Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Rio Ferdinand admits that the team he used to hate was - Manchester United.

Ferdinand has become one of United's most influential players since his £29.1million move from Leeds in 2002.

And he captained Sir Alex Ferguson's side in their epic Champions League triumph over Chelsea in Moscow.

But Ferdinand, 30, who wants to finish his career at Old Trafford, has revealed he was consumed by hatred for United when he was a young pro at West Ham.

Ferdinand said: "I couldn't stand United when I was 21 or 22 because they used to win everything.

"A United fan came up to me once and said 'I bet you'd love to come to United'. I said 'I'll never go there'.

"But I have to admit I was so excited when I arrived."

Ferdinand extended his deal last summer to stay at Old Trafford until 2012.

Yet he admitted: "I'll be 34 when this contract runs out and I'd have to be very lucky with injuries and keep in tiptop shape to go beyond that. If I'm still playing in the first team at 34 I'll be delighted."

Although United have made a slow start to the defence of their Premier League title, Ferdinand claims he is not worried.

He said: "Our aim now is to make sure we're within touching distance at Christmas so we can kick on next year and reel in those teams above us."
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/12/03/rio-ferdinand-i-used-to-hate-manchester-united-115875-20942266/

·
HODOR!
7,033 Posts
Yeah but most people who didn't support Utd kinda did hate them because of their success so not real surprise to me cuz he was a Hammer.
And he now loves Utd so alls well that ends well!

·
Banned
836 Posts
Ferdinand: I used to hate Man Utd

Rio Ferdinand admits he hated Manchester United when he was coming through at West Ham.

Ferdinand said: "I couldn't stand United when I was 21 or 22 because they used to win everything.

"A United fan came up to me once and said 'I bet you'd love to come to United'. I said 'I'll never go there'.
"But I have to admit I was so excited when I arrived."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts