Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Fantastic.

Hes one of the best defenders in the World, if not THE best, and has really matured over the last 2/3 years.

Next Captain definitely.

Z

·
0 Posts
Capital letters belong at the beginning of sentences and for names, not for entire posts. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
ferdnand signs new deal

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=4280225

Rio Ferdinand has signed a new five-year deal that will keep him at Old Trafford until he is almost 35, in which time he foresees plenty of success ahead.

The centre-half has reached the zenith of his career, with performances that have been consistently outstanding throughout the season.

Ferdinand, who joined the Reds in summer 2002 from Leeds United, is excited about the future ahead.

“This is a fantastic club and I'm delighted to sign a new contract," he said on Thursday.

"It's a great honour to be part of this trophy-winning team and to share in the success, which I am sure, will continue for many seasons to come. I'd like to thank the manager, the coaching staff, the players and the fans for the tremendous support they have given me since I joined the club."

Sir Alex Ferguson was clearly delighted to safeguard the future of one of his most important players.

"Rio’s contribution this season has been a major factor in our outstanding defensive performance," said the Reds boss, who intimated that the 29-year-old is a future regular captain in the making.

"He has matured into his role at the club and has shown, when needed, what a great captain and leader he can be. I am delighted Rio has signed a new contract."

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Don't mean to sound like a know it all but isn't this quite old news? I thought he signed this contract a month ago or something like that.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
dlan4327 said:
Don't mean to sound like a know it all but isn't this quite old news? I thought he signed this contract a month ago or something like that.

Agreed and signed are not the same.

You agree on the deal, than you let the lawyers earn their money and then when every single word has been ironed out, you sign.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Absolutly fantastic news, though it was no surprise.
Rio was always going to stick around OT. he will more than
likely see out his career here.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Imo, hes one of the best, if not THE best, defender in World football.

Now all thats needed is to offer Evra a contract, and sign Tevez permanently. ;)

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
great news! IMO he has been the best player in the league this season in terms of consistency and perfromances.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts