Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source : Goal.com

Rio Ferdinand has paid tribute to his Manchester United defensive colleague Wes Brown, describing his performances this season as fantastic.

United have not always had their first choice back four available, with the likes of Gary Neville and Nemanja Vidic suffering lay-offs throughout the campaign. However, one constant for the Red Devils has been the form of supposed understudy Wes Brown.

At the start of the season, Brown was expected to deputise for absent colleagues but has surpassed that modest expectation. This season he has formed the nucleus of United's defence, providing steel and taking responsibility. This has not gone unnoticed by Ferdinand.

In the absence of Vidic recently, Ferdinand has been under no extra pressure thanks in no small part to the capabilities of Brown.
He revealed:“Wes has been doing it all season and you expect big performances from him. Gary Neville is fit now but he's still managed to keep his place - and that speaks volumes for the way Wes has been playing. The manager has great confidence in him, he's a fantastic professional and I always feel comfortable playing alongside him.â€

"Nemanja Vidic has been a top player for us over the last two years, and for him to be out of such important games might have been a problem. But it's not when someone like Wes can step in so seamlessly. He's been great.â€

Peter Staunton

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Zenitka said:
wow:eek: :confused:
I love United and I love Zenit...
No, I'm not being harsh, just wondering. As some say your a Zenit fan, so it expresses to me a wonder why you spend your days on a Manchester United forum. :)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Stephen said:
No, I'm not being harsh, just wondering. As some say your a Zenit fan, so it expresses to me a wonder why you spend your days on a Manchester United forum. :)
no problem :)
I write on 5 forums...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Without question Wes has had one of his best seasons for United, but that may yet not prove enough to keep his place in the United first XI. If Gary Neville can get back to the form and fitness levels he was showing before his injury in March '07, and when Nemanja Vidic get's back to full fitness United will have their first back four again.

I feel a lot rests on the form of Gary Neville, as to wether Wes can be a regular starter next season. Either way, I'm glad he has signed his new deal as I have always believed Wes is a good player for us.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
he has stepped up to the plate superbly covering wherever he has been asked . if it had not been for his signing on fiasco i think he would have been in running for second best player this season . the stalling bit upsets us much as it did when keano took so long to put pen to paper .

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
He has been fantastic, yes, especially in recent weeks.

But tbh, I would prefer someone else to play right-back. Wes is not a natural, he is a far better centre-back and he is, at times, vulnerable because of the fact hes not a natural centre-back.

It sounds unfair on him, and in many respects it is. But I just feel we would be better with a natural RB.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BUt in many respects..... brown got a new contract and so many games due to nevilles injury... rite ? :eek: ?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
He has been quality this season and imo has been a little underrated and has played the unsung hero part a little..he deserves the praise!

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
good thing brown was not his usual self against barca :p..he was terrific - but then he went on to his old habbits - assisting oposition to score - ( west ham ) - awful header

1 - 14 of 14 Posts