Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's seems to be no 1 for England but is only 3rd after Nev and Giggsy in United.

Rio Ferdinand set for England captaincy
England coach Fabio Capello will assess John Terry and Rio Ferdinand in training, with the Manchester United captain widely tipped to be handed the captaincy role on a permanent basis.

Ferdinand has long been the favourite to take over from Chelsea's Terry, who lost support within the Football Association last year for his aggressive on-pitch antics, which were not deemed suitable for an England captain.

Although Terry has since won plenty of plaudits for his wholehearted displays and his dignity after missing the decisive penalty in the Champions League final, Capello is thought to prefer Ferdinand in the role long-term.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/england/2576274/Rio-Ferdinand-set-for-England-captaincy---Football.html

·
Registered
566 Posts
rio is a better role model on the pitch for people. (im not too sure off the pitch)
terry on the other hand goes around barking at referees and spitting at others, behaving like a rogue.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
I know who is going to be the England captain!

Nick Barmby!

Nah, i really hope Rio gets it and i've got a funny feeling that it might... Isn't it announced this week, tomorrow maybe?

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
shout as me as much as like i still beleive gerrard should be captin of england.
i love rio hes by far the best defender in the world but hes not got the experance as captin as gerrard has got. hense why i think gerrard should get it for the good of england
terry to be no were near that armband hes useless as a skipper

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Now now, behave!!
If you slagged Ireland like that Id have you for breakfast.....
so play nice with our fellow Englishmen. Manchester is in England in case you hadnt noticed ;)
I'd never slag the land of my ancestors. I don't hate England, just the national team, as a matter of fact I'd like to live in England one day.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Boomhauer50 said:
does every yank have Irish ancestors :D
Pretty much, we'd still be there if you guys would've remembered to water the potatoes :p Most yanks have an Aunt Lori in their families too, at least my generation anyway.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Boomhauer50 said:
PIAZZA is that a famine joke? :mad:
Just a lighthearted rib, nothing more. I love all you Irishmen, makes me proud to be Irish. Is that a touchy subject there?

·
Registered
734 Posts
if you took the mick id say Jazz boot him :) ye yanks tho are funny iv a few yank relatives they prob clame their more Irish than me and im a kerry man :D

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Boomhauer50 said:
if you took the mick id say Jazz boot him :) ye yanks tho are funny iv a few yank relatives they prob clame their more Irish than me and im a kerry man :D
Ireland is awesome, I like beer,rugby and red-headed ladies.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts