Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rio Ferdinand has hinted that he may call time on his playing career when his current contract expires.

Ferdinand, 30, moved to Manchester United from Leeds in 2002 and agreed an extension in May to keep him at Old Trafford for four more years.

The defender hopes to stay an integral member of Sir Alex Ferguson's side until 2012 but accepts that it might then be time for him to retire.

He told Inside United magazine: "When I signed my extension in May I said to David Gill: 'I hope this isn't the last one.'

"But I'll be 34 when this contract runs out and, if I'm honest, I'd have to be very lucky with injuries and keep myself in tip-top shape if I want to go beyond that.

"At the moment I'm just aiming to see out this term. If I'm still playing in the first team at 34, I'll be delighted.

"Maybe then I can say I've had a good innings."

Ferdinand has already enjoyed a successful career with three Premier League titles, a UEFA Champions League winner's medal and a League Cup triumph.

However, he is hungry for more silverware and is confident of adding to his trophy haul over the next few years.

"I'm greedy. If I finish my career with what I've won now, I'll be very disappointed," he said.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4603174,00.html

·
Banned
836 Posts

Rio Ferdinand has hinted that he may call time on his playing career when his current contract expires.

Ferdinand, 30, moved to Manchester United from Leeds in 2002 and agreed an extension in May to keep him at Old Trafford for four more years.
The defender hopes to stay an integral member of Sir Alex Ferguson's side until 2012 but accepts that it might then be time for him to retire.

He told Inside United magazine: "When I signed my extension in May I said to David Gill: 'I hope this isn't the last one.'

"But I'll be 34 when this contract runs out and, if I'm honest, I'd have to be very lucky with injuries and keep myself in tip-top shape if I want to go beyond that.
"At the moment I'm just aiming to see out this term. If I'm still playing in the first team at 34, I'll be delighted.

"Maybe then I can say I've had a good innings."

Ferdinand has already enjoyed a successful career with three Premier League titles, a UEFA Champions League winner's medal and a League Cup triumph.
However, he is hungry for more silverware and is confident of adding to his trophy haul over the next few years.

"I'm greedy. If I finish my career with what I've won now, I'll be very disappointed," he said.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Stephen said:
Hopefully, Jonny Evans stays here and it should be a low-profile easy switchover.
Thats the perfect solution. Unless Jonny Evans doesnt want to be third choice centre back untill he is 24.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts