Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rio Ferdinand has revealed he could join the list of ex-Manchester United players to follow legendary boss Sir Alex Ferguson into management.

Four current Barclays Premier League bosses played under Ferguson at United while Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer took their Uefa 'A' badges this summer.

Ferdinand may have missed out on the England captaincy but skippered United with distinction last season and Ferguson has lauded the 29-year-old defender's leadership qualities.

"I love football so I'm sure I'll be involved in the game in one way, shape or form," said Ferdinand.

Future plans
"As I get older, management seems the direction that I'd like to see myself in."

Ferdinand helped United keep a clean sheet on Monday as they beat Portsmouth 1-0 to record their first win of the season.

The defending champions must now wait three weeks for their next league fixture away to Liverpool due to their Uefa Super Cup clash and the opening World Cup qualifiers.

And Ferdinand believes United will face competition from the usual suspects once they resume their title defence.

"I think you can't really look past the normal teams who are about, the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea," he added.

"Those three are definitely going to be involved in one way, shape or form, so as I say, you can't really look too far past them.

"There's usually one team that comes out of the woodwork, last year it was Everton. Who knows? It might be them again or it might be someone else."

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
^^LOL neither can I. Nothing against the guy because he is a huge personality and presense in terms of the modern footballer but he seems to be too big a celebrity to be a manager one day!

I imagine he would do a great job as manager though but i just think he is too 'cool' to be one if u get what i am saying!haha

pz

·
Registered
17 Posts
I can sort of see him in management however at the same time I can't really imagine him standing on a touch line in either a suit or a tracksuit - I'm sure he'll probably stay in football in some way and he would make an amazing manager.

Z

·
0 Posts
I can't really imagine him as a manager at all. He looks far too laid back for that kind of job. I can't see him giving anyone 'the hairdryer' treatment.

From what I've seen of him off the pitch he's quite a funny guy and I think men like him should stay away from stressful jobs like football management
and maybe look at doing some TV work. I'm sure he'd be a popular figure on TV with his quick wit and humour.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
United_OG said:
^^LOL neither can I. Nothing against the guy because he is a huge personality and presense in terms of the modern footballer but he seems to be too big a celebrity to be a manager one day!

I imagine he would do a great job as manager though but i just think he is too 'cool' to be one if u get what i am saying!haha

pz
he can be lovely manager who his player like him like Bilic :)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Blade said:
I can't really imagine him as a manager at all. He looks far too laid back for that kind of job. I can't see him giving anyone 'the hairdryer' treatment.
From what I've seen of him off the pitch he's quite a funny guy and I think men like him should stay away from stressful jobs like football management
and maybe look at doing some TV work. I'm sure he'd be a popular figure on TV with his quick wit and humour.
I disagree. When he is captaining Manchester United he is focused and driven
as well as being a born winner. You often see him roaring at the defenders
and he always gives Edwin abuse lol.
I can definitely see someone like Rio becoming a great manager.
He will learn off Fergie, who is the best ever....just like Sparky, Bruce, Keane, Ince etc did.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts