Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rio Ferdinand will miss Middlesbrough's visit to Old Trafford on Monday after suffering a back spasm in the warm-up at the Britannia Stadium.

The centre-half was named in Sir Alex's starting XI but was forced to withdraw shortly before kick-off.

Now Ferdinand is expected to miss the Reds' next two fixtures.

“Rio won't play against Middlesbrough,†Sir Alex confirmed after the match.

“He had a back spasm again. We have to get to the root of this; he's had this back problem too many times, so we want to get to the bottom of it.

“First of all, we'll give him complete rest, but I think he'll be okay in about 10 days.â€

United's FA Cup third round trip to Southampton on 4 January could come too soon for Rio, although he could return in time for the Carling Cup semi-final first leg against Derby County on 7 January. The Reds welcome Chelsea to Old Trafford on Sunday 11 January.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={F9E570E6-407E-44BC-800F-4A3110258114}&newsid=6624442

·
23,699 Posts
marty davidson said:
“He had a back spasm again. We have to get to the root of this; he's had this back problem too many times, so we want to get to the bottom of it.
A concern indeed, what with this very critical period of games galore. But thankfully, Evans is ready to fill in his boots.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, it's happened twice already this season I believe, so there must be a real problem.

It's not a problem in the short-term, as we've got Evans who I have every confidence in. But if it becomes a long-term problem, what with the amount and size of the games, as well as the quality of opposition, we will miss him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts