from. The referee Phil Dowd saw this as dissent and couldn’t get the second yellow card out quickly enough.

It's such a shame that Wayne's sending off has overshadowed his efforts to inspire the Reds' massive improvement. I thought he was fantastic on Saturday. He single-handedly grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck when he came on at the start of the second half and very nearly led United to an equaliser that would have completely changed the game. He showed the energy, drive and passion that was strangely absent in the first half.

Speaking of passion, did you hear Alan Green's commentary on the Scousers' win against Aston Villa on 5 Live (BBC Radio)?

When Gerrard scored from the penalty spot to make it 5-0, Green shouted, “Liverpool 5 Villa 0 - are you watching Manchester?”

Are we watching?! Well yes, we are actually. We've watched our team go top of the table with a game in hand. We've watched our players win three pieces of silverware already this season. We've watched our team become the first from the British Isles to win the Club World Cup, and we've watched the players book places in the Champions League quarter finals and FA Cup semi finals. So yes, we are watching, Mr Green.

Okay, so Liverpool have had a tremendous two weeks. We’ve had a tremendous two decades. So let’s get it all into perspective.

It was a grim weekend but at least there was some good news at the end of it with Ben Foster being called up to the England squad. He deserves his chance after lots of frustrating injury setbacks. I get the feeling he could be England's and United's number one for many years to come.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={83A644F4-1A7E-48B9-AF95-4605613A9A18}&newsid=6629410&page=1

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Alan green is a scouser full stop , good old paddy crerand chinned him some years ago for being anti united

Z

·
0 Posts
Yep Alan Green is a cnut of the highest order. He doesn't even try to hide the fact that he's a Kopite anymore.

There's so much Liverpool bias in the media these days, on Sky Sports, Match of the Day, etc, yet the scousers say it's all biased towards us. :wacko:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Yep Alan Green is a cnut of the highest order. He doesn't even try to hide the fact that he's a Kopite anymore.

There's so much Liverpool bias in the media these days, on Sky Sports, Match of the Day, etc, yet the scousers say it's all biased towards us. :wacko:
i am afraid the liverpool love in is everywhere , they have people on setanta , sky sports, talk sport and five live , all their ex players seem to get a job in the media.
The one debate which pissed me off last week was "Liverpool are everyones favourite second team because of the wonderful football that they play" i nearly gagged on that one

Z

·
0 Posts
i am afraid the liverpool love in is everywhere , they have people on setanta , sky sports, talk sport and five live , all their ex players seem to get a job in the media.
The one debate which pissed me off last week was "Liverpool are everyones favourite second team because of the wonderful football that they play" i nearly gagged on that one
That's because none of them are talented enough to become top managers like ex United players do :thumbsup:

·
Registered
141 Posts
ive just put a complaint on the bbc website about alan green it took about 5 mins to do,they are breaking a code of conduct by not being impartial on games.collymore was on talksport and was saying how liverpool fans were respected in europe more than utd fans,i honestly dont know how these morons get jobs on the radio at least when terry christian was on he said things tongue in cheek.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
ive just put a complaint on the bbc website about alan green it took about 5 mins to do,they are breaking a code of conduct by not being impartial on games.collymore was on talksport and was saying how liverpool fans were respected in europe more than utd fans,i honestly dont know how these morons get jobs on the radio at least when terry christian was on he said things tongue in cheek.
Colymore is on a personal crusade against ronaldo some of his comments have been outrageous , the black country idiots voice is grating on the radio

Z

·
0 Posts
Colymore is on a personal crusade against ronaldo some of his comments have been outrageous , the black country idiots voice is grating on the radio
I'm surprised he can find the time between dogging and beating up his wife.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i really hate the scouse bars.tards soon as the team have a good week there the best team in the world (fact is ur a pub team at best with your long ball tactics and pentalty decisions) if that was so united would be the best team in the universe a million times over, also they crawl out from the woodwork as soon as they win but there nowhere to be seen when there losing, half of them dont support livepool they are just anti united, the fact that they are on the radio and tv makes me sick and the bias is unbelievable towards them but united are the luckiest team in the world. ABSOLUTE GOBS.HITES THE LOT OF EM.

·
Registered
141 Posts
thats the thing that winds people up the fact collymore has the nerve to slate ronaldo when he himself is such disgraceful human being and ronaldo as worked hard to get where he is.as far as im concerned collymore and alan green can go dog each other

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
thats the thing that winds people up the fact collymore has the nerve to slate ronaldo when he himself is such disgraceful human being and ronaldo as worked hard to get where he is.as far as im concerned collymore and alan green can go dog each other
lol with collymore beating alan green up first , but i forgot he only hits women

1 - 16 of 16 Posts