Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reports are saying that Robbie Keane is under going a medical at Spurs , no mention of a fee yet . I hope to god he comes back to haunt Liverpool and Mad Raffa in particular .

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
did hear about this last night. how crazy. some teams are just clueless when it comes to transfers. i really really hope tottenham get him back on the cheap

·
Banned
875 Posts
I really hope he goes back to Spurs and gets first team games DICKHEAD Raffa didnt give him enough games to settle in

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
What about the 12month rule? FA rules say he shouldn't be let move.
Only a loan till the end of season is possible here. And i can't see that happening.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Clarky101 said:
did hear about this last night. how crazy. some teams are just clueless when it comes to transfers. i really really hope tottenham get him back on the cheap
If it does go through and it looks like it will , then I think thats it for Benitez . Gillette and Hicks won't want a babbling fool like Mad raffa in charge . Me thinks Mr Klinsman might get a phone call soon .

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
What about the 12month rule? FA rules say he shouldn't be let move.
Only a loan till the end of season is possible here. And i can't see that happening.
I thought that too but Chimbonda...

He was never given a chance to settle... look at Berbatov now given the time he needed!!

Rafa really is cracking up!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Spurs v Arsenal on Sunday, Robbie Keane returns home to WHL and scored the winner in the 90th minute.

Also, Last game of the season (spurs v liverpool) imagin this, Robbie Keanes score's with the final kick off the ball to prevent liverpool winning the league........... Even tho we will have the league already won by then, still be nice for Keane to turn round and say GIRUY!!!!

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
Despite only signing for Liverpool last summer, in a weighty £20 million deal, Robbie Keane could be the latest Spur to return to Tottenham Hotspur after a short sojourn elsewhere.

Sky Sports have today confirmed that the Irish international will soon undergo a medical at White Hart Lane in order to assess the player's fitness, and once he is deemed fit the undisclosed - but speculated - £15 million transfer would be complete.

In an attempt to salvage Spurs' season, Harry Redknapp has looked to sign players that the north London outfit have only recently sold.

French defender Pascal Chimbonda has been bought from Sunderland after playing for the Black Cats for only six months, while Jermain Defoe has also returned to the club after one year at Portsmouth.

Robbie Keane would be remembered as an expensive flop during his short stay at Anfield. He scored a meagre seven times in 25 appearances.

His goals to games record at Tottenham though was always more reasonable, and he consistently managed double figures in his end of season tallies.

Reds manager Rafa Benitez was recently quoted as saying in a press conference that he wanted Keane to remain with Liverpool so that he could score lots of goals in the run-in.

Alan Dawson, Goal.com

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Apparently though, Benitez told a press conference that Robbie Keane was not his signing. It was the boards.

Whether or not it was a board signing, the way Keanes been treated has been disgrace imho and everyone at Liverpool really need to take a good look at themselves.

Anyway, as for the rule I don't think they'll implement it tbh and I think they'll let him sign for Spurs.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
manutd004 said:
Apparently though, Benitez told a press conference that Robbie Keane was not his signing. It was the boards.

Whether or not it was a board signing, the way Keanes been treated has been disgrace imho and everyone at Liverpool really need to take a good look at themselves.

Anyway, as for the rule I don't think they'll implement it tbh and I think they'll let him sign for Spurs.
I think this says it all really . This could be Benitez's way of sticking two fingers up to the Americans and the Liverpool board . Picture this .. Benitez goes in the summer and the new manager tries to bring Keane back to Liverpool . That would be comical . Nice little earner for Keane though . He must have made an absolute fortune on transfers alone .

·
Registered
553 Posts
Defo is out till the end of the season. Campbell is on loan. They could do with Keane.

I hope they get him cheap!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Tottenham don't actually need him they have 3 very good strikers in Bent, Pavlyuchenko and Defoe. I;ve heard rumours of Bent moving away so I wouldn't be surprised if he went in the summer if Keane joined. Pool are screwed if Torres gets injured who do they have to fill in?

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
Spurs dealings in general are embarrising.I know a spurs fan round here and he keeps saying he sold us their 'rejects' :rolleyes: .But they now feel the need to buy back their OWN rejects :confused: It baffles me tbh.....who said Levy was a shrewd buisness man?

1 - 20 of 89 Posts