Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rio Ferdinand will miss Middlesbrough's visit to Old Trafford on Monday after suffering a back spasm in the warm-up at the Britannia Stadium.

The centre-half was named in Sir Alex's starting XI but was forced to withdraw shortly before kick-off.

Now Ferdinand is expected to miss the Reds' next two fixtures.

“Rio won't play against Middlesbrough,†Sir Alex confirmed after the match.

“He had a back spasm again. We have to get to the root of this; he's had this back problem too many times, so we want to get to the bottom of it.

“First of all, we'll give him complete rest, but I think he'll be okay in about 10 days.â€

United's FA Cup third round trip to Southampton on 4 January could come too soon for Rio, although he could return in time for the Carling Cup semi-final first leg against Derby County on 7 January. The Reds welcome Chelsea to Old Trafford on Sunday 11 January.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={F9E570E6-407E-44BC-800F-4A3110258114}&newsid=6624442

·
23,699 Posts
marty davidson said:
“He had a back spasm again. We have to get to the root of this; he's had this back problem too many times, so we want to get to the bottom of it.
A concern indeed, what with this very critical period of games galore. But thankfully, Evans is ready to fill in his boots.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Oh dear....the way sir alex mention the word AGAIN is like saying he is having enough of it...anyway, here hoping he didnt need more than a rest thou.

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
Rio will have to pause for two games. I think that's not too scary because we are playing boro home and than the cup game

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, it's happened twice already this season I believe, so there must be a real problem.

It's not a problem in the short-term, as we've got Evans who I have every confidence in. But if it becomes a long-term problem, what with the amount and size of the games, as well as the quality of opposition, we will miss him.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
it's worth missing boro at home and southampton away, if they can get to the root of the problem. it will save many more games in the future if it can be sorted now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts